Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for Epic employees or any studio employees.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    i would bet like any other industry... sometimes age works in your favor and sometimes it can work against you. since its usually illegal to ask a job applicant how old they are, if you are looking to get into some kind of entertainment area just make yourself look younger if you think you need to (dye hair, dress younger, etc.) but if youi are behind the scenes person and don't necessarily need your finger on the pulse of teens and 20somethings then it might not matter at all on the otherhand, some of the most influential style makers are seniors or close to it...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    He takes botox and colors his hair.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol... you took that serious?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Really? He didn't look that old.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    WarTourist was 65, that's why he retired from Epic.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by musilowski View Post
    Who's the oldest employee in the Epic crew?
    You know, I don't really know how old anyone is. There are a few that appear to be over 50, but it's anyone's guess.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In not too many years, the original gamers will all be seniors anyway, and the cycle will continue and it will become more common for game companies to employ older people. Think of all the experience older gamers have over the young talent.. There are always areas where that can be utilized, and I think that companies that clue into that will have certain advantages. Hiring only fresh faced fresh-out-of-game-schoolers is a surefire way to lead to homogenization and lack of innovation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    50 is no age concidering you can work till your 70! Think of it like this, Im 28 and in 30 years i'll be 58! Personally, I think if you keep upto date with technology and know how to train your memory and logical skills, its only your body that gets old and your mind can stay young Perfect example, how many men at any age don't like the 22 year old hotties on page 3?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well all the guys I knew/played against who didnt even put in remotely close to 10% of the time you did in the armed forces are some of the most l33t uber pr0s you can find.

You can most definitely put your military knowledge to great use as far as map design is concerned, heck you can probably whoop all these young pups with supposidely quicker reaction times too by having a superior strategy.

You'd know how to design maps with good choke points, strong/weak side balance, places for strategic ambush, **** you tell me about it

If you also got artistic talent on top of all that, I really don't know what the **** you waiting for.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Who's the oldest employee in the Epic crew?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Talent doesn't have an age limit. If you have what it takes, age will not be a limitation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    interesting question

Leave a comment:

• Question for Epic employees or any studio employees.

Hello!

A quick question-

I just recently retired from the armed forces after 30 years of service. While I was in, I was offered the opportunity to train in various 3D programs and all versions of the Unreal editor. After mastering these programs I used them to recreate virtual environments for training, education, etc.

I started as a tradional artist and have been used to create concept art for certain projects.

Now, I have not considered looking for a Job yet, not sure if I want to give up the simple life already! I just play around and create maps for the PS3 as a hobby.

To the question (sorry I did not get right to it, I figured a little history might be relevant to get the full effect):

I just turned 50 years old. When I think of video games studios, I picture young pups. Not the old guys. So, that is the question==is 50 too old to get into the game industry (Not Epic, just studios in genreal).

Thanks for any advice in advance.
Working...
X