Play some Bunny Trails!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play some Bunny Trails!

If you're looking for something new to do, check out the Bunny Trails gametype!

The objective of Bunny Trails is to make your way through a series of jumps, traps, and other movement challenges to reach some end point. It's setup as a team challenge, to see which team can finish the course the most/fastest, but we've generally been playing it as a friendly obstacle course with no concern for teams.

The only server I've seen running it is the tamtemple.com (Bunny Trails) server ( http://www.theclq.com/ags/players.ph...63.66.173:7777 ), which seems to have a few players on it every so often. It's sort of addicting once you get into it. You get frustrated with a section, but over time you figure out how to get through and progress further and further until you reach a rewarding finish.

Unfortunately, there's not many BT maps, and out of the maps that are available, only a couple are worth playing (maybe someone can port over a bunch of the UT99 ones for us ). Best map to start with is BT-3-BunnyLessons. It's just a series of jumps/double jumps/wall dodges. After you've finished BunnyLessons, start working on BT-5-SecretResearchFacility with us. There's a couple of us working on trying to finish it and it's a lot of fun.

So check it out. Just be prepared; you will end up dying a lot from missed jumps.

I did a quick demorec of SecretResearchFacility so you can get a sense of what it's like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2euTbHB70Q

thats pretty cool, i always loved those types of maps in css and ut2004, ill give it a try sometime

Comment

I play BT a lot on the 6 slots server (Same one as you mentioned i believe)... But have never seen you there.

Comment

Originally posted by aCRaSSiCauDa View Post
        I play BT a lot on the 6 slots server (Same one as you mentioned i believe)... But have never seen you there.
        We've been on there at the same time before. I think it was you that showed me where to jump on Slimey at the section after the big leap.

Comment

do you have any downloads, all the links to maps here at epic are broken (filefront).

Comment

Originally posted by euchreplayer23 View Post
            do you have any downloads, all the links to maps here at epic are broken (filefront).
            I got all the maps off the server. Don't see any links around for them. :\

Comment

w00t fun stuff. We need more maps, check it out guys

Comment

Originally posted by MoonBlood View Post
                We've been on there at the same time before. I think it was you that showed me where to jump on Slimey at the section after the big leap.
                Did I?
                <10 cookies>

Comment

*Bump* This looks like alot of fun, though I could never beat one in UT99. Maybe I'll stand a better chance now that I got ma'self some M4d L33t 5k1LLs!!!

Comment

ok i already get stuck on the facility map where u need to jump through that fence at the start. and it annoys me like hell i cant do it. in the vid he just jumps once and hes through, i almost punched into my monitor, well i guess its the standard frustration of such maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucius2 View Post
                      ok i already get stuck on the facility map where u need to jump through that fence at the start. and it annoys me like hell i cant do it. in the vid he just jumps once and hes through, i almost punched into my monitor, well i guess its the standard frustration of such maps.
                      He probably had already glitched the gate. Normally you have to push the white switch on the wall, then the gate goes down, then you have to run over and dodge up and jump over before the gate goes back up. But if you feign death on top of it then it glitches and from then on you can just double jump over the gate.

Thats a really hard map though, I'd start off with BT-BunnyTraining

Comment

Haha, yeah, the fence had been glitched so we wouldn't have to bother hitting the switch over by the lift to quickly jump over it every time. Good news is that Infra and I finally beat that map after hours of messing around on it. It was a lot of fun.

Hopefully someone will make more maps like that one.

Comment

is there anyway to dl these maps and the mod, cause i get mad of the ping

Comment

is there anyway to dl these maps and the mod, cause i get mad of the ping
                            You can get the stuff out of your cache. Rename the 2 BunnyTrailsGameSomething files to have a .u extension and put them in the CookedPC\Script folder. Rename the maps to have a .ut3 extension and put them in the custommaps folder. Then go to the tamtemple.com site and download the (outdated) version of the gametype files they have there and put the .ini file in your config folder.

I might put together a package when I get home...

Comment

What if the files you download from the server are compressed?

Does the game decompress them automatically?

Comment

Working...
                              X