Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting DEMO files

Hi
    How can I convert the DEMO files to video files?
    And one more question, when I view my recorded demos how can I spectate at first person?
    Sorry for my english

Originally posted by JurassicPark View Post
    Hi
    How can I convert the DEMO files to video files?
    And one more question, when I view my recorded demos how can I spectate at first person?
    Sorry for my english
    You have to play them in-game and then record the footage with screen cap software (like FRAPS). You can't go DEMO > AVI or something.

Not sure how to spectate first person, if it's possible. I've always used the default view with the HUD removed.

Comment

Type 'behindview' into the console while spectating. This acts as a toggle, and will sometimes reset to third person after a death, so you can also type 'behindview 0' or 'behindview false' to set first-person for the entire time you're spectating.

Make sure you have plenty of HDD space, because you're going to spectate your demo, use Fraps to dump a raw AVI, and then compress the video to an acceptable file size using something like VidualDub. If you want to capture sound, you're also going to have to set the default Windows recording device and set Fraps to use Windows input for sound. If you use the default value, 'detect best input,' it likely won't work.

Actually just did it yesterday for a duel I uploaded to youtube.

Comment

Working...
      X