Decent gameplay (play fair)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Well the thing is, the way you put it is just because someone is good at the game they shouldn't hang out in the one server they ping well to because newer player play there? I mean if there is only one server to play on, where do you want the players who are good to play? And maybe they are not farming players as you say, but they are good so they will kill less skilled players, why should they dumb down their play so someone who just bought the game can feel good about themselves.

I consider myself to be ok at this game, and when I first started playing, from day one I sucked really really bad. At one point (I know stats don't matter, but I'm only throwing them out to show how bad I was) I had 10K kills and 40K deaths. So I was really bad at the game. I got farmed as you call it by the better players, but I kept coming back and learning, wanting to become better than them. Now that I consider myself ok at this game, why should i dumb down my play that i worked so hard to earn? If there was more players this wouldn't be a problem, good players would play on the good servers, new ones on the new servers, but since the player counts are so low it has forced the good players to start playing in the new player servers due to there not being anywhere else to play.

I used to be the first guy to switch teams to make them even, and I'll still do it now occasionally, but I figure I shouldn't always be the one that has to do it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry i left myself out:

I try to play fair all the time, if teams are unbalanced i swap right away (unless i just farmed powerups).

Never i camp or such... not because i try to be nice to others but just because i enjoy the action in this game. Sitting still in a corner (next to flag or such) makes me feel like i better go back to play CS or something.

Repairs i try to do always... but too many people play so dirty i hardly find someone who is really in need for it. I love to help a tank rusher with repairs (it owns, loads of fun).

Spawnkill or other stat padding practises i never do never done. Maybe thats why people never call me leet (jk).

Too many games i seen die out because of cheaters, low moral players and stat padders. It could be me... (i vote 1 only)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I voted all of them (because I can and they are awful choices)

I don't see the connection between "Decent Gameplay"and "playing fair".
    I view gameplay as the way you move, shoot, and pickups.
    As long as its not a cheat or using exploits I view it as playing fair.

What is Fairplay? other than a DRM for itunes :P

Stats are worthless, but killing newbs is fun. There is no long term gain it seems calling it "farming" is inappropriate.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Chose both, sometimes I feel like doing stuff, sometimes I don't. But I never just do it to rack up kills, i try to actively help my team win, yes I might be in a vehicle getting kills, but it still is helping my team succeed in the match. Though it pends on the gametype, Warfare I am about doing stuff all the time, that gametype isn't the same as VCTF or CTF, where you can sit back and defend (Which by the way is still helping your team succeed) the base and rack up points.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Depends..

If I know that my team is gonna lose I try to capture flags myself, but if the team is stacked I just farm awards.

Dirty, I suppose

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Decent gameplay (play fair)

Decent gameplay (play fair)

What do you prefer fairplay or newbie farming? And why do you play that way?
Working...
X