Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$250 cash UT3 tournament, come out and play!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$250 cash UT3 tournament, come out and play!

Hey guys its here!!!

FraggedNation's "Big Cash for Kickin Ash Tournament Weekends!!"

Friday 8/28 at 8pm EST until Sunday 8/30 11:59pm EST.

Fragged Nation is sponsoring a CASH prize tournament for UT3. What kind of Big Cash you ask? FraggedNation is donating $250.00 to the purse. There will be a $5 buy-in per player that will increase to $7 per player after a certain date (see below). In addition, the FraggedNation overhead fee is being reduced to only 5% of the total buy-ins! This all means that, for example, if 20 players ($5 x 20 = $100 - 5% = $95 + $250 |FN| purse donation) sign up, the purse will be $345! And it can only go higher... so spread the word!

The payout structure for 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be as follows: 1st place = 50% of the purse. 2nd place = 30% of the purse, 3rd place 20% of the purse.

These threads and there poll will run for 10 days, ending on Saturday 8/15. Tournament registration will then run from Saturday 8/15 to Friday 8/21 at $5 per player. From Saturday 8/22 until 3pm EST Friday 8/28 registration will cost $7 per player. Tournament matches will begin Friday 8/28 at 8pm EST, and run until Sunday 8/30 11:59pm EST.

Voting is up right now for the gametype and number of players, go cast your vote!

http://www.fraggednation.com/forum/t...kin-Ash-T-9243

http://www.fraggednation.com/forum.php?action=showPosts&topicID=9259

The full details are available on FraggedNation, any questions post in the corresponding threads on FraggedNation, or here and I'll try and help you out. It is time for all you gamers to show off your pwnage skills with real cash on the table, come get your frag on!

Good Job Salsa

OK UT3 Peeps post

Comment

I will post an announcement about this on my Steam community.

Comment

Come on people...... lets do this....

There are tons of talented gamers out there and I am sure some cold hard cash for the taking is up your alley.

Comment

I'd contact Beyond Unreal and see if you can get them to make a news post. That would definitely spark interest.

Comment

cool, thanks.....

Lets get this community rocking again and get some people some cash

Comment

Great guys thanks for the support! We have over 25 votes so far for the tournament team size and gametypes and its only the first day, go chime in and get your team together!

Comment

is this in europe or north america? or both?

ill def try it out if there are no vehicles and if its in NA

Comment

It's in NA. I also hope vehicles aren't involved, but go vote so you can be heard!

Comment

No 1v1? Bah...

And it looks like vehicles are winning. That's no fun at all.

Comment

bad weekend.... I will be in the bahamas otherwise I'd be on a WAR team with GOW or a ringer for VCTF.... maybe next time...

Comment

Hey guys thanks for the input, I'll try and clarify a few things:

The tourney will be based in N America, however we will be more than happy to work with European based teams. We don't have the match-specific servers set up yet, but it will most likely be one game on a NA server, one game on a Euro server.

As far as number of players and the gametypes, it will be all voteable so majority will rule. Only exception is that there will not be an option for 1v1. Many reasons but the main being that the head admins of FN want this to be a community event, and good team fragfest likely will draw more people than 1v1.

Of course there are 1v1 ladders available on FN for competition right now, the 1v1 duel season was a huge success and had over 40 participants this season. You can also make money in 1v1 using the FN "Prove-It" system, where you bet on your strongest map/gametype.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt_SalsaMan View Post
                          Of course there are 1v1 ladders available on FN for competition right now, the 1v1 duel season was a huge success and had over 40 participants this season.

slightly off topic..but didnt the season end? did a new season start without them sending me an email? i wanna play some 1v1 ladders

Comment

what gametype?

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
                              slightly off topic..but didnt the season end? did a new season start without them sending me an email? i wanna play some 1v1 ladders
                              Season 1 is in the playoff stages at the moment. Season 2 will start September 1 and we will send out invites soon. Also, there is a prize for Season 2 ladder, stay tuned! But in meantime, this cash tournament event looks good.

Comment

Working...
                              X