Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

How much is your cpu usage while playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How much is your cpu usage while playing?

    Game has ran ok until now.. suddenly major lag etc. I noticed my cpu usage is 100% all the time when ut3 is running. Unplayable.
    Dunno if the newest community pack has something to do it, its the only thing ive changed in my ut3 after it last ran ok.

    i have core2duo e6600 @ 3.2ghz
    Whatkinda usage you guys have?

    ps.ut2k4 uses 14%

  • #2
    My Quad core runs UT3 at an approx average load of 50% for all 4 cores. Within this average, there is 1 core constantly at around 80-90% and the other 3 are all constantly active but with % use variance at any given time.

    Definitely a game for Quad core scaling, as this old Anandtech performance review shows. If only UT3 used the PC GPU as well as it uses the multi core CPU, it'd be a Crysis beater graphically.

    Comment


    • #3
      I went from a C2D at 3.2 GHz to a C2Q at 3.2 Ghz and there was a big difference in gameplay. No more stuttering, no freezes during high activity - a much smoother experience.

      Comment


      • #4
        It should be at 100% if you have a single or dual core processor. If it's not, then the game is not running as fast as it could be, probably held back by the graphics card. It will be less on a quad core because the engine isn't that good at spreading the load (although better than most other game engines).

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
          It will be less on a quad core because the engine isn't that good at spreading the load (although better than most other game engines).
          UT3 has one of the best engines at spreading the load across 4 cores among the current generation of PC games...

          Comment


          • #6
            UT3's engine uses 100% cpu power if you turn on v-sync.
            This happens to my C2D E8400 (also when it was clocked at 3,6 ghz).
            Turn off v-sync, turn on the frame limiter and then you will see the game will not use as much cpu power as before.
            It's a mystery if you ask me...

            Greets

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
              UT3's engine uses 100% cpu power if you turn on v-sync.
              This happens to my C2D E8400 (also when it was clocked at 3,6 ghz).
              Turn off v-sync, turn on the frame limiter and then you will see the game will not use as much cpu power as before.
              It's a mystery if you ask me...

              Greets
              Thanks for the answers everyone.
              Nightmare85: "turn on the frame limiter" <-- Whats that and where do i turn it on? I'd like to test it.
              btw i have 8800 gts as gpu.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Masaai_Warrior View Post
                UT3 has one of the best engines at spreading the load across 4 cores among the current generation of PC games...
                That's what I said...

                Comment


                • #9
                  My Opteron 180 clocked at 2.6 Ghz runs at 100% on both cores

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X