Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by pacerx View Post
    ... with this post, I am now a "Senior Member" on Epic Forums!
    Congratulations! Demonstrates perfectly that stats mean nothing. You've been senior a long time already, no matter what that thing says. Wah!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BlueCloud View Post
    Is it too much to ask for to read the thread before commenting? Only TTF kill people midgame to change their them, GOWJustice does not.
    No. I didnt mean GOWJustice, I meant TitanTeamFix. Read my message when you have time. Shuffling at start is yes, but after that it sucks.

Yes, I havent tried GOWJustice. Sounds like its better but programmer should make sure its not too prefect. If every round goes overtime...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
    So Pacer, does that mean it will still mix the teams up, and show as "pure"? That seems like the best of both worlds. Am I understanding that right?
    I believe so although it seems like the whole notion of "pure" was broken by the last patch... thankfully.

Congratulations to me... with this post, I am now a "Senior Member" on Epic Forums!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BlueCloud View Post
    Good work on the pure stats thing. I am going to install other mutators on the pub servers so don't care about stats right now. Any way to make it votable?
    I have not had a chance to dig in to how to make it votable. I thought about making a stub mutator which, when voted for, will trigger balancing but I think it would be better if voting for Justice occurred while map voting occurs. That would probably require new UI so that is a pain.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jiiihaad View Post
    Team balancers are pretty annoying when it kills you middle of the match(I think Epic didnt make this balance thing just because of that).
    Is it too much to ask for to read the thread before commenting? Only TTF kill people midgame to change their them, GOWJustice does not. And it can be turned off in TTF so it does randomizing only at the beginning of a map. GOWJustice does team balancing either by pph or by Elo now. Don't knock something that you haven't tried.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In my experience people will change if teams are uneven.

Team balancers are pretty annoying when it kills you middle of the match(I think Epic didnt make this balance thing just because of that). I havent heard any good comment about Raptor servers TitanTeamFix or notice any difference in team balance. Its more about players skill level than equal player numbers.

But 'Chance team' button could be more visible. UT3's UI is hard to use.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good work on the pure stats thing. I am going to install other mutators on the pub servers so don't care about stats right now. Any way to make it votable?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So Pacer, does that mean it will still mix the teams up, and show as "pure"? That seems like the best of both worlds. Am I understanding that right?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Server admins can use GOW Justice as a vote collector without using it as a mutator. All you need to do is set the VoteCollectorClassName in the [UTGame.UTGame] section of UTGame.ini as follows:

Code:
    VoteCollectorClassName=GOWJustice.JusticeVoteCollector
    That way you can maintain the "purity" of your server and your players can keep their precious stats.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have created a new version of Justice that has the option to use Elo rating rather than score to rank players. See the GOW Justice page for details and download link.

Every balancing scheme is a "bad idea" or "stupid" for one reason or another. Next someone will complain that good players using a fresh alias will throw team balance off. For me, it is important to mix things up... one way or another. Randomizing would be fine but I think using score or Elo rating is a bit better than that.

I see players say "my team sucks... f*$%ing newbs" and leave in a hissy fit more often than I see teams balance themselves. With Justice, you know you will get a new team soon so you can suck it up and practice your defense for a while. It may be out of balance again but there's a decent chance you'll be on the winning team next time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    People who won't play a server because it's not "pure" are just silly

Just silly?You r very polite Slick .

Anyway...no mutator is gonna fix the prob cause mutators are stupid.They cant tell a good player but only by calculating numbers.

Only players can even the teams unless they are more stupid than the mutator.Apparently we need a mutator to "fix" human stupidity n that CAN'T be done.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Whitelisting is good, but people who won't play a server because it's not "pure" are just silly

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Team balancers are good ideas on paper, but in my experience rarely good in actual use.

I find the best team balancer is the players themselves, and that teams will usually normalize after 2-3 matches --exceptions, of course.

Good example is last night we were on T5K's server, one team was clearly stacked, won three games in a row to my count by a good margin. Some "less experienced" players from my team left, the teams evened up much closer then. This happens quite often in my experience. Also I will often switch if I find my team to be winning by a large margin or the teams become uneven. And I really enjoy the challenge of playing against a "stacked" team... it teaches you to play very precise and waste as little time as possible with every course of action, and hones your skills much more than playing on a stacked team for a "lazy win".

Also making a mod that rates players and shuffles according to points per second or game of whatever is a bad idea. I know some awesome players that consistently score near the high middle or the scoreboard, yet they often contribute as much or more than the guy who point-whores the entire match.

Getting to the top of the point scoreboard is not very difficult in many maps, seasoned players know what I mean. I'm guilty of point whoring myself sometimes when others may be contributing much more to the actual win. In fact we have preconceived "point races" sometimes among my UT3 friends in pub servers, where the highest score wins regardless of the win/loss outcome. Just one way to keep the game interesting for me .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Stat whores. Pffffffftttttt!!!!
    Part of the blame lies with the stat whores and the other part with Epic, which used to whitelist mutators in UT2004 that don't affect stats but they dont' do that anymore for UT3 except for their own mutators like OrbFix etc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Stat whores. Pffffffftttttt!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X