team communication in ut3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

team communication in ut3

when I press "t" for team speak, normally nobody is answering me.

are there better ways to speak, like with a headset? If yes, how does it work? I cant configure it in ut3, dont see where.

I have ut3 two times: 1x from DVD, 1xfrom Steam (registered my DVD in Steam too, thats why).

Communication-free multiplayer games dont feel much different like bot-games against the computer. So help to solve this problem is much appricated

i remember trying to use a headset, my cousin was at my house and he had his laptop and we were teams, but wat came out of me speaking to the mic was just static in UT3. darn!

Comment

"Y"=Team chat (in text)
      "T"= Chat (in text)
      "B"=Activate Voice comms.

One CD key=One copy of UT.

Comment

Originally posted by Skippy_Doe View Post
        "Y"=Team chat (in text)
        "T"= Chat (in text)

does this mean i can use a 1 same cd-key and put it on 2 differnet computers and make one have a different account??? or does it not work like that, and it will say that the key is in use already.

Comment

Originally posted by unreal_man View Post
          does this mean i can use a 1 same cd-key and put it on 2 differnet computers and make one have a different account??? or does it not work like that, and it will say that the key is in use already.
          Sure you can use it for 2 different computers but you will only be able to play online on one of them at a time.

The only way you will be able to speak with someone else is if they also have a mic. The in-game voice chat isn't very good. It's better to use either Ventrilo or Team Speak, which Ventrilo is better than Team Speak, IMO.

Comment

Hmmmm.... okay, all again for a dummy:

I will buy a headset.
            What are now the next steps to communicate the best/most usual way , to reach as many player as possible?

Just pressing the button "b" and release it if I stopp speaking? That works? And this is called the in-game-voice-chat, right?

and how does it work with team-speak or ventrillo? with which one I reach most players?

Comment

I have also STEAM, if that helps ....

Comment

"Y"=Team chat (in text)
                "T"= Chat (in text)

So, all I have to do is to plug in a headset into my soundblaster and every time I want to speak I press the B-button, or just one time, and its open all the game session?

Really?

I mean, till now, I never heared somebody something say to me or to others, but well, I also never pressed the B-button.......

Before I buy an expensive head-set I want to be sure about that

I wouldn't say its a copy. I just registrated ut3 also in steam on the same computer, and deleted then the dvd-version.

Comment

While you hold B down, you are transmitting voice. Once you let it go, voice ends.

However, most people don't use voice in UT3. For many people, you will sound like your voice is being transmitted over AM radio, and then played from a radio at the bottom of a well. While they're wearing ear plugs. Don't waste money on a headset just for UT3. Just use team chat (Y by default) and learn to type as quickly as possible.

Comment

people don't use in game talk because it's really crappy. when somebody tries to talk it's usually very loud, annoying and cannot hear what the player is saying anyway. there is a way to disable other players mics somewhere in options (if I remember correctly) and lots of people disable it. therefore your mic might be working and sending data and all but people might not hear you because they disabled this feature in their game.
                    it's really a shame this doesn't work in game. there is not many players aware of ventrillo and other similar software... only in professional tournaments.
                    don't bother with mic in UT3. use chat feature instead. text to speech helps too ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                      While you hold B down, you are transmitting voice. Once you let it go, voice ends.

However, most people don't use voice in UT3. For many people, you will sound like your voice is being transmitted over AM radio, and then played from a radio at the bottom of a well. While they're wearing ear plugs. Don't waste money on a headset just for UT3. Just use team chat (Y by default) and learn to type as quickly as possible.
                      or ventrillo...most people i play with us it quite nicely.

Comment

let's just hate epic for putting in crappy voice support. that's what I've been doing since day 1.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!

Comment

yes, its a pity then, that it doesnt work better.
                          I really miss this function, since a bit more strategic arrangement and team spirit in a multiplayer match would be great.

about this "ventrillo":
                          is the opposing team also hearing my voice, or just my team?
                          is quite important

Comment

if they are in the same vent server, on the same channel.

i wonder if i could have taken any longer to respond to this thread...

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post

It's not just that, it's because a lot of people become really annoying on voice, I'll never use any type of in game voice for that reason. If you need to speak to me, join vent or ts.

Comment

Working...
                              X