No announcement yet.

Epic, please port Unreal Championship 2 to PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't played it all the way through on the 360, but it's a heck of a lot more challenging than plain vanilla UT3 on the same platform. Well, at least it was for me.

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but I thought UC2 wasn't up to stuff. Sure, the whole melee system was cool, but I thought the acrobatics was way too overpowered. Mad props, but I'm sticking with Unreal Tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Benfica View Post
        The more I see UC2 trailers, the less I understand what were they trying to accomplish with UT3. It seems that UC2 is simultaneously more fun and requires more skill
        I know what you mean, but UT3 is fun too. UC2 was almost too hard for the average gamer. First the demo came out a month before release, so all the die hard unreal fans grabbed it up like crazy. After a month the full version came out and there were tons of people, but every room had crazy good people in there destroying new players.(Sound familiar?)

Yes I was one of those players, but after a while I started training new players. It would take about 1-2 weeks just to get to know the layouts of the 50 maps. There were alot of varibles to learn. Like what adrenaline powerup to use in each situation, and what would be effective against each different character. Then you had to be able to switch between melee and the weapons on the fly to make them most effective. Then there was timing the powerups, making rounds on the maps to pick up adrenaline vials. Saving certain abilities for just the right second. Then also having to switch fighting styles from one opponent to the next, because what you just used against a light character to kill them may not be so effective against a juggernaught. Also learning to reflect projectiles with your melee weapons, every weapon being different from each other, timing wise Trust me this was just the basics of this game.

I convinced about 20 of my "other game" buddies to switch to this when it came out. Some stayed to get good, but most left to go back to whatever they were playing. The ones that stayed took months to get good, and that was after 4/5 hour sessions every day. I can remember someone from epic saying that they made UC2 "too *!&%## hard", in an interview for UT3, when asked if UT3 would be similar to UC2. I still say that it is still the most balanced shooter/melee game I have ever played. The mechanics were flawless, but the average gamer don't really want to take a month or more to start to get good at a game, they want to play a few hours and start getting kills.

Its a shame really, because in the end all your left with is clones of what's popular. Sometimes you need something to shake things up. Just look at what GOW has accomplished with a cover system that blows everything away, and I hope that epic has some new innovative ideas to add to the future of the Unreal franchise as well, because out of all the highly skill based games out there, Unreal has always been at the top of that list IMO.

Comment

Looking at the release of UC2 and the Xbox360, UC2 basically only had about 5 months to live before it started dying off...Not to mention that it was at a time where the PS2 destroyed the Xbox in terms of population. Game really needs to get ported to PC or become dl content for the XboX360.

Comment

yeah i bet if UC2 waited and came out as a 360 launch game things would have been a ton better for the game.

Comment

I barely played it and I remember the Melee wasn't quite as crisp as I would have liked, but I liked a lot of things it said was going to bring to the table...A strong melee game being the main one. By that trailer, it looks like they got a lot more maneuverability as well (Currently a double jump in UT3 still feels like a single in UT99...likely due to the thousand pounds of armor everyone has on). I also see they've got the ability to kick off of multiple walls, which would make that a useful feature if you could bounce around with deft jumping. I was really disappointed this wasn't in 2k4, and that the wall jump wasn't actually useful.

I also dig the much more colorful style, and the mid-round variety of things going on...that weird sawblade area-attack in there looks cool. And the newscasts about tournament developments, and focus on the tournament itself are awesome. Way cool...I really wish UT3 hadn't taken it's cue from Gears so heavily. I think it could have really stood out as a shooter, and established itself much stronger as part of the UT franchise than it did.

Comment

Wow!! This should be at the UC2 forums...
                Hey EPIC! are you aware of the huge fanbase UC2: THE LIANDRI CONFLICT has???? I hope you are!!! At least give us this game as a downloadable on XBOX ORIGINALS!!! please!!!! is it really that hard??

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver Dietmar View Post
                  Wow!! This should be at the UC2 forums...
                  Hey EPIC! are you aware of the huge fanbase UC2: THE LIANDRI CONFLICT has???? I hope you are!!! At least give us this game as a downloadable on XBOX ORIGINALS!!! please!!!! is it really that hard??
                  Hey, start a thread on that forum and link here man And start advocating UC2 for PC with cross-platform

Comment

Working...
                  X