Constant Lockups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constant Lockups

Does anyone else have a problem with constant lockups?
    It usually happens when you are killed and respawn or when the map changed.

It just locks up the game and i have to use the resetbutton on my pc to restart my computer.
    It is annoying as hell...

Dual core 3Ghz, 4gb ram, radeon 2600 xt 512mb

Anyone know what could be causing this?

what OS are you using?

Comment

My experience has been, when you are experiencing lockups in UT3, normally your video card is overheating. UT3 is graphically very intense and most peeps run all out settings, etc.

Go here: http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php

Download the HW monitor, play the game for a few minutes before you lock up, disconnect and see how hot your video card it running.

Also, be sure you are fully patched to Engine Version 3809.

Report back if you still have the problem.

Comment

Its a radeon problem. i had it too.Now i have to play with vsync off to avoid it.You will have tearing but much much less freezes.

Epic can n should fix this tbh.

Comment

Never noticed tearing myself which is odd. I have V-Sync off. Wierd thing is, if I turn off V-Sync in Guild Wars, tearing a plenty :S

Ps. Is Guild Wars 2 gonna use the UT3 engine? I've heard it is but never confirmed, how does it work? Do A-Net or whoever ask for permission or just use Unreal Ed. to make the game or do they buy a version of it? Sorry if it seems like I hijacked OP thread but curious how it works?

Comment

Try installing the latest video driver of your Video card... This started happening to me when i installed catalyst 9.6... with 9.5 it was fine.

Now they've released 9.7 i didn't try it yet and not sure if it works with your VC but if it does then give it a shot

Comment

Recently Ive been lagging out alot. Sometimes while Im playing or just died Ill lag out and can't click. Its due to heavy packet loss or my modem drops the signal completely. Half the time I come back in, its weird because I can still hear the sound of battle going on while Im just drifting into a wall.
              gg comcast!

Comment

Originally posted by Infra` View Post
                Recently Ive been lagging out alot. Sometimes while Im playing or just died Ill lag out and can't click. Its due to heavy packet loss or my modem drops the signal completely. Half the time I come back in, its weird because I can still hear the sound of battle going on while Im just drifting into a wall.
                gg comcast!

Does that happen always or only on specific maps?

Comment

Any map, Its isp related I believe.

Comment

Weird it happens to me only on DM-Deck and only after i installed catalyst 9.6... And always happens when i click to respawn.

Comment

what happens to me is on usually on sandstorm(or cbp3 octopus) my sound goes all whack and my screen freezes and goes about .3 frames a second. sometimes i can recover if i hit escape but sometimes i have to restart comp. i think it might be g-card overheating but im not sure.

Comment

Don't think its an ATI thing. I have occasional lockups on my system (complete freeze with no recovery option). Have never figured out if its my PC config or something else. It hasn't happened with any other games, but then again, I hardly play any other games!

Comment

Happens to me too. Completely random. Only happens when i play ut3, no other game.

Comment

Well running in a window seems to solve the problem...

Comment

Originally posted by zunnie View Post
                              Well running in a window seems to solve the problem...
                              So the problem is still not fixed? If windowed mode is ok then it sure is the graphics card.

Did you try to monitor the temperature? Can u control the fan on your graphics card? (make it go 100% speed)

Pls come back untill we get this fixed.

Cheers.

P.s. catalyst driver version? did u already update it once? Did it make any difference?

Comment

Working...
                              X