Keybind-Controlling sound+music. How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keybind-Controlling sound+music. How?

Communicating on Vent would be much easier, for others and myself without a crapload of unneeded gunfire, explosions, voice echos and Titan roars in the background. Yet I don't want to sacrifice all the great sounds and music either, so my idea is to bind to a key, turning down or off all sounds and music upon pressing so I can say what I gotta say or listen. Then when I'm done to restore all the sounds and music all I'd have to do is release that key. I know how to set it all up, but I have no frigg'n clue which .ini file contains the controls nor what the command is for music and sound controls. I've already looked for it several times and experimented with no luck, now I need outside help.

Kthnx!!!

Did you look at the "[PC] Keybinding Tutorial" sticky on this thread? That will help you with half of it.

It's UTInput.ini, too.

Dunno about the commands, and I can't search for stuff at the moment...

Comment

I didn't find anything relevant to sound or music in the UTInput.ini once again. >=(

I did however find a few menu options in UTGame.ini, I don't know if it's even possible to change these values in game though. Changing the Current Value didn't take effect either when edited the number before I started UT3. That's not a good sign, but Max value was easy to change and worked at least. Now can and how do I change these settings in the console?

[SFXVolume UTUIDataProvider_MenuOption]
      OptionSet=Audio
      OptionSet=MidGameMenu
      DataStoreMarkup=<OnlinePlayerData:ProfileData.SFXV olume>
      OptionType=UTOT_Slider
      RangeData=(MinValue=0.0,MaxValue=10.0,bIntRange=1, NudgeValue=1.0,CurrentValue=5.0)

[MusicVolume UTUIDataProvider_MenuOption]
      OptionSet=Audio
      OptionSet=MidGameMenu
      DataStoreMarkup=<OnlinePlayerData:ProfileData.Musi cVolume>
      OptionType=UTOT_Slider
      RangeData=(MinValue=0.0,MaxValue=10.0,bIntRange=1, NudgeValue=1.0,CurrentValue=5.0)

[VoiceVolume UTUIDataProvider_MenuOption]
      OptionSet=Audio
      OptionSet=MidGameMenu
      DataStoreMarkup=<OnlinePlayerData:ProfileData.Voic eVolume>
      OptionType=UTOT_Slider

[AmbianceVolume UTUIDataProvider_MenuOption]
      OptionSet=Audio
      OptionSet=MidGameMenu
      DataStoreMarkup=<OnlinePlayerData:ProfileData.Ambi anceVolume>
      OptionType=UTOT_Slider

[AnnouncerVolume UTUIDataProvider_MenuOption]
      OptionSet=Audio
      OptionSet=MidGameMenu
      DataStoreMarkup=<OnlinePlayerData:ProfileData.Anno uncerVolume>
      OptionType=UTOT_Slider

I also found these settings in the UTEngine.ini. Changing these files didn't seem to affect my game.

[Engine.AudioDevice]
      SoundGroups=(GroupName=Ambient,Properties=(Volume= 0.24))
      SoundGroups=(GroupName=Announcer,Properties=(Volum e=1,bAlwaysPlay=1,bNoReverb=FALSE))
      SoundGroups=(GroupName=Briefing,Properties=(Volume =1,bAlwaysPlay=1,bIsUISound=TRUE))
      SoundGroups=(GroupName=Character,Properties=(Volum e=1))
      SoundGroups=(GroupName=Cinematic,Properties=(Volum e=1,bNoReverb=TRUE))
      SoundGroups=(GroupName=CinematicDialog,Properties= (Volume=1))
      SoundGroups=(GroupName=Dialog,Properties=(Volume=1 ),ChildGroupNames=(StoryDialog,CinematicDialog,Tau nts,Briefing))
      SoundGroups=(GroupName=Item,Properties=(Volume=1))
      SoundGroups=(GroupName=Master,Properties=(Volume=1 ),ChildGroupNames=

(SFX,Cinematic,Music,Announcer,VoiceChat,Dialog,Mo vieEffects,MovieVoice,UI))
      SoundGroups=(GroupName=MovieEffects,Properties=(Vo lume=1))
      SoundGroups=(GroupName=MovieVoice,Properties=(Volu me=1))
      SoundGroups=(GroupName=Music,Properties=(Volume=1, bNoReverb=TRUE,bAlwaysPlay=1))
      SoundGroups=(GroupName=SFX,Properties=(Volume=1,bN oReverb=TRUE),ChildGroupNames=(Character,Item,Stin ger,Vehicle,Weapon))
      SoundGroups=(GroupName=Stinger,Properties=(Volume= 1,bNoReverb=TRUE))
      SoundGroups=(GroupName=StoryDialog,Properties=(Vol ume=1))
      SoundGroups=(GroupName=Taunts,Properties=(Volume=1 ))
      SoundGroups=(GroupName=UI,Properties=(Volume=1,bNo Reverb=TRUE,bIsUISound=TRUE))
      SoundGroups=(GroupName=Vehicle,Properties=(Volume= 1))
      SoundGroups=(GroupName=VoiceChat,Properties=(Volum e=1,bNoReverb=TRUE))
      SoundGroups=(GroupName=Weapon,Properties=(Volume=1 ))
      SoundGroupEffects=()
      SoundGroupEffects=(GroupEffect=((GroupName=Weapon, PitchAdjuster=0.4),(GroupName=Ambient,PitchAdjuste r=0.4),

(GroupName=Character,PitchAdjuster=0.4),(GroupName =Item,PitchAdjuster=0.4),(GroupName=Vehicle,PitchA djuster=0.4)))

Comment

Gonna be awhile? Grab a snickers.

Comment

I just used the sliders in the game menu to lower all the game sounds. I still hear everything fine, just not as loud. I also adjusted the volume of my crew in vent one at a time to get them all at the same level. Hey, it doesn't toggle, but it does work. If I need to be able to hear footsteps (DM, TDM) I crank the gamesounds slider in settings between maps. Sure, it ain't perfect. Wah!

Comment

Well it was worth a try. 'Nuff said.

P.S. Wah!

Comment

Now getting vent's voice activated settings to work, that's the real mystery. Although I'm aware it seems to work for other people fine.

Comment

I scummed around looking for an exhaustive listing of UT3 console commands to see if there's anything that might be bound. Such documentation does not seem to exist in any fully complied form. (Epic really could have used one more tech writer for this project. (And one more person to make the SP campaign story less confusing and unfinished....))

Can vent have its volume adjusted by hotkeys or in any way while it's in the background? Because one alternative would be to make a autohotkey script that lowered the system volume by half and doubled vent's volume, and then did the reverse when released.

Comment

Now THAT's some good advice!!! I should've checked that out in the first place. I'll let you know if it's possible or not.

Comment

Working...
                  X