No announcement yet.

Why is this game so unpopular?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic, just listen to the community and bring the game back to to pc and give us a fantastic new UT4 (2020). Do what you did with UT99 and UT2004...and give the community a new UT build for pc and not only for consoles.

The community feels left alone with an unfinished game. That why (like me) they quit playing this game.

Comment

wait.. you want UT4, but in 2020? do you think you're even gonna care 11 years from now?

Comment

I don't know about that bloke, but I come and go with FPSs and if I came back to them at any point the first thing I'd check would be the most recent unreal or known unreal-successor ^_^.

Next time I think I wanna hit the ground running with mapping instead of not even buying the game for two years though. But I'll have to be in a much better position in a lot of ways to do that ^_^.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
          wait.. you want UT4, but in 2020? do you think you're even gonna care 11 years from now?
          Riddle me this: Did you or did you not care about Unreal Tournament 10 years ago?

That's what I thought

Comment

I think the real question is "does Epic care?"... because Mark Rein's "we love all our children equally" seems a pretty hollow statement by now. "The studio that brought you Gears of War" seems to avoid the UT franchise like the plague now. Sure, we got the Titan Pack, but that mostly contained bug fixes and leftover stuff that didn't make the 2007 release. It addressed none of the core problems that pushed the game into the niche it is in now. It wasn't always considered a niche game... I think "back to the roots" in this case is just a euphemism for "failing to evolve with the gaming audience".

Comment

if you combine this thread and the skateboard thread you get........

[shot]http://i27.tinypic.com/ety5ag.jpg[/shot]

Comment

I'd say enough with this thread.Lets focus on threads that will help the game somehow.Or threads made by shinobi .

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy
                  You're not gonna bring back anyone who doesn't want to come back, obviously.
                  Bersy, it's not obvious at all. It doesn't make much sense to handpick the ones that should be catered for AND then say that others aren't important. It's not up to us to decide, or talk about their reasons. We should ask or quote them

Comment

Originally posted by gwenthar View Post
                    if you combine this thread and the skateboard thread you get........

[shot]http://i27.tinypic.com/ety5ag.jpg[/shot]
                    rofl... what a good laugh

Comment

Originally posted by Benfica View Post
                      It doesn't make much sense to handpick the ones that should be catered for AND then say that others aren't important.
                      ...which is why I feel that, by this time, Epic should not listen to the community. All that are left are the diehard fanboys. A game made for them would not appeal to the masses, would not breathe new life into the franchise and would only continue the downward spiral. "Going back to the roots" with UT3 has accomplished precisely this.

The choice that should have been made was not between UT99 and UT2004 movement... but between a hardcore game and a successful game.

Comment

"Consoles will pretty much define what the next five years of games look like on the PC","
                        thats so sad is retarded...is like "ps3 is holding back xbox graphics because ps3 graphics sucks" (not that i give a care but since 90% of kids those days only watch at graphics and not gameplay)

Comment

Multi-platform games have to be made for the lowest common denominator. However, that only affects graphics and not gameplay, and graphics is not where UT3 failed.

Comment

Originally posted by 3leggedFreak View Post
                            Might sound odd, but I actually believe it too.
                            I wish they would hire me! I too could "singlehandedly" save the franchise by pointing them in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Moloko View Post
                              When you know how much fantastic work goes into producing these games, all the glib, offhand comments from members , most of whom couldn't even navigate in a viewport, must make Epic's blood boil. The truth is, us lot speculating isn't really doing any good. Even the OP's thread title looks deliberately provocative, surprised they've let it run this far tbh, as it probably should have been closed already.
                              If they close it, a new one would spring up within a week or two and then everyone could rehash what they said in this thread. In fact, this thread is probably the 100th thread about this very subject.

Comment

Some days ago a guy told me that the main reason why this game was so unpopular was because it requires a rly good computer to be played online in a competitive way.

Is it so hard to get a new mode, ini config or smth to reduce at maximum details and textures? I just tryed and did a lot of fps improvements on ini's for some friends to be able to play but I have like 100 more that wanted to reach a minimum of 60 stable fps and cant.

This is something I ask myself since the game came out. I bought a new pc and now it feels like a waste of money to me cuz noone plays or will play this game in a competitive way again. I know alot of guys that feel the same way and others that wanted to try it out but playing with 50 fps is just hard since they're used to play with 100+.

To me it is the full answer for a question that had been made since the game came out. Cod4 is a game that requires a good pc but with everything low can be played on a p4 3.0 with a 8600gt or smth, ut3 is unplayable.

Comment

Working...
                                X