This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 is a major LUCK game

Well, probably many won't agree on this because .... their eyes are sewn shut ... but what do I care ?

Have you ever wondered why a player whom you can beat at ZERO in a duel can win a deathmatch against you .... with some other 3-4 players ? I did ...

Have you ever wondered why every begginer/intermediate or even high end player ... uses the RL spam like it's some kind of a god made weapon ? I did ...

Well after trying to figure out what the hell is happening with this game I've come to a major, tragic ... but realistic conclusion .... UT3 is a major luck game. PERIOD !

Why do you ask ..... well my perfect shock combo amigo ....

When you turn at your left for a half a second and then .... from the opposite directions suddenly 3 players appear that start spaming you RL's ... well ... something is wrong ... and it's not bad skill. Ohh ... and this hasn't happend once or twice ... no no no .... it's on the order of the day.

The bio goo .... ooh yes ... another wonderfull spamming device ... ever wondered why a player, that notices he can't do **** against you in a duel, starts using the bio goo ?

The shock combo ... my favourite ... I use this **** all the time because I like doing things the hard way .... but .... how the hell should I accept the fact that the combo does ZERO DAMAGE when it explodes 1 meter away from the target ??? ZERO DAMAGE for hell's sake !!! And other times at 2 meters it does .... 70 damage .... well this is a fine **** shoot. I would like someone to explain to me HOW the hell did they implement this **** ?

I've tried all this time to find tactics and to analyse good players just to see the moves and the thinking behind those moves .... just to find out .... IT DOESN'T MATTER !!!

When you hit someone with 2 rockets, IN THE FACE, and you do ... 20 damage !!! This is beyond irony ... it's just funny ...

And the examples could flow for eternity ... but I'm not in the mood for it.
    The bottom line is ... it's doesn't matter how good you are ... when some schmuck comes along spamming rockets, firing in all directions even though he doesn't know where you are .... this is the real thing boys .... grab those RL's and start spamming ... get those shock rifles and start spamming ... get those bio goos and .... yes ... start spamming .... no skill, no brain work, no headaches !

Epic gave us a game that is more close to POKER than a skillfull game ... but then, life is absurd and without meaning ... a series of uncontrolled absurd events governed by the allmighty LUCK ... so UT3 fits perfectlly.

Or maybe ... it's just my bad luck ...

some may call it... incompetence?

well one things is that bio rifle is one of the most dangerous weapons in some situations and u either accept it or not (use it for your own advantage or disadvantage but that goes actually for all your arguments, even duel players use it for defending after respawn as long there is nothing better to grab). beating a player vs 0 doesnt mean a lot: is it 20-0 (timelimit?, fraglimit?, map knowledge?) or 2-0 after 60 minutes? having map control and therefore especially shield control can make it easy for an experienced duel player to dominate s.o. but this control is not that easy to gain on a dm/tdm server or even close to impossible on a crowded server with lots of ppl. so u will die cause of stupid stuff. that has been the case in unreal, ut, ut2kx and its the same in ut3... so in the end: upload your demos to back up your arguments or is just some phantom discussion as usually.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchGabriell View Post

Epic gave us a game that is more close to POKER than a skillfull game ...
      Poker is skilless?

Oh right, just like UT3 good one

While you're venting your anger, skill does matter in this game and when you play someone with that skill the majority of the time they will come out on top. Ignoring the mindless stinger spam, over powered enforcers and magnetic goo ofcourse.

Oh and usually if you aren't doing damage, that means you didn't hit them.

Comment

Originally posted by Blutwurst View Post
        some may call it... incompetence?
        I won't lower myself to your level to answer to your remark ... anyway ... you can test my .... 'incompetence' in a duel match.

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
          While you're venting your anger.
          Oh no ... it's not anger ... your psychological skills are not your strong point I suppose. Everything I've said in my post is TESTED ... so I have a good grip on the situation.

Comment

Ok, obviously i was in the wrong. It's not anger it's stubbornness.

