Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

creating demo rec key

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creating demo rec key

how do i assign a key on my keyboard to make so that it auto names it and starts recording?

Hmm you could make a keybind for demorecording, but I'm not sure how you would get that keybind to come up with a different demo name each time...

Comment

Put this in the top part of UTInput.ini (anywhere in the [Engine.PlayerInput]):

Bindings=(Name="NumPadNine",Command="demorec %p-%td")

You can change 'NumPadNine' part to whatever key you want to use.

%p = player name you're using.
      %td = date/time you started recording.

There's others for map name, but they don't seem to work for client-side demos.

Comment

Thanks, Moonblood. I didn't know you could use metavariables in console commands. Do you know of a full list of those variables?

Comment

Originally posted by tw.ed.uk View Post
          Thanks, Moonblood. I didn't know you could use metavariables in console commands. Do you know of a full list of those variables?
          Not sure if this is all of them, but here's some:

%m – Map Name
          %GT – Game Type
          %P – Player
          %AP – All players
          %td – Date Time

Some, like %m, didn't work last time I tried them for client-side demos (which was a while back). They may work for server-side demos.

Comment

Nice, didn't know about those other ones.

And should you want to stop the recording:
            Bindings=(Name="NumPadSix",Command="demostop")

Comment

thanks guys works great

Comment

Nice one .

Can use this to record cheating scumbags spoiling my online gaming experience.
                Flying around the level at 100mph capping infinite flags......mumble mumble..hate these people grrr.........*end of rant*

Comment

Cheers MoonBlood!

Comment

kind of off topic...havent tried recording demos in UT3, do they have a 30 fps cap? if yes, is there a way i can set it to 60 or above?

Comment

Originally posted by MoonBlood View Post
                      Not sure if this is all of them, but here's some:

%m – Map Name
                      %GT – Game Type
                      %P – Player
                      %AP – All players
                      %td – Date Time

Some, like %m, didn't work last time I tried them for client-side demos (which was a while back). They may work for server-side demos.
                      That's fancey as hell! Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
                        kind of off topic...havent tried recording demos in UT3, do they have a 30 fps cap? if yes, is there a way i can set it to 60 or above?
                        Yes, I just looked thru my .ini's - unfortunately off hand I cannot remember what changes it but I have it set at 90fps.

It may be MinDesiredFrameRate=90 in UTEngine.ini, but I can't guarantee it. It's been too long...

Comment

looks like the %m parameter is still not working. i only get a "UTFrontend" in the filename but anyway, date/time is probably the most important parameter to make it unique enough.

Comment

THX moonblood for the addtionnal command (i have made the demorec key, but didn't know about the %stuff), you rock .

Comment

i cant get any demo of bta working, always says some freaky file is missing, though i have everything installed myself

Comment

Working...
                              X