Why is this game so unpopular?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dave neun View Post
    done in a way that doesn't anger the people whom have already paid the money for the full game.
    Whoever paid, did so because it was worth that much to them to have the game at that time. So they got what they paid for; the game at that time. If the game now becomes free, they still have what they paid for. It is natural for things to drop in price. You don't see me complaining that I paid 45 euros more than what the game is being sold for now. It was worth 50 euros to get the game while it was still 2007.

Not that I'll be pre-ordering the sequel, assuming there will even be one. Epic will need more to convince me that it is worth my money than the public beta test they called "demo" in 2007.

Comment

Yeah, I'm with the guys who say that they should have waited another few months before releasing the game. As it came out, it was practically unfinished -- even on PS3! It needed a series of patches and a titan pack to get this thing really solid. But at this time now that the game is truly finished, people already seem to have lost interest.

Comment

Love this game. Everyone always mentions the same things, some I agree with, some not so much. Summarized, pcs couldn't run it (but as stated by UG now they can), no advertising/marketing to speak of, no beginers area like WHwk, where you must start there and are only released to the general population when you reach a certain skill level, poor/broken voice, no anti-cheat, and the UI was a severe step backwards, lacking basic features that players took for granted. Also, the industry trend has been for all the games to be released at once, and this has been hurting ALL of them. They are just starting to realize it, but are unsure how to divide the times fairly. I think the best thing would be a rerelease at a random date (not xmas or something) including the Titan and MSU stuff. And advertise it. (Of course, noob joins, gets spanked and mocked, noob leaves, but that's an entirely different thread....) I love this game, I am drawn to the endless variety, and even though I'm not leet, every now and then I get to shoot someone in the face with a new gun or something. And walk over to look at some weird thing I just killed. Wah!

Comment

Originally posted by UnrealGrrl View Post
          oh please they can not and should not and will not make the game free. (we dont need or want UT "live" either) that would not help anything. it's available inexpensively to gamers and everyones mother has a pc capable of running it now... it's just tough to sell an already released "old" game while theres lots of new stuff being released all the time. also it'd be impossible to sell it or give it away with any great results without repackaging and relaunching it with a big ad campaign, and promotions. something also not likely to happen now...
          It's true that everyone can run UT99 now and that it's almost free or can be easily pirated. However--the benefit of a UT Live is not that it would be free. Rather, the benefit is that it would get free publicity and that publicity would introduce new people to the game and to the series. It could be used to either help sell a UT4 (as free publicity for the series right before a UT4 release) or as a small profit stream for Epic if they could figure out how to make it profitable (advertising).

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
            Whoever paid, did so because it was worth that much to them to have the game at that time. So they got what they paid for; the game at that time. If the game now becomes free, they still have what they paid for. It is natural for things to drop in price. You don't see me complaining that I paid 45 euros more than what the game is being sold for now. It was worth 50 euros to get the game while it was still 2007.

Not that I'll be pre-ordering the sequel, assuming there will even be one. Epic will need more to convince me that it is worth my money than the public beta test they called "demo" in 2007.
            yup I paid $64.17 usd opening day, I'm not complaining either, I would be happy about it personally because I know without a doubt it would bring crowds of players. But it wouldn't be so far fetched for someone who bought it the day/week before a free release would complain or demand a refund etc. again though I doubt this would happen anyways.

Comment

Working...
            X