So tested, so very well tested, that in fact you apparently forgot what you had a grip on, because it defiantly wasn't the situation where you kept dying.

Comment

(Almost) every game requires luck. If you are for pure skill, chess is your game
              But if you play Bridge, you ran a marathon or you grab UT3 -- luck is a component which will follow you like a nightmare (or a blessing) ...
              But saying that luck is the only component is an overstatement. Granted, you will sometimes fail miserably, but if you are a good player you will end up on top more time than not.

I consider myself a mid-skilled vCTF player. I know people which I can kill easily, I know others which are **** hard to at least harm. And this is repetitive, so it cannot be pure-luck-dirven.

Comment

perhaps its "IT doesnt matter" from n. carr? does IT matter for UT 3?

another one who thinks duel skills are a legitimation to dominate every other mod but u miss the point that there are more than 2 players in the game and u cannot control them nor the items. even more then i found out(i was one by myself for a long time) that duel players are the ones with the worst ego from all and they dont have the nerves to play other mods cause they die of some lame bio goo **** by a nobody and thats sth that does not fit in their world view. personally i dont like the bio rifle, too, but in overall they did hit the balance very good in ut 3.

Comment

Hmmm. Sounds like someone got rocket-slapped by a novice player... Suck it up, big man!

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
                    Poker is skilless?

Oh right, just like UT3 good one

While you're venting your anger, skill does matter in this game and when you play someone with that skill the majority of the time they will come out on top. Ignoring the mindless stinger spam, over powered enforcers and magnetic goo of course.
                    lolol. QFT.

Comment

Any game incorporates at least a small amount of luck. Even chess, where your opponent wont necessarily spot a potential flaw in your defence. Perhaps that's just something for us "casual" chess players

Have you ever wondered why a player whom you can beat at ZERO in a duel can win a deathmatch against you .... with some other 3-4 players ? I did ...
                      Strategy changes completely between duel and DM with more than two players. Duel is more about controlling pickups. Your opponent can only frag you, and you can only frag them. In DM with more players, there is more of a rush to get frags, since the other players can kill eachother and increase their score without ever seeing you. Even if you play against newbie players, they may well win because you stayed back while they charged into battle

Have you ever wondered why every begginer/intermediate or even high end player ... uses the RL spam like it's some kind of a god made weapon ?
                      New players will tend to favor weapons like flak, rockets and stinger because they are easier to aim and more likely to hit, with a wider spread or splash damage. It takes practice to be more effective while aiming and moving with the shock and sniper. A skilled player will use all of the weapons effectively. Slow projectile weapons (rockets, bio, flak shell) are more about fast prediction, where your opponent will move or land; this takes practice too. The learning curve for the shock and sniper weapons is just steeper... but shorter in a way.

Epic gave us a game that is more close to POKER than a skillfull game
                      I'd hardly call poker and unskillful game either

Or maybe ... it's just my bad luck ...
                      Or... maybe you just need to chill and find a server with a decent ping, and people of a similar skill level. Or better players who you can learn from

Comment

Epic gave us a game that is more close to POKER than a skillfull game
                        Dude... You shouldn't have said this, you'll eat it plenty of times in this thread xD

But I see your point. You don't have much poker experience, so your wins/losses depend on luck. Then along comes a UT3 comparison

Comment

UT3 instagib pure luck lololololol, making shock combo's while moving in mid air pure luck lolololol, making eagle eye's on raptor's in warfare pure luck lololololol.

Comment

UT3 is a skilled based game where luck plays a big part. Luck is just where skill meets opportunity. Play higher skilled players, the good duelers don't spam goo. They will rape you with rockets, but nothing spammy. It sounds like you are complaining about playing a match without skill against players who have no skill.... But anyways, I enjoyed your soliloquy.

Ps. -In before the lock!-

Comment

Originally posted by Infra` View Post
                              Ps. -In before the lock!-
                              In before the lock? You insane, dude? If they're gonna lock this thread, we should gtfo before they lock us in.

Comment

Working...
                              X