Had fun games(even customs) at pub clan's US Warfare Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had fun games(even customs) at pub clan's US Warfare Server

Yesterday evening we had some fun games on the pub Warfare server in Chicago. We even had a full 12v12 custom map Valley.
    [shot]http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/0c16e14cc1bc5d45e15da050c469d0ac47da8782.png[/shot]

[shot]http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/5bcebdf14066239befaf5871acd782262230a1e0.png[/shot]

Please note that the next Fragged Nation Warfare ladder and the Organized Chaos NA vs. EU will feature custom maps, so get some practice in public servers!

Thanks to ChiefThunderNut for helping the server get going in the evening by playing a 1v1 on Market District.

PUB Clan has rebuilt and started their US Public WAR UT3 Warfare server to add to the successful London Server.

The server runs on a dedicated box so server CPU lag should be much lesser than many servers out there when full. The Orb Fix has been applied so that the orb is always shown on the minimap.

Maps: Added War-Valley and will be adding Crossfire and slowly other custom maps as per requests.

Details: Pub UT3 Public Warfare - Chicago -
    IP: 72.51.60.51:7777

Also, drop by our US TAM/BTA and London Warfare server for fun games.

www.pubgamingclan.com

Edit: Server now has hitsounds, spectate from playing ingame(type 'mutate spectate' in console), and team shuffling(GOW Justice) based on ELO. Game on!

You're lucky I wasnt in that match or it wouldn't have been so fun. :P

Comment

That's because you hax infra ;p

But im still more awesome \o/

ontopic, yay for Valley Still surprises me how many downloads it gets and has had

Comment

Yeah Blue definitely some good games on the PUB server as of late. Less lag than Epic servers indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post

ontopic, yay for Valley Still surprises me how many downloads it gets and has had
          *insert whine for a LE edition of the map with some rough edges fixed*

And thanks Salsa, we had a good Floodgate round with nice orb carrying.

Comment

I was on there for a few games. Good times indeed.

Comment

i am amazed by these freakin guiding arrows lawl. first thing i turned off.

ohwait it even gets better,there is a guy healing the core. thumps up for the screen

Comment

Lol, nice catch! And why haven't you turned off the arrows Blue?

Comment

I had weapons and arrows off at first, then had a crash and after that couldn't be bothered to do it, they don't bother me that much. And yes, our team was trying to get our core to 200 points!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius2 View Post
                    i am amazed by these freakin guiding arrows lawl. first thing i turned off.

ohwait it even gets better,there is a guy healing the core. thumps up for the screen
                    I didn't notice the guy healing the core until I read your post. Lol
                    And Guiding arrows Rule!...no
                    but really, I really haven't turned them off since they don't really bother me.

- Yay! About time I'm able to post

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius2 View Post

I must be the only guy that cant heal the core ffs .Epic fix this plskthnxx.

Comment

Last night was fun too. Had a full server on custom maps like Subway which most people seem to find fun. Enabled Kick Voting and Idle kick. Any other changes requested, please let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCloud View Post
                          Last night was fun too. Had a full server on custom maps like Subway which most people seem to find fun. Enabled Kick Voting and Idle kick. Any other changes requested, please let me know.
                          I'm on the fence with Subway. Not sure if it's the map but good god does it take forever to load, and then it takes another forever to start a new round. The shades are a bit spammy because it's so enclosed.

But all of that is made up when you hang out around the center node watching people get run over by the trains.

Comment

Yeah, your server has been rockin for a bit now, often I can't get in! GGs all around!

Comment

Originally posted by commiecat View Post
                              I'm on the fence with Subway. Not sure if it's the map but good god does it take forever to load, and then it takes another forever to start a new round. The shades are a bit spammy because it's so enclosed.

But all of that is made up when you hang out around the center node watching people get run over by the trains.
                              All new maps take forever to load only the first time, because shaders need to be cached etc. If you use a cache converter or download the map, from the second time you play, it should load like normal maps. It seems to load fine for me, and I haven't heard people complain except if it's the first time.

About Subway, you bring up good points and I agree. My main criteria right now is to get the community used to custom maps slowly, and having maps that don't empty the server on getting voted. Subway fits the bill for now. There are people who like it a lot, people who are okay with it, people who don't like it and people who outright leave. Can't satisfy everyone, but just trying to introduce the community to custom maps without losing too many players who can't wait for downloads etc.

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
                              Yeah, your server has been rockin for a bit now, often I can't get in! GGs all around!
                              I could increase the slots but already 24 seems high and we don't want more spam, spawn killing and lag(Epic please try fixing the server cpu hogging issue ).

Or, Demon, give me a heads up from spec, we can always kick commiecat to make a slot for you

Comment

Working...
                              X