No announcement yet.

team communication in ut3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

used in game chat (B key), quality was poor. Matter of fact, on our server, we turned in game chat off. We use teamspeak for special events. Not being a fast typist, I don't chat much, but use text to speach to "hear" what others are typing.

Comment

It's no secret that in game voice chat support is **** poor in all games, and UT3 is no exception, voice is too loud, distorted, and annoying.

Just learn to type.

Comment

in game speak in ut3 is so annoying
        i start too swear at ppl that use it

but ventrilo and teamspeak are good programs for voice

Comment

Man, I just have to comment on this.

In-Game chat works great actually in UT3 and really sounds good. I am not sure why people are saying it doesn't.

However, it is annoying.

As far as disabling it on my servers, as someone mentioned, that function doesn't work, but I did as others have done, I have disabled all voice on my client.

No voice chat, no taunts, just sweet playing.

Comment

Play with voice is funnier(my own mind) but the quality of ut3 (pc) is not super....
            So i prefer use teamspeack mumble or x fire for voice communication because u ve a better quality

Comment

For good voice comms on UT3:

Step 1: Join a Clan (Like BOOM for example).

Step 2: Download Ventrilo and log in with the info your clan provides for you.

Step 3: ????????

Step 4: PROFIT

Comment

Originally posted by Ga-Reef View Post

I know that from somewhere.... Kif? (Kif are bare-skinned, wrinkled, ash-grey, long-snouted bipedal hunters. They are the tallest species in the Compact, slender, fast and deadly. They are strictly predators, requiring live prey; they have twin sets of teeth (outer for biting and inner for chewing) and retractable claws. Their social and political [dis]organization revolves about a quality called sfik, which combines face, authority, and ferociousness. Sfik is gained through victory in combat, or possession of something of value, or just the respect of others: followers with strong sfik give more sfik to their leader. A kif that loses sfik is likely to have its followers either defect or kill it. As a result, the kif are prone to change sides at the first sign of weakness. They seem to have no other moral values; they are pirates and cannibals, and are generally deemed troublesome by the other species.)

Comment

I've had no problems with the people on the aussie servers hearing me loud and clear through my $5 desktop mic, even having managed to pull off a "airlift me in to the blue base, then park out front and I'll rush out with the flag and fly back to red base" a few times.

I changed the push-to-talk binding to v, because that's what it is in most games, especially on steam

Comment

Originally posted by Ga-Reef View Post

I ve an other solution: join irc channel: mpukut3.warfare
                    And enjoy playing pug game !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pemphigus View Post
                      I ve an other solution: join irc channel: mpukut3.warfare
                      And enjoy playing pug game !!!!
                      Listen to Pem's advice he speaks sense

Comment

I remember now who said that.... It was the underwear gnomes!

Comment

:: DING DING DING ::

You are correct Sir!!!

Yay for forum stimulus!

To Fireball: Also it has often helped me in the past to type 'T is for typing/talk' when someone I'm playing with won't reply. Some players/n00bs simply don't know how use the 'T' or 'Y' for chat yet. I've had unresponsive guys reply before saying 'Oh thanks, I was wondering how to do that' ect. You'd be suprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Nammo View Post
                            Listen to Pem's advice he speaks sense
                            sure xD it s always funny there !!!

Comment

Working...
                            X