Requesting PC gamepad Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requesting PC gamepad Update

As you know with jumps and dodging on pc its double taps. Well when i play with a controller i would like to dodge and jump as it is on the ps3 and xbox.

As far as i know its not possible. And if its not would you please create an option to enable this type of control in a future update?

This is more than just a preference of how to play but also the fact that after the many years i just cant play FPS games with a keyboard anymore.

There are several gamepad emulation tools.
    One which I can recommend is JoyToKey.
    Another good tool is the Logitech Profiler (if you use a Logitech gamepad.)
    Maybe you can set it as you want.
    Just ignore UT3's settings and set any key (of your keyboard) to any key of your gamepad.

I have never played UT3 on XBox 360 or PS3, so I cannot know how it works.
    Maybe you can describe it for some guys like me.

P.S. Which gamepad do you have?

Greets

Comment

thanks for the info but its a lil more complex than binding a key to the joystick, i dont know how to describe it unless you have played the ps3 or xbox version"im sure epic staff knows" , the mechanics of the jump and dodge are a part of the console versions only and not in the pc version as an option.

im using the xbox360 pad also i had no trouble setting up the controller , this thread is just requesting support from epic to give an option to do this

Comment

joytokey is great, but better suited to joysticks. For gamepads xpadder is more the go. google it ( its a free download like joytokey)

Comment

That seems to be a pretty cool tool.
          Thanks for this hint

I still don't know the dodge function on PS3/XBox 360, but I believe it can be emulated.

Greets

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare85 View Post
            That seems to be a pretty cool tool.
            Thanks for this hint

I still don't know the dodge function on PS3/XBox 360, but I believe it can be emulated.

Greets
            well ill try my best to explain. The console version does not use double taps for wall jumps or dodging , also the console version only dodges left or right and not forward or backward, same for wall jumps.

it works like this , when stepping left or right press jump and you dodge left or right. same for the wall jumps.

Comment

Bump

i would really love to leave the console versions of this game for PC "i have a extremely capable PC", and if you provided this update you have my word ill be in ut3 till UT4.

Comment

lol. You should pick up GOW PC Heavens, Zepidus is in the process of building a new computer as we speak to play UT3 and GOW with us. PopeForDope, lasurus, Sawdempop, and a few others are here now too. With more on the way. Both games are alot better on PC IMO. Been playin GOW PC for a month now for 3/4 hours a day. I'm gonna start switchin back and forth. lol

Comment

xbox 360 emulator works best dude. just get the correcct ini file or config man

Comment

yes yes emulation is perfectly fine , this is not the problem.

must have played the console versions to truly know what i and the few others are talking about.

@Sin
                    about gears..if wolfenstein ends up a bad game im either going to buy gears for pc or call of duty WaW

Comment

Working...
                    X