Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Competitive Action, Demos & Videos

Here are a multitude of questions for all those in the know

Basically... the reason I like these games so much is that there is always some way to improve, whether its accuracy, use of vehicles, movemment, teamplay, shortcuts, etc. It doesn't matter... whilst there's new things to learn and other players to learn from that real temptation to play is always there. Its like the addictions of an MMO, except this one is skill based

Anyway... the problem for me is that, due to the relatively low numbers within the community its not that easy to find really good players. Whats even more difficult is finding demos or videos of competitive games to learn from.

There seem to be so many clanned players around, but so few seem to be in competitions. Some big game-types don't even have competitions, e.g. CTF or Warfare!

I used to mainly play Warfare, but have recently found CTF to be much more fun now that I've found some decent servers - so I have particular interest here (Also TDM ). Anyway, I have lots of questions for you all:

1) Which are the most active competitions (Europe/America)
    2) Where can I find demos of matches (CTF, Warfare, TDM... even vCTF )
    3) Where can I find videos of matches
    4) Where can I find some more competitive action, e.g. pickup groups (Europe/America)
    5) If you're in a clan, why aren't you competing at the moment/where is the best place to compete for you?
    6) If you're in a clan, when was the last time you had a competitive game?
    *edit: 7) Where is a good place to download the regular custom maps?

Perhaps this will uncover some hidden stashes of demos/videos or perhaps, even better, clans may realise that they're not in competitions only because others aren't. Self destructive cycle!

Maybe if one big competition/site is picked and as many teams as possible enter, we could more efficiently squeeze some competitive action out of the remaining community!

Thanks in advance.

There was a thread with links here for the Euro Warfare games (sadly not hosted anymore) If you haven't seen them already, they're a good watch. I think you're best asking a server admin what's available and where.

Comment

Originally posted by Lillien View Post
      Here are a multitude of questions for all those in the know

Basically... the reason I like these games so much is that there is always some way to improve, whether its accuracy, use of vehicles, movemment, teamplay, shortcuts, etc. It doesn't matter... whilst there's new things to learn and other players to learn from that real temptation to play is always there. Its like the addictions of an MMO, except this one is skill based

Anyway... the problem for me is that, due to the relatively low numbers within the community its not that easy to find really good players. Whats even more difficult is finding demos or videos of competitive games to learn from.

There seem to be so many clanned players around, but so few seem to be in competitions. Some big game-types don't even have competitions, e.g. CTF or Warfare!

I used to mainly play Warfare, but have recently found CTF to be much more fun now that I've found some decent servers - so I have particular interest here (Also TDM ). Anyway, I have lots of questions for you all:

2) Where can I find demos of matches (CTF, Warfare, TDM... even vCTF )
      4) Where can I find some more competitive action, e.g. pickup groups (Europe/America)
      5) If you're in a clan, why aren't you competing at the moment/where is the best place to compete for you?
      *edit: 7) Where is a good place to download the regular custom maps?

Perhaps this will uncover some hidden stashes of demos/videos or perhaps, even better, clans may realise that they're not in competitions only because others aren't. Self destructive cycle!

Maybe if one big competition/site is picked and as many teams as possible enter, we could more efficiently squeeze some competitive action out of the remaining community!

Thanks in advance.
      Maybe you should checkout the fall season on CB hhttp://clanbase.ggl.com/news.php?nid=326019

Duel has approx 50 signups so far and TDM ~20
      So DUEL and TDM are the most "active" competitive gametypes in EU atm.

2.) check out CB for demos, www.unrealnorth.com, or maybe even ESL for the last 1o1 spring cup.
      3.) maybe youtube, but thats it
      4.) #levi.pickup for 4v4 tdm (EU)
      5.) competitively, ut3 has actually died since last spring season. all high skilled duellers and tdm players have left the scene for quakelive, due to the fact that id communicates with the community. and this is what ut3 was lacking -> no support from epic and their "shelving ut announcement"
      moreover, ql is free and there is a ****load of players you can compete with. and you never have to bother about lag (eeks 32slot warfare) or other issues like missing filepackages for demoplayback etc. -> so thatswhy its only ql and #qlpickup.eu atm
      6.) uhm last game was spring cup icft or ctf cant remember

Comment

Basically... the reason I like these games so much is that there is always some way to improve, whether its accuracy, use of vehicles, movemment, teamplay, shortcuts, etc.
        Ditto.

Maybe you're Euro, but North America has a pretty active clan scene. Not extremely active, but clan matches take place regularly.

FraggedNation

I've actually found quite a few through YouTube searches.

FraggedNation

Once you become part of the FraggedNation scene, you start to meet a lot of people

FraggedNation season is over; we're waiting for the new one to start (which will be soon).

Somewhere near the end of the FraggedNation season, which was a few weeks ago. Before that, we were averaging one clan match a week, or so.

FraggedNation

Did I plug FraggedNation sufficiently in this post? I think someone owes me money.

Comment

Duel matches on the PS3
          http://www.iamgaming.com/forum/forum...nament-footage

Comment

Originally posted by Carn4ge View Post
            Ooo you just linked to me failing in the my matches vs RemY in 2nd round and semi-finals.

Comment

Plenty of competitive Russian players apparently though.

Met this guy who absolutely pwned me says he's a noob compared to certain guys and he goes to 3-4 tournaments a month + one for CS and/or QL

I wish I had smaller ping I'd play some competitive TDM then, not duel though I'm a total noob at that

Comment

Working...
              X