Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by BlueCloud View Post
    That's what I thought about the double damage Avril bug and the Orb minimap bug, but constantly getting it to their attention did work in atleast those two cases. I guess Epic does read this forum sometimes at least.
    I saw an interview somewhere ( i forget where) where one of the epic staff said that staff often read the forums, they just rarely post

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
    Ah Blue.... You are such an optimist! Who knows, maybe Epic actually WILL make changes to the default settings., Me, I'm a pessimist/cynic. Cheers! Wah!
    That's what I thought about the double damage Avril bug and the Orb minimap bug, but constantly getting it to their attention did work in atleast those two cases. I guess Epic does read this forum sometimes at least.

Originally posted by barondro View Post
    At this point, I am just glad the game works. I forgot I had a hard time to make it work the first time I installed it. Because my game isn't in the default directory, not even on a C: drive, I had to figure out the -nohomedir command all over again.
    Call me crazy, but I rather play the game than fiddle with errors and crashes and such ;-)
    You never said that you use -nohomedir! Anyway my game is in D: and still works without -nohomedir. If that's enabled, you should install maps, change settings, config and permissions wherever you installed it and not in 'My documents'.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    At this point, I am just glad the game works. I forgot I had a hard time to make it work the first time I installed it. Because my game isn't in the default directory, not even on a C: drive, I had to figure out the -nohomedir command all over again.
    Call me crazy, but I rather play the game than fiddle with errors and crashes and such ;-)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Someone could always make a python/perl script that just made a backup of the user's files and regex'd their settings into something better, make it into a standalone program, and try to get people to run it ... ^_^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you all forgot about us beta testers, whose game for some reason lost the ability to download new maps within the game. I just recently reinstalled the game, but that didn't help either. I am tired of troubleshooting something that should be working on the first place. What I do is:
    1. I download map packs, so I have all the favorite maps
    2. When people vote for a map I don't have, I disconnect. Find the map on the net. Download it manually, install it and reconnect to the server.
    3. I remind BlueCloud :-) that there should be a download link on pub website for all current maps votable on the game server ;-)
    USucc solves these problems.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ah Blue.... You are such an optimist! Who knows, maybe Epic actually WILL make changes to the default settings., Me, I'm a pessimist/cynic. Cheers! Wah!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you all forgot about us beta testers, whose game for some reason lost the ability to download new maps within the game. I just recently reinstalled the game, but that didn't help either. I am tired of troubleshooting something that should be working on the first place. What I do is:
    2. When people vote for a map I don't have, I disconnect. Find the map on the net. Download it manually, install it and reconnect to the server.
    3. I remind BlueCloud :-) that there should be a download link on pub website for all current maps votable on the game server ;-)
    Haha. When you reinstall the game, try to delete(or backup) My Documents/My Games/Unreal Tournament 3 too. That will make you lose all your settings, but may help. And yes, I am working on #3.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Keep voting for custom maps... keep posting threads like this... eventually people will figure it out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A little OT but id love to know why in australia, you can no longer find a DM server without some wacky mutator, yet you cant find a custom map. Ironically i want the reverse lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not everyone has the time or inclination to install programs or configure things. They should, but it doesn't happen. Having sane defaults will help the game a lot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I use cache converter by BradG, and I run it every time I finish playing. Takes 2 seconds. Of course, I almost always sit thru the dl's, and I collect mapsses because I love to explore and play new ones so much. It baffles me why everybody doesn't feel the same way. I mean, the dude invented SPEED BOOTS for cryin out loud, and people can't sit thru a 3 minute dl? How long you think it took to make, and not get paid for it? Sheeesh. Usucc is a perfect name.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Moloko View Post
    I guess they foresaw a situation arising where peeps would come here saying, "my UT3 install is now taking up 20GB of my HDD!!", you get the idea. It's far too low, but I guess Epic were just being cautious. What we could do with now is a mega pack with patch 2.2 included within it, then like with Titan everyone's got the best new maps. Maybe they'll do this after MSU??
    The answer is easy. Just make the setting 1 or 2 GB and provide the config in the UI. If whiners complain about 1 or 2GB in addition to the ~10GB of the game, they can just tell them to change the settings.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    An automatic cache converter is needed. Even if you set you cache sizes larger than the default, the cache contents could get lost when you start the game if it gets reset to default for some reason. If the ini file gets replaced with the default and your 300Gb cache size with 30,000 days before it gets stale, will be deleted and you lose everything in it anyways. Yes, it happened to me. It took several months to happen, but it did.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by plugh View Post
    20GB isn't so much nowadays, large HD's are cheap enough, no excuse.
    True, but people pop up here from time to time asking, why it won't run on their shiny new integrated graphics pc

Leave a comment:

Working...
X