No announcement yet.

Scoreing on Unreal tournament 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think i will throw again my prob into the round. so when i go leaderboards in ut3 itself, the pure stats are displayed fine for me, but if i change it to custom, it doesnt display anything. so basically i cant view my custom stats anymore since 2.1.

pretty ****, but they totally ****ed up with 2.0 anyway. resetting random entries in your stats ftl.

Comment

I have not been checking my UT3 stats since patch 2.0/2.1 (I don't remember which of them broke it) came.
      My stats are not visible anymore - I wait, wait and wait - and nothing comes.
      I don't care about them anymore!

Cheers!

Comment

Stats mean nothing, until they start keeping track of how many times my TEAM wins. Sometimes you have to do things to help your TEAM that hurt your own, meaningless, personal stats.

Comment

Originally posted by devilman34 View Post
          What do you guys think about a track-ball mouse? That is the kind of mouse that I use.
          track-ball? WHAT KIND IS IT? I know a good ut3 player who uses one and is really good.

Comment

With the scoring system, It sort of tallies 'points value' as an example 1 kill = 1 point 1 death = -0.75 So your score is tallied up and then converted to rank a flag cap is worth about 18; denied orb, flag + returned = about 8. Also anything on the list in stats contributes. If this doesn't wsolve your massive drop problem, it might be that lots of other people have moved up ranks and you have been affected by that.

So, you can get up lot of rank just by returning flags and using orbs. Someone I know is really bad but they have a high rank because they just go 'round healing powernodes!

Comment

ranking gives nothing because u ve just to have the best score for win places.... and score gives not the importance of a player in a team .... A guy who kill 50 pp has just 50 point(as 9orb used for a node) so when pp take orb for get prime node they win places??? it s totaly unfair for the rest of the team who protect him.....
              I know some of player just taking orb when it s easy to take it and let the other do the work after!!

Comment

Being a taxi for the orb carrier can be the most important job in a match.
                You will have 0 points when the match ends and some players will think you were away from keyboard
                Not fair at all.

However, it's difficult to say if scores say anything or nothing.
                Most times, the high scorers are very good players.
                Sure there are exceptions:
                I mean, one bad player could simply camp in front of the enemy core and as soon as it gets vulnerable, he begins shooting.
                In this case he is not a skilled player, because he is fully depending on his team.
                If his team does its job, he can attack the core.
                However, he did a good job anyway by attacking the core.

I think if one player tries to do anything like:
                - healing the core *joke*
                - building and healing nodes
                - using the orb smartly (not wasting when the node is nearly built)
                - attacking enemy nodes and killing enemy orb carriers
                - being a good taxi
                - attacking the enemy core - using Udamage and Berserk

If he has a very high score after those things, I think then he did a very good job.

So it's not easy to say if the score is earnt or not.
                Of course I always check my scores, but I never think: "What can I do to get more points?"
                I just play and try to make the things which I wrote above.

Cheers!

Comment

Hey guys that is some really awesome advice. If yall are ever in the area of say server Dallas_DM That is my personal server. Just having some veterans in tha room to see me get better would be cool. I just want to be so good that when I enter a room Everyone knows me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
                    I think if one player tries to do anything like:
                    - healing the core *joke*
                    - building and healing nodes
                    - using the orb smartly (not wasting when the node is nearly built)
                    - attacking enemy nodes and killing enemy orb carriers
                    - being a good taxi
                    - attacking the enemy core - using Udamage and Berserk

If he has a very high score after those things, I think then he did a very good job.
                    Warfare is a team game. Doing all those things you mentioned is not going to help too much if other players are already doing it. The key is to find out what your team is lacking or unwilling to do and fill that particular role. Also, find out what the enemy is doing with their strategy and try to counter it.

Comment

Yes, that's right, but it's not often very easy on public.
                      Many guys make what they want.
                      Of course a good player always must handle situation-specific.

My post was not the "must-way"

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
                        Of course a good player always must handle situation-specific.
                        Cheers!
                        Originally posted by BlueCloud View Post
                        Warfare is a team game. The key is to find out what your team is lacking or unwilling to do and fill that particular role. Also, find out what the enemy is doing with their strategy and try to counter it.
                        ++1 to both of these. They have it exactly right.

These are usually the reasons you meet the same players over and over again during a match. Sometimes they kill you and sometimes you kill them. Sometimes they are on your team and you win easily. Sometimes you wonder where the rest of your team is and you lose badly. It's about knowing what to do and where to go at the critical time. I call it on the fly strats. Be very fast, super aggressive, and relentless as a terminator in both attacking and defense.

It's all just wicked fun, see you all online.

Comment

Some people fall on the enemy orb right away for POINTZ!!!111 but I also often see a much more useful, albeit score-whoring, behaviour: players have realized denying the orb to the enemy team is useful, so they guard it on the ground for now. Now, if enemies you don't think you can take arrive, and the orb is on its route, then by all means suicide on it, but here comes the fun stuff: Lotsa pub players only guard it until the timer reaches 1, then they still suicide to get the points. Where's the logic in this? Youi'll have to go get all the weapons again, you'll be far away from stuff etc.

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
                            Lotsa pub players only guard it until the timer reaches 1, then they still suicide to get the points. Where's the logic in this? Youi'll have to go get all the weapons again, you'll be far away from stuff etc.
                            I do it sometimes.
                            However, most times when I have more than 100 hp or maybe a shield belt.
                            If an enemy suddenly surprises me, I do it independend of my hp.
                            Ah and sometimes when I have around 20 hp or less, I do it too, because I would not live long either way.
                            (In case there are no health points around me.)

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                            X