X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Community Bonus Pack 3: Volume 4 IS OUT here is it is flak

Name: Community Bonus Pack 3: Volume 4

Version: 1.0

Compatibility: UT3 for PC (PS3 users keep an eye out over the next couple of weeks for the PS3 versions of both Volumes 3 & 4!

Once again, we hope you enjoy the pack!)

Description: CBP3, or the third Community Bonus Pack, is a high-quality bonus pack for Unreal Tournament 3, with levels created by some of the best UT level designers from around the world. Since CBP1 for Unreal Tournament 2003, the CBP has been known for its professional-quality content that is considered an essential addition to any UT200X install. The team has returned for a third installment that will feature multiple volumes; the fourth volume has now been released.

The pack features 11 new maps (4 DM, 5 DOM, 1 CTF, 1 WAR) and 2 new pickups! It also includes the Domination gametype again (same as Volume 3). Please visit the CBP3 Website for more information.

We hope you have fun and enjoy!

Comments: CBP3 Forums

Screenshots:

Maps
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag. Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag. Click to view the full version

Credits:
    The CBP Team:

Leader & Compilation: Cory 'Spoondog' Spooner

Co-leader & Web Designer: IceCreamYou

Additional Promotion: Daniel 'KaMi' Díaz & Daniel 'Greenloves' Rožanski (promo pics)

Level Designers (vol 4):
    Ben 'evilmrfrank' Burkart
    Daniel 'Greenloves' Rožanski
    Daniel 'KaMi' Díaz
    Mario 'nELsOn' Marquardt
    Oliver 'Raz' G
    Cory 'Spoondog' Spooner

Pickups: Luke 'Ambershee' Parkes-Haskell

Domination: Brian 'Snake' Alexander
    (see UT3Dom website for full credits)

Music & Sounds: zYnthetic

Windows Installer: Haarg

Dedicated Testers (vol 4):
    bnavit
    G.Lecter
    Ignotium

Logo and 2D Assets: Plumb_Drumb

Other Members:
    Desp2/Rog
    DGUnreal
    Drummer
    Hourences
    iWaNN
    JohnnySix
    Kantham
    Legendary_Lee
    Luggage
    Monger
    MozI
    N3oDoc
    Nathillien
    Neoduck
    Noz
    Plutonic
    Saturnfive
    Setheran
    Sjosz
    Sklare
    Strogg
    Tynan
    VorLoN

...and the entire team at Epic for UT3!

Special Thanks:
    Epic Games for UT3

Homepage: http://cbp.beyondunreal.com

Download: http://cbp.beyondunreal.com/download

Nice pack, I already got it, very nice.

Stronghold and Saip pwn, the other maps are good for FFA

Domination is back and is cool.

Nice.

Greetz to Hourences ;-)

Gratz to the community ! UT 3 is alive !

Comment

Carp, I should've taken the day off work! Can't wait to get home now. Thanks!

Comment

nice pack, but the question imo is: there are so many nice maps and especially mutators out there. what for? playing offline? its basically impossible to find a populated server with many new maps or great muts.
        like all these weapon packs, many of them are very fun. shall i play them vs bots all the time? did the ppl make it for playing vs bots? that is an overall problem which pretty much sucks. ofc its not the fault of the mappers and co, but still...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius2 View Post
          nice pack, but the question imo is: there are so many nice maps and especially mutators out there. what for? playing offline? its basically impossible to find a populated server with many new maps or great muts.
          like all these weapon packs, many of them are very fun. shall i play them vs bots all the time? did the ppl make it for playing vs bots? that is an overall problem which pretty much sucks. ofc its not the fault of the mappers and co, but still...
          Well iirc, in Ut2004 official Mega pack they included engine changes related to the patch ,then the patch itself. That's probably the way to do it now(on PC), combine a new 2.2 patch in a new official mega pack, so then everyone has these maps.

Comment

So much for community

Lets be honest the DOM maps do nothing for the majority of the community. People don't play the mod online. So less community more MSUC money?

They look nice, but nothing makes me want to download, the only cbp3 map i play is HongKong and that's for fun. V2 and 3 seem to offer nothing, for me anyway.

Comment

hmmm i dont understand what ya complaint is Cr4zyB4stard. There is DM versions of all the DOM maps in CBP4 and im in love with Kami's new map. That alone makes it worth getting it for

Looking fwd to HOLP maps out of you I might add

[EDIT] As someone who missed DOM when it wasnt released with UT3 im personally very excited about that. CBP seems to be about the only custom content on australian servers so maybe now I wil get the chance to play it online

Comment

C'mon guys, put that negative stuff in the thread about why people are too lazy to stick around when a custom map is voted. This thread is all about the excitement for the new releases! I for one am totally stoked for this. Cheers!

Comment

I'm putting the following maps on Beer Drinkers TDM to try out:

Stronghold
                  Yarith
                  Halcyon

The only problem I see is that these maps are huge. I hope people are willing to wait for the download, these are some fun maps.

Comment

yeah, i've always enjoyed CBP packs since ut2k4, and although i will have to play them offline, there are awesome stuff every server must have!

Comment

Stronghold has an issue. The wall just below the 50 armor you can fall through off the map. The entire wall from the barrell by the shock rifle to the opposite side of the 50 armor.

Removed from server.

Comment

Could you post a pic of where the problem is? I'm just curious cause I haven't been able to find anything like that

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius2 View Post

creating maps and mods is almost as much fun as playing them. I dont know CBPs reason behind continuing to keep putting out projects but I have done it because I have a group of friends that wanted to play a certain way other than stock. There really is no end to what you can do with the editor or uscript and you truly can play UT3 however you want.

Then there is the creativity aspect. It feels good to create stuff that looks kick ***. I'm guessing that is the main reason CBP keeps making new stuff...

Comment

yerh i found that too evilmrfrank. It was on an outer edge. You jump across the gap facing towards the outside and fall straight thru. Looks lovely though
                            [EDIT] While theres devs around ive got a question.. Does the team have any plans to release future packs for UT3 now that its looking like its going to be staying as the current generation for a while?
                            [EDIT2] Try and do the manouver in yellow [shot]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh82/FragTastic1/TechProbs/strongholdflaw.jpg[/shot] and this is the result [shot]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh82/FragTastic1/TechProbs/strongholdflaw2.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Originally posted by evilmrfrank View Post
                              Could you post a pic of where the problem is? I'm just curious cause I haven't been able to find anything like that
                              Sometimes when I try to double-jump-walldodge from where I am right to left, to get the 50, I fall through the map. A single or double jump up anywhere within the yellow lines will get you outside the map as well.

[shot]http://www.fototime.com/DDC00956504B7E3/standard.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Working...
                              X