Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a 1st person view in Vehicles\skateboard yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a 1st person view in Vehicles\skateboard yet?

I bought this game a couple of years back. dropped it cos I thought they wouldn`t update it any more. Checked back today to see several new patches and even a free expansion! I am impressed. How many companies give free expansions without turning it into a crappy pay-for-DLC?

Just one more thing, have they incorporated a 1st person view in vehicles yet? I hate sitting 20 feet above my vehicle when driving.

You get used to it. And no, they haven't fixed it. Gods of Warfare did though. They created ONS 2.0, a friggin' awesome mod that makes a ton of really cool changes, including four different views - as well as first person - in vehicles. Check it out on the GOW Warfare server. See the mod at www.ut3gow.com.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
      You get used to it. And no, they haven't fixed it. Gods of Warfare did though. They created ONS 2.0, a friggin' awesome mod that makes a ton of really cool changes, including four different views - as well as first person - in vehicles. Check it out on the GOW Warfare server. See the mod at www.ut3gow.com.
      Thanks for that. Pity about first person vehicles in default, though, looks like they really don`t intend to make it happen ever, or surely they`d have done it by now.

I`ll check the Mod.

Comment

here is the mod:

ONS2

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if Unreal Tournament IV is a 3rd person shooter. It's the tendecy nowadays, 'thanks' to console users preferences mainly. I've been asking many times for a mutator that makes this game exclusively first person. Vehicles should also be first person. However, what really annoys me is that I have to see my character when I'm fragged or when knocked down by a vehicle. As regards the hoverboard, I don't care since I have it disabled (it's the most stupid idea I've ever heard for a game like this).

Comment

Originally posted by Stormrider View Post
            I wouldn't be surprised if Unreal Tournament IV is a 3rd person shooter. It's the tendecy nowadays, 'thanks' to console users preferences mainly. I've been asking many times for a mutator that makes this game exclusively first person. Vehicles should also be first person. However, what really annoys me is that I have to see my character when I'm fragged or when knocked down by a vehicle. As regards the hoverboard, I don't care since I have it disabled (it's the most stupid idea I've ever heard for a game like this).
            I agree. If the next one is all 3rd person, i won`t be getting it. I can`t see why they can`t have both to please all. How did you disable the hoverboard?

@Sanch3z: thnx.

Comment

It won't matter if the next UT is 3rd person. It'll take all of a week to create mutator that makes it 1st person.

Comment

hmm, actually I do not disable it, but I just don't play ctf. I play all maps (including ctf, vctf and war) in deathmatch mode, so no hoverboard. On the other hand, I could't live without the translocator, which I have enabled for deathmatch mode. It lets me move very fast and with agility to reach any part of a map. I switch between the translocator and the current weapon with the mouse thumb button. Apart, the battlemod mutator let's me increase the game speed, the walking speed and the jump height, for a very quick and intense experience, something like Quake III on steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormrider View Post
                  I'd be surprised if UT IV comes out before 2020.

Comment

If it's true that the 3rd only view was purely a nod in the direction of console users (which 3rd apparently suits), there is no reason not to give 1st back now.

Everyone said at UT3 demo time, that all this jumping out of 1st to 3rd and back ruins immersion, plus it can get very buggy online when that, still present, "server lag" builds up. As a PC only, UT player , you'd hope ,that a leading member of the PCGA such as Epic, would differentiate more between platforms instead of this stubborn one size fits all approach.

Comment

Here's a standalone mutator with plenty of first person and third person vehicle camera angles:
                      Camera Control

Comment

Working...
                      X