Is it time for another FREE WEEKEND......or a FREE WEEK! LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it time for another FREE WEEKEND......or a FREE WEEK! LOL

I've noticed that the population of ut3 has went from 700-475 for its peak online numbers during each day. I saw a major drop when epic made the announcement that ut was going to shelved for a good while. Since that time, I saw the online numbers fall from 600 to 475. There has been a decline in online play in the eu servers as well as the US. I am thinking since there is less vets playing now, it would be a good time to let in more noobs. Maybe they won't get mascred by old vets, since few are playing.........and might build up the little community again.............lol.........if we continue with the current rate, the online numbers could get down to 300 or less and all servers might have bots playing on them

I don't know if this game still sells (I've already bought my 3 copies :P), but if it doesn't, releasing it for free would certainly add value for those of us who bought it, as well as popularizing the franchise. And if it ain't selling anyways, there's no financial loss.

Comment

They should just allow a 2 week trial on Steam or something. Get people hooked and then ask them to pay for it if they want to continue.

Comment

Player numbers down? Nope....still can find a fully populated server across gametypes every day.

(But I know what you mean).

Comment

give it up MTV the game is dead, they are not gonna make it free, if they was to do something like that it would be UT99 that would be free not ut3. The vets are starting to leave for other games realizing the game is dieing, and probably getting bored of it. I pretty much have stopped playing completely mostly because of boredom while playing, other than here or there when Empty is playing and he needs help or he is bored and no one else is on.

They won't make it free there is no point in asking. Free weekend maybe, but the last one they did there was so little of a turnout from the free customers, it was mostly people who own the game legitly playing that weekend. And the people who did play for free, probably got frustrated and left.

Comment

Yes it's definetely time to add new people, we need to have fun! People are leaving because of lack of players, so this lack increases evey day. Is this an intelligent behaviour? NO it's not! The game is not dead!
            More steam weekends--->more players--->more fun--->less people who leave---> more players---> more fun--->less people who leave--->... and so on!

Comment

Must keep this game alive even if they don't make another one....... [for years]

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskool0482 View Post
                give it up MTV the game is dead, they are not gonna make it free, if they was to do something like that it would be UT99 that would be free not ut3. The vets are starting to leave for other games realizing the game is dieing, and probably getting bored of it. I pretty much have stopped playing completely mostly because of boredom while playing, other than here or there when Empty is playing and he needs help or he is bored and no one else is on.
                Sums up perfectly why Epic is not interested in making a new UT.

Comment

All the free weekends did was boost the player numbers considerably, for that weekend.. A few people then paid up, and would linger around for a few days afterwards, then they too would scuttle off back to the safety of their World of Warcraft brood or whatever.

Sure Epic could do it again. But its done little good in the past, what makes you think it would be any different now?

Pop™

Comment

Originally posted by Masaai_Warrior View Post
                    Sums up perfectly why Epic is not interested in making a new UT.
                    The Series is not dead IMO, UT3 as a game is though. The next installment can be a big hit but they have to give us a complete game, UT3 is UT2k3, and we don't get a UT2k4, we just got a patch add on. I understand they had to hurry the game and it is what it is, but if they can make a complete UT like they did with UT99 or UT2k4, people will come back, they just have to not rush it.

Comment

Why? isn't the game complete now? A lot of gametypes, a lot of maps , a lot of vehicles, and this only from official game.. then add hundreds of mods and you'll find a game that's far more than complete. Still a bit bugged, but complete. Anyway, UT3 sold a lot because of steam weekends, and even if it didn't sell it would always be good fun to play while there are thousands of weekend players. I prefer a game that i can play well on weekend and bad the other days that a game that i can only play bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskool0482 View Post
                        give it up MTV the

LOL oldy! ...... hey the free weekend did do alot of good..........most of the VCTF players on epic server who are regulars now came from that weekend......without that weekend, those servers could be completely empty now

i think it would be good because these new ppl would not run into many regular players like when the titan pack was released, since many of those regulars have jump to other games

this might make them stay longer, if they are not getting raped by veterans. This may build a second wave of veteran players, keeping the game alive longer......it wouldn't hurt

I say make it a free week or month though

Comment

bugga free weekends, a new demo, one or two maps for each and every gametype and two server types. #1 for the demo players a "n00b" server where they can play only other demo players. #2 servers where demo and full version peeps can join to play these demo maps only.
                          While theyre doing the new demo include a lot of promo about titan pack, $12-$20 price tag, and info about how to access the hundreds of custom maps, mods and gametypes available.
                          If you go to filefront and check out downloads of demos UT3 against the highly lauded BSK which was released at around the same time, you will find that about 10x as many peeps have downloaded the UT3 demo and there is still herds of them downloading it every week, yet we get few new players. Maybe they should be looking at converting a higher percentage of the thousands of demo versions that get downloaded every week....... A beta demo I might add

You can be sure that epic have to fork out $$$$ for that sort of promo coverage on steam. New demo = one off cost and then they reap the rewards EVERY week.

Just my 2 cents

Comment

How about bundling it with graphics cards or gaming laptops?

Comment

Originally posted by Benfica View Post
                              How about bundling it with graphics cards or gaming laptops?
                              lol, lets stick to an idea that they will do lol..........free weekend or free week or free month hehe!!

Comment

Working...
                              X