Decade of UT = UT3 Free Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decade of UT = UT3 Free Weekend

In celebration of the 10th Anniversary of the UT demo(my god how sweet that was), Unreal Tournament will be $1.99 on Steam this weekend. In addition, the Unreal Deal pack is an incredible 60% off and this will be a free UT3 weekend - meaning you'll be able to play the full version of UT3 this weekend only via Steam. PRELOAD STARTS TODAY!

Epic Games, Inc. invites everyone to check out Unreal Tournament 3 Black, the premier first-person shooter with more official content and community mods than ever before, completely free of charge starting tomorrow.

Thursday, September 17, marks the 10-year anniversary of the original Unreal Tournament demo release, and to celebrate Epic will kick off a long weekend in which anyone can log onto Valveā€™s Steam digital distribution service, download Unreal Tournament 3 Black and play the game through the weekend free of charge. Preload for the Free Weekend begins today.

In addition, the original Unreal Tournament will be on sale for $1.99, and both Unreal Tournament 3 Black and the Unreal Deal Pack will be available for 60% off through September 27.

Unreal Tournament 3 Black comprises Unreal Tournament 3 together with the free Titan Pack, a massive bonus pack with countless enhancements and new environments, the Titan mutator, the Greed and Betrayal gametypes, the Stealthbender vehicle, weapons, deployables, characters and more. Unreal Tournament 3 Black also includes over 50 Steamworks Achievements.

Players who purchased Unreal Tournament 3 at retail can enter their retail key by using the "Activate a product on Steam" feature in the Steam client, and Steam will automatically update them to Unreal Tournament 3 Black for free.
    via Beyond Unreal

this is great!
    I will buy additional licenses so I could give this game to friends.

Comment

Amount of cool: much!

Thanks Epic and happy birthday UT!

Comment

Thanks epic.........and everyone be nice to the noobs, cause you were one too! I think it would be cool to have a few servers dedicated to new players by epic that way some veterans couldn'tscare them away

example:

Official Epic UT3 VCTF #3 (NEW PLAYERS ONLY)

Comment

I agree with you there mtv2004, the problem as mentioned in a previous topic would be moderating them.

I know newbies will be annoying with their questions and driving leviathans into water but lets try to make them feel welcome guys

Comment

woot another one to boost the player count for a month or so

Comment

sweet new player this weekend

Comment

The best part is the number of "regulars" that decide to alias during the free weekends!!

Comment

great news, looking forward to busy weekend!!

Comment

Happy Birthday UT and congratualtions Epic.

Speaking of demo's how about a new non beta UT3 one?

Comment

\o/

Look forward to the influx of new peeps

Comment

i'm generally on my best behaviour, but i will do my best to not actively discourage new players from sticking around. which is not to say that i will be happy to feign death while some bunnyhopping trirox new guy kills me and blows himself up. but i will be happy to see new names and players. as opposed to new nicks, with old players behind them.

thank you Epic, for not totally hanging this game up....

... also waiting to see if there will be some kind of new marketing push for this game, once MSUC is completed.

Comment

Yeah, it's a nice idea (if we say it when it's bad, we have to say it too when it's nice ), i won't play too much on pub this week end coz yeah, like rek said, the probable amount of bunnyhopper will dramatically increase, so i will let pubs this week end and i will see later....
                          Gj epic

Comment

I have to say I haven't really noticed that many new players. Most of the servers remain empty save for a few North American pubs that fill up a bit. But everybody is so bad on these you don't want to even join them. I kept getting mowed down by stingers and flak cannons last night by people who haven't even played the game 24 hours...

We'll have to see after the weekend, I guess. I know I spoke to a few noobs who said the game was wicked and that they're buying it, but I don't think they realize nobody plays it.

Comment

Originally posted by chaitea View Post
                              I have to say I haven't really noticed that many new players...
                              I have. I just played a game a few minutes a go that ended up with 2 or 3 regular players on each team with ~100 points, and 15 people per team with 0-10 points, obviously newbies. Fortunately I think they all enjoyed it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X