I just gotta get me one!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    it's a neat idea for some playing around, but not for actually playing a game like UT3 ... first because with your arms you can't move that fast and second because you'd get dizzy after a short while from all the movement...

it might be an option for "calm" horror zombie games such as resident evil for example, but not for fast shooters.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UnrealGrrl View Post
    but hey, if the guy can market this, at least he can buy some pants and stop living in a garage
    lol, what a keen observer of detail... I had to go back and see for myself that he did indeed appear to be living in a garage, and seemed to be wearing boxer shorts for his big YouTube appearance...

or i would trip over the **** power cord while dodging...
    Don't worry; dodging isn't controlled by your movement, only mouse aim is

Leave a comment:

• replied
    that would weigh more than a redeemer. and battery life would then become an issue.
    or i would trip over the **** power cord while dodging...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They could always switch the lcd for a 70'' flat screen, you wouldn't even notice the difference.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by UnrealGrrl View Post
    but hey, if the guy can market this, at least he can buy some pants and stop living in a garage
    There is nothing wrong with a man living in a garage or not buying pants. These are perfectly legitimate lifestyle decisions, which some of us may, or may not, enjoy.

I wouldn't like this with a VR helmet because FPS games in general only allow for azimuth and elevation panning as controlled by the aim of the gun.

If I had to stand up wearing a VR helmet with my virtual view being controlled by the orientation of the gun, I think I would get dizzy and fall over.

It would be better to have my view controlled by the orienation of my head, with aim of the gun being independently controlled by a second motion detection device on the gun itself, the reticle being superimposed on the virtual view. But obviously this wouldn't be supported by any current game, none that I've heard of anyway.

I admit the lcd screen is tiny. I suppose that is the price of progress.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    until theres a VR helmet or 24" screen on the pistol, me no likey itty bitty screen to play on...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    im with this n move with buttons will disorientate the player.Fun to try tbh but not a substitute to mouse n kb.

PS. Looks fun though

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, we'd all like to stand for an hour waving that thing around These new gimmicky aim gadgets come and go , but the mouse and keyboard remain, pretty much as they've always been, why? Simply because there is nothing more ergomically sound.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    omg that's awesome.. i want one for sure...

would be great for unreal lots of movement.. would be nice
    for some people to get in shape !!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am impress.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by rek View Post
    i'd totally trip over the cable whilst trying to wall dodge.
    "We've made it wireless now"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    good 1 rek

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That is brilliant.

It looks like all he had to do was take apart a game pad, sticking its buttons here and there on the gun but not actually modifying the electronics at all. Then he's got the Gyration Air Mouse there, again no modification. And I bet the LCD screen probably plugs right into the secondary video output on the video card in clone mode.

All completely off the shelf, no special drivers required.

I bet Logitech could sell about a million of those.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i'd totally trip over the cable whilst trying to wall dodge.
    but it looks really neato.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Superking17 View Post
    Wow, that looks awesome, but it would probably get broken in a fast game like ut3

who cares!! i would have fun breaking it LOL

Leave a comment:

Working...
X