Why is this game so unpopular?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is this game so unpopular?

I have just bought the collectors edition for PC £5 and I am absolutely loving it.
    Playing it at 1920x1200 with all options highest, it is so addicting and fluid.
    I was put off for a long time because no one mentioned it but it's a pity the servers are empty.
    I could only imagine how gears of war 2 would look on PC!!!!

Please, don't beat the undead horse. Just go back and read few of the thousand threads.

Comment

Here's a good thread on it:

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/index.php?

Comment

was your machine able to handle this game when it released?
        were you a fan of the either unreal franchise before this game?
        do my questions really help?

i for one heart his game. but too many other distractions kept alot of other people from giving his game the chance it deserved. which coincidentally, doesn't keep me from playing at least a couple matches online a day, time allowing.

welcome to an interesting group of players and people. hope you'll be staying.
        check out all the user made content. i sould go look and see if any other shooters have as much custom stuff. but i've got all i need right here...well, maybe a bit of the 2k4 action, for some ballistic weapons, but that's all for another time and place.

when you find me, shoot me. repeat if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Barso
          I have just bought the collectors edition for PC £5 and I am absolutely loving it.
          Playing it at 1920x1200 with all options highest, it is so addicting and fluid.
          I was put off for a long time because no one mentioned it but it's a pity the servers are empty.
          I could only imagine how gears of war 2 would look on PC!!!!
          There are always enough players in Europe But I was disapointed like you, until I found out that I'm only able to play on one server at a time

Comment

it's like stepping in a time machine every 2 weeks the same topic

Comment

Originally posted by gwenthar View Post
              it's like stepping in a time machine every 2 weeks the same topic
              but that means we are growing!!! WOOO 1 New person every 2 weeks, pretty soon we will be bigger than Maple Story!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldskool0482 View Post
                but that means we are growing!!! Wooo 1 new person every 2 weeks, pretty soon we will be bigger than maple story!!!!!
                lol..............

Comment

heres the breakdown of 2 kinds of people in UT series:

1. people that like UT99 only (movement, hitboxes, etc)

2. people that like ut2004 only (movement, hitboxes, etc)

group 1 and group 2 dont mix...well guess what...UT3 is a mix of group 1 (UT99) and group 2 (UT2004).

ut3 movement is halfway point between 99 and 2004...theres double jump, and theres no dodge jump. ut99 players are crying that ut3 has double jump...So, since the double jump distance is soooo small...might aswell make it a single jump with the same height. ut99 players will stop crying, and everyone else will not hurt from it because they can still jump as high. etc, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
                    So, since the double jump distance is soooo small...might aswell make it a single jump with the same height. ut99 players will stop crying, and everyone else will not hurt from it because they can still jump as high. etc, etc.
                    I endorse this.

Also, perhaps Barso is Bersy's evil twin.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
                      Also, perhaps Barso is Bersy's evil twin.
                      Bersy is the evil one actually

Comment

I've seen a lot of new people on the servers recently... because of my internet problems i have been spectating for over 20 days and looking at how new people move, shoot... etc.

when they fail most of them quit playing for good... it would be nice to put a few more "Loading movies"... Like putting "You can dodge by double tapping your movement keys" while loading the map and then people will understand how to do the wall dodge in the other "Loading movie"... most of new players just bunny hop around the map and some of them have been playing for months and still don't dodge or don't know how to.

Also explaining how to take advantage of the AVRiL like "You can lock your missiles on your targets after shooting to get a better result" or something similar... most people lock their targets then shoot which results in shooting walls instead of the targets.

Stuff like that can help newcomers.

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
                          might aswell make it a single jump with the same height. ut99 players will stop crying, and everyone else will not hurt from it because they can still jump as high. etc, etc.
                          That would screw up my wall dodge, don't even think about it!

Comment

Game is rather popular at LANs now since 2.0
                            Removing the limits of downloading speed when on LAN did wonders for custom maps.

I still blame the crappy overcomplicated uninspiring online system of UT3 though...
                            I actually like the game itself, there's just always something that goes wrong when going online to such a degree that's it's nearly impossible to fix...
                            Game is just inaccesable

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
                              Game is rather popular at LANs now since 2.0
                              Removing the limits of downloading speed when on LAN did wonders for custom maps.

I still blame the crappy overcomplicated uninspiring online system of UT3 though...
                              I actually like the game itself, there's just always something that goes wrong when going online to such a degree that's it's nearly impossible to fix...
                              Game is just inaccesable
                              In short, Gamespy did a lot of damage to the game. Epic made a lot of mistakes too and took too long to do anything about them. In the beginning, they had poor communication and players didn't know if there were fixes coming or not. You can't build a player base keeping players out of the loop.

Comment

Working...
                              X