Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epic, please port Unreal Championship 2 to PC

Ok, there. I said it!

I have an older XBox and I surely will try to get it. I've seen the trailer, it sure looks wicked.

But most UT PC gamers don't have a XBox and like hard games. I bet UC2 would be a great game for Kb/M

its **** compared to so many games though, get a ps3 and play kb/m or play any of the good unreal games on PC, LOL.

Oh, yeah there IS and existing unreal chamption**** section on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by UnrealGladiator View Post
      its **** compared to so many games though, get a ps3 and play kb/m or play any of the good unreal games on PC, LOL.
      This is a quote obviously coming from a guy who has never played UC2 lol

UC2 is a great game, which is why it reviewed better than UT3. Unreal championship is one of the better unreal titles but its on the wrong platform .

There was an officially approved port of unreal championship but its not done anything from what I've seen. Here's the site http://www.uc2004.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RoadKillGrill View Post
        This is a quote obviously coming from a guy who has never played UC2 lol

UC2 is a great game, which is why it reviewed better than UT3. Unreal championship is one of the better unreal titles but its on the wrong platform .

There was an officially approved port of unreal championship but its not done anything from what I've seen. Here's the site http://www.uc2004.com/
        My brother had it a yr or so ago, so thats horse *****.
        UC2 did get a lil better reviews so you got that i just cant go back to that **** after i got UT2K4 on pc & UT3 on ps3 now. Ports are **** btw. unreal championship was just a crappier version of 2003 but UC2 did a bit better & Id still rather play it then halo, any **** day.

Comment

but yeah, wrong section, lmao.

Comment

i'm with u on this one. i'd love UC2 to be ported to the pc, with the expected graphics improvements and extra material of course

Comment

meh, id download it actually if i was bored, so yeah its a decent idea on second thought .

Comment

UC2 looks fun, never played it. Would love to play a port of this since ut is on hold for awhile.

Comment

UC2 is by far my favorite Unreal game. It had SO much to do in it, and it was one of the most skilled based games ever made. The balance with characters/weapons/adrenaline is awesome. Here ya go... Start drooling.lol http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gt...mpionship/5592

Comment

Originally posted by Sincreator View Post
                    UC2 is by far my favorite Unreal game. It had SO much to do in it, and it was one of the most skilled based games ever made. The balance with characters/weapons/adrenaline is awesome. Here ya go... Start drooling.lol http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gt...mpionship/5592
                    Great trailer, thx! I'm surely drooling!

Edit: and remember the XBox hardware: 733Mhz CPU, 64MB Ram, Geforce 3 or whatever that was. Any PC would run it!

Comment

Originally posted by Benfica View Post
                      Great trailer, thx! I'm surely drooling!

Edit: and remember the XBox hardware: 733Mhz CPU, 64MB Ram, Geforce 3 or whatever that was. Any PC would run it!
                      I'm pretty sure the only thing that would need to be changed for the PC, would be the lock-on feature for the weapons. The lock is necessary for the melee(keeps the person on the screen, not auto-aim), but the weapons wouldn't need it. Especially with the KB/M

Comment

I doubt they ever would. Unreal Championship 2 actually uses an exclusive version of the engine (well, not exclusive, it's just the only game that ever used it) designed specifically for the Xbox console. (That's why UC2 looked so awesome and still ran smoothly.) It could happen, though they'd have to modify quite a bit (plus everything else it takes to port a game) to get it to run on an older version of the engine (which would be UE2.5, the one for UT2K4). It could happen, though it won't.

Comment

uc2 had soo much potential to leverage itself against halo, and for whatever reasons, failed. GIANT SAD FACE. i thought the melee was about as well implemented as can be.
                          i don't play a lot of other games, but are there other games out now using a system of player movement like it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sincreator View Post
                            I'm pretty sure the only thing that would need to be changed for the PC, would be the lock-on feature for the weapons. The lock is necessary for the melee(keeps the person on the screen, not auto-aim), but the weapons wouldn't need it. Especially with the KB/M
                            they would also have to change the rejection's super homing , instead of homing the projectile at the shooter have it use physics to determine where the shot will be rejected at , like a bat hitting a ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavenz Night View Post
                              they would also have to change the rejection's super homing , instead of homing the projectile at the shooter have it use physics to determine where the shot will be rejected at , like a bat hitting a ball.
                              Actually, with the extra speed that the PC version would have, dodgeing rejections would be pretty easy I would think. Look at UT3 for example, the PC version is a fair amount faster than the 360 version, and the 360 version of UT3 makes UC2 look kinda slow. So something would definitly have to be done to speed up the walking, dodgeing, and the travel speed of projectiles alltogether.

Comment

Working...
                              X