No announcement yet.

Epic, please port Unreal Championship 2 to PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah , as long as the speed was faster it could be dodged just fine.

Comment

Oh the good ole days - the movement in this game made it an absolute blast to play. I had to go look up some of the old montages after I saw this thread, anyone who played must remember snoogans and his montages

http://www.youtube.com/user/snoogans460#play/uploads

Comment

Well I only tried UC2 at a friends house once and I liked it, tho I wonder why Epic never made a PC version I bet it would have been very sucessfull.

Still if they did a proper port today I would buy it for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMaster View Post
          Well I only tried UC2 at a friends house once and I liked it, tho I wonder why Epic never made a PC version I bet it would have been very sucessfull.

Still if they did a proper port today I would buy it for sure.
          Same here man. I'd even pay full price, no questions asked. Can you image what UC2 would look like if it was ported to the UE3 engine? Now I'm drooling even thinking about that. UT3/Gears like characters(just graphic wise) flying around the map like crazy, and the maps redone as well. lol

Comment

would be amazing

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post

There was an officially approved port of unreal championship but its not done anything from what I've seen. Here's the site http://www.uc2004.com/
              Pretty much everyone left the mod. I keep the site going out of hope that the few that truly care might come back and finish the mod. I do know that we have a few maps fairly ready to go, as well as some weapons (if Rad will let us use them) and some of the code was in alpha close to beta stage. Knightmare and his brother were working on some of the character models and have several characters close to being complete.

We just need a team of dedicated and skilled persons to jump in. The guy(s) that started the mod went about recruiting pretty much anyone who offered help, regardless of abilities or skills. They ran the team from within a UT fansite forums for about a year and there were some team issues (personality clashes). Monsolympus and a few others "re-organized" the team, and he and I built the website. Soon after that, though, the team sorta wandered off.

Unless something significant happens, I will let the domain die off the next time it comes up for renewal.

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                Pretty much everyone left the mod. I keep the site going out of hope that the few that truly care might come back and finish the mod. I do know that we have a few maps fairly ready to go, as well as some weapons (if Rad will let us use them) and some of the code was in alpha close to beta stage. Knightmare and his brother were working on some of the character models and have several characters close to being complete.

We just need a team of dedicated and skilled persons to jump in. The guy(s) that started the mod went about recruiting pretty much anyone who offered help, regardless of abilities or skills. They ran the team from within a UT fansite forums for about a year and there were some team issues (personality clashes). Monsolympus and a few others organized the team, and he and I built the website. Soon after that, though, the team sorta wandered off.

Unless something significant happens, I will let the domain die off the next time it comes up for renewal.
                Its a shame really, I was at least hoping you guys would bring the maps, weapons and characters.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN3PddDHF4Y

sigh always wanted to play this game, still can't...It's also become nearly impossible to find it, exspecially when you live in Africa...

Why didn't they port it to the pc anyways?

Comment

The more I see UC2 trailers, the less I understand what were they trying to accomplish with UT3. It seems that UC2 is simultaneously more fun and requires more skill

Comment

Hey guys, if you would like to check it out i have released a Beta model pack with the UC2 characters for UT2004

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=695813

Not final and not nearly complete but i guess better then nothing

Comment

I miss the acrobatics in Unreal...

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
                          Why didn't they port it to the pc anyways?
                          UT was always an intensely popular PC game (well, back then) and the Xbox was always the de-facto shooter console. UC1 sold fast, though UT, which it essentially was, was never the same with a controller. That statement's even more true when you look at UT99 for the Dreamcast, and then even worse, the PS2 version.

UC2 was supposed to be the ultimate shooter meets the ultimate shooter console, and it was made specifically to be Unreal for controllers. As I said before, even the engine it's based on is a special version of the Unreal Engine 2.5 (UT2K4 engine) tailor-made for the Xbox hardware. In short, they didn't port it because it was made to be a treat for console gamers the entire time. Porting it would've defeated the whole purpose for even developing it in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPackage View Post
                            Hey guys, if you would like to check it out i have released a Beta model pack with the UC2 characters for UT2004

Nice stuff dude See, I'd buy this game for 20 or 30€ on retail or Steam. I surely will buy it either way, even without XBL to play it online and using a controller. Then I've seen some guys saying how cool it would be having an Unreal or UT remake... It's **** interesting, I wonder how much manpower and money it would take for Epic to start it up or coordenate or whatever, and have the community do part of it. Like you already did with upscaled textures and 29 models

Reminded me of the Wipeout HD relese and the Serious Sam remake I've seen mentioned on BuF. I don't know about you, but I don't really need $30 million AAA games to have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPackage View Post

Thanks man. I just saw your other thread. Good stuff!

As for your offer, I'll leave that up to the team (I'm just the website owner/maintainer, no longer part of the development team).

Comment

Does UC2 work on xbox 360, I was under the impression the original Xbox games don't work on 360, only certain ones?

EDIT: Yep it works but has some messed up cutscreens apparently.

Comment

Working...
                                X