Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey i played on the server a few days ago, was fun

Comment

i have ever played on this BT server. This is kinda good. The main problem is probably the movers which are not very handy online and also paths which require wall jump (also lag).
      Also on this server i sometimes have packetloss (i'm in Europe) which doesn't help so much ...
      Anyway that's a good thing this BT mod, it replaces the Assault (Trial) gametype that should have been in UT3 by default.

Comment

I played for a while. I like the concept; but I don't like the harsh penalties for failure.

It's somewhat annoying to get through most of the level, die in some lava, and then have to start from the beginning. There should be checkpoints or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
          I played for a while. I like the concept; but I don't like the harsh penalties for failure.

It's somewhat annoying to get through most of the level, die in some lava, and then have to start from the beginning. There should be checkpoints or something.
          There has never been checkpoints in BT in UT99 which is where it started... Though there's only one map that has a checkpoint it's called BT-5-FiveRooms or something similar but once you score you'll have to start again from the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by aCRaSSiCauDa View Post
            There has never been checkpoints in BT in UT99 which is where it started...
            And in the first FPS game released, there was no jumping at all. It's a good thing games evolve, and game developers don't just say, "well, that's the way it was done in the past, so that's the way we'll do it"

UT3's movement options are far more complex than UT99's. Timing double-jumps and wall-dodges requires, at times, millisecond-precision. Compound that with even a ping of 75, and you're missing jumps that you would have made in singleplayer, with no lag.

I'm not saying BT sucks and that it needs checkpoints to be uber; I'm saying that although I like the concept of BT, I won't be playing it again because, for me, having to repeat the entire level every time I die is not fun.

And who knows? Maybe other people feel the same way I do.

Comment

The BT map BT-4-FiveRoom has a checkpoint. It's one of those things that is up to the map maker.

If anyone wants to play BT in Instant Action, I've put the necessary files together so you don't have to fish them out of your cache. It's just two .u script files and an .ini file. (You'll still have to fish the maps out of your cache .) Get it here: http://dronebot.org/Bunny.zip

Not sure if you need the FreeFOV mutator or anything else. If you need FreeFOV, get it off Mr. Evil's site: http://mrevil.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/unreal/ut3/fov/

Comment

Working...
              X