Unreal Tournament 3 North American Steam Community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Tournament 3 North American Steam Community

For a while now, I've wanted to work on some sort of community project for Unreal Tournament 3 that is a gathering place for all the remaining active UT3 players. UT3 doesn't have a big playerbase, but it is bigger than people think. The main problem with online play is "seeding" a server. Once a server is "seeded" people start joining and you get a game going pretty quickly.

With that in mind, I created a Steam Group for UT3 players in North America. Now before you say "But UT3 is dead, this is pointless!" keep in mind that although it would be great to get new players, it's not the primary focus of this group. Think of the Steam group as a real time bulliten board used for organizing pick up games, scrims, 1v1s, and what have you with people you know are already playing UT3. Want to fill up your favorite Warfare server? Get an announcement posted.

Basically, if we want to get a CTF going on UnrealGrl's server, someone posts an announcement, and wham, everyone gets the message and we can quickly fill up the server. We can also use the group to promote Beyond Unreal FragBU and other events.

I got the idea from SA's TF2 community. They easily fill up their servers by posting events. If we can get a community to that, this community would be a lot better off.

Here is the link to the Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NAUT3.

Feel free to join and invite friends to do the same. I'll update you with more details as I get them.

Thanks for the support, see you in game!

Cmon everyone! I know alot of people here use Steam, so why not join?

8)

Comment

joining now

Comment

We're up to 35 members in just three days! Come on people, join up!

Comment

Bort will eat your soul.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe641 View Post
            Bort will eat your soul.
            Surely you jest!

Comment

Great idea, jumping on the bandwagon now!

Comment

Now if only we could get the Australian UT3 community together

Comment

Already up to 50 members! Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X