Scoreing on Unreal tournament 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scoreing on Unreal tournament 3

How does the scoreing system work on unrealtournament 3. Does it count the kills or does it count the shields and powerups you collect or all of the above. I use to be at about 22000 on the score card and know for some reason I am at 96000. Do bots count on a server?

Is this a joke? If you're serious, please take some time to read thru these forums, then maybe come back and try to articulate your questions a bit better. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by devilman34 View Post
      How does the scoreing system work on unrealtournament 3. Does it count the kills or does it count the shields and powerups you collect or all of the above. I use to be at about 22000 on the score card and know for some reason I am at 96000. Do bots count on a server?
      ???????

Comment

Think his refering to his placement on the unreal ladder and how he can improve is standing.

Does that thing still work btw? Haven't checked my stats in a year.

Comment

Only wins and losses of entire matches on Pure servers count as far as I know. Also see the topic with 'how do u become manta?' for further UT3 tips and tricks.

P.S. Wah!

Comment

It may be 2nd nature to us, but it's not that easy to understand when you can say you have 5 concepts related with one's progress or performance in UT3: ingame personal score, ingame team score, statistics, ranking and achievements. It's even more confusing for a newbie when there are achievments related with collecting power-ups

Comment

I think he means rank/stats. Just kill players with a better rank than yours to get higher.

1st check if your stats work tbh. Check your kills ,then play in a server and then check your kills again(assuming you killed at least 1 guy ).

Also search the forum with key words as: rank,stats.

Comment

play for fun, the stats will magically add up on their own. and then as an after thought, go back and look at them, and interpret it how you want.

ELO seems to be used as a general player vs player skill ranking system, albeit flawed for team/vehicle oriented gametypes.

Wiki it, you'll get a great read on tournament chess.

as i see it,
                play more = greater opportunity to improve. spec other players, don't be predictable, kow your weapons, know your maps. understand the games bugs. it ain't luck, there's real talent, and skilled players out here.

have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by rek View Post
                  ELO seems to be used as a general player vs player skill ranking system, albeit flawed for team/vehicle oriented gametypes.
                  It's flawed for anything other than pure duelling. It's a ranking system created for 1-on-1. It could work for teams too, but only if the teams were fixed and shared a ranking and only faced other fixed teams, but this would just be using teams as entities instead of individuals.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. Yall are awesome and If yall can gie me any in game tips A two year noobie can use on kill ratio I sure would appreciate it. What do you guys think about a track-ball mouse? That is the kind of mouse that I use.

Comment

i've never tried to play with a thumb ball. tell us how that is...

Comment

Its pritty awsome, Using a trackball that is. You don't have to move your mouse, just leave in one spot. It takes some getting use to though at first cause you will still be moving the mouse around and you don't have to0, just use your thumb. SO REK is there any pointers you can give towards being at the top with tha best on UT3?

Comment

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=694377
                          which summarizes alot of the repetitive information i could pass on...
                          have fun. that's first...

...i can give you a ton of pointers on how to populate the middle of the leader boards.
                          oddly enough, i only seem to score well, or cap on spammier maps

i recommend the same thing usually, keep moving,dodge, do not jump/bunnyhop, don't be repetitive/predictable. pratctice. continue to refine your use of all the weapons. learn IHammerbootjumps both vertical (reasonably easy) and horizontal (not so easy), continue to study your maps, let your inner clock know the belt/pickup timing, spectate people who lead in scores, to see how their game differs from yours, and adapt as you see fit.(evolve).

other things that might help include

finding your way over to FN http://www.fraggednation.com/ for some ladder matches, or you can find a link around here for the PUGs that are going down at whenever they go down amongst those that do that. this will involve something called irc...http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=679700 as a new guy to online gaming, i think i'm missing out, but well, what can i say, i'm old and lazy.(horrible excuse, i know.)

also, if you're planning on staying on this ride for a respectable amount of time, you might look around and see if any clans are recruiting, or if they have forums where you can open more dialog about this game, as well as here in these forums.

and let's not forget to try to interpret all our wins and losses in some kind of quantitative manner:http://ut3stats.beyondunreal.com/search or here: http://www.dfbgaming.com/ut3_stats/i...stat_type=pure

Comment

You guys are way nicer than me, I need to lighten up... Rek, pass me the Beer Bong please?

Comment

Devilman: Since I've seen you on the servers I feel I can give you some easy helpfull pointers.

1. Dont just come in and stand where you spawn.
                              2. Fire at people.
                              3. Idling will get you booted on servers that have an admin viewing.
                              4. Play through the intro and campaign mode in UT3 until you know how to use each weapon and move.
                              Once you have mastered the above. Ask for more help than what's available here.

Comment

Working...
                              X