Warfare focus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warfare focus

I have a question for you all concerning your focus in warfare.

As for me, I used to play some clan games when the game was first released (Hello to those that recognize me! ) then tired of the game & now I just play the odd evening when I get some spare time. I normally play warfare, although do play DM sometimes and CTF a little less again

I know that points aren't worth everything, but sometimes I wonder whether my focus is wrong since I only seem to hit the high scorers when the server is full of the newer players. I much prefer to play against good players for the challenge, but find some of them can score 100+ more points than me

For my style of play, I've checked and I get about 70% of my kills via frags (30% vehicles) and typically 50+ frags per game with 10-20 deaths. I do aim to go for nodes, but always go to kill the players first - I don't like to die too easily :P

I never wait for vehicles, except when I need to get across the entire map quickly and I don't focus on getting in vehicles either. e.g. I don't aim to get in the tank, or dark walker, etc... unless there is someone on the other team that keeps getting killing sprees via the vehicle...

Thats something I just can't help. If someone is on a rampage or more... I will go after them to kill them.

I tend to attack unless I find the team is struggling and then I try to "hold the fort".

Sometimes I think its good to have a fragger in your team, but then sometimes I think its better to be suicidal who hits the nodes as much as possible.

So I was hoping you'd let me know what style of play you have and where you think I could improve mine. I'd like a better balance!

The one obvious thing is power-ups... I don't actively go after them, whilst I see others timing the redeemer, etc to get an extra X kills and points.

* Edit: Oh, a source of demos from recent games would be good

OMG Lillien!!!! Glad to have u back ! Join #mpukut3.warfare in irc.You will find some of the guys u knew.

Comment

Timing the deemer is different from camping the deemer. You should time it, but should not camp it, unless it's just gonna be a couple seconds.

Nodes are what will connect you to the power core. Always go for nodes, and the only time you should kill anyone is if they're in your way. Or large vehicles that are slowing your team down (like the DW on Floodgate). Whatever you can do so that you control the nodes.

If you're looking for points, the core is the best way to top the scoreboard. If you were to single handedly take down the power core it would give you 60 points. Building a node nets you 7 points. Destroying a node nets you 7 points. Capping a node with the orb nets you 7 points. Killing someone nets you only a single point. So, stay focused on the objectives and only kill people when you have to. Oddly enough that will help you win too.

Comment

Screw the points Lillien, we all know that you pawn already . If its fame and glory you are going for then core whoring and node building is all you need to do to get to the top of those scoreboards at the end

Comment

Welcome back to warfare

In public matches I play really aggressively, taking risks with moves which most of the time turn out to be stupid. I like to run the orb and take over nodes, and then hit up the core. Easy way to get points is to cap, heal, and help build nodes; and then be prepared to hit the core.

Sometimes I just like to go dm around the whole match. Maps like floodgate have easy ways to rack up points. Just hang around the countdown node and heal/take over the node. I try to time all the powerups in the map, normally there are only 1 or 2 you have to control (deemer and shape charge)

Comment

Here is the thing, WARFARE is a TEAM based game type. If it was not, they would have put a orb in DM where if a person capped a node with the orb, they can get free kills on everyone else.

If you are running around and DMing everyone you see, and you are no where near a node and your team loses all your nodes and your core gets blown up but you have the most points, do you feel better about your score?

If you are running around and DM'ing everyone you see, and you kill the enemy orb carrier in the middle of no where and then use it a bait and wait for another enemy to get it and kill them and then your team gets all the nodes and destroys the Enemy Core and you have the least amount of points but your team won, do you feel better about your score?

WAR is a mixture of DM, vehicle usage, capping nodes and core hits. I rarely attack a core unless I am pretty close or in a fast vehicle. Sometimes I am the lowest scorer, other times I am high on the list. I use a lot of tanks, DW's, vipers, shades and scorpions. I also run the orb a lot as well. I do what needs to be done for the team to win. There are 2 or 3 maps that I do nothing but get DW's or tanks as they are effective for defending nodes to keep the team in the game, as 90% of players never defend a node. Other maps I run the orb all the time.

If you are in a team game and there are a few people capping the nodes (which is the objective) and a couple doing nothing but trying to sniper people to pad their stats, and they are standing right next to the node and refuse to heal or protect it and you lose... then those players are not often regarded high by your team mates. If you want to pad your stats, go play DM as WAR is meant to be team based node to node action.

Points are easy. Run orbs, heal or destroy nodes and attack core. DM'ing gets you high scores on long drawn out matches or the odd match where the other team keeps being the in wrong place and the right time

Also maps with lots of people and levi's and deemers also allow lots of points.

Comment

wtf, not the top points?! Since when were you not whoring points!
              Kill people, use the orb lots, heal nodes all the time, shoot their core.

So ur, do it all

Comment

Loooooooool, there is exactly 16000 threads on the UT3 general chat forum. Welcome Lillien (whoever the hell r u lol.)

Comment

There's Pro, There's Serious Pro, then there is Lillien.

Then Me, and it goes no higher

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
                    There's Pro, There's Serious Pro, then there is Lillien.

Then Me, and it goes no higher
                    So does god go in the semi professional category

Comment

Originally posted by marilol View Post
                      So does god go in the semi professional category
                      Maybe I shouldn't say this, might offend the Christians, but god really sucks at UT3. He likes to use the stinger at very long range, double-jumping on the spot if he's fired at.

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
                        Maybe I shouldn't say this, might offend the Christians, but god really sucks at UT3. He likes to use the stinger at very long range, double-jumping on the spot if he's fired at.
                        Note: Not all Christians are conserative fundamentalists.

I can't get offended at all, I'm an Atheist.

Comment

Originally posted by ThaMarine View Post
                          Note: Not all Christians are conserative fundamentalists.

I can't get offended at all, I'm an Atheist.
                          So you believe in noone? Well, he sucks too

Comment

ROFL, good one!

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
                              You biased Black Metaller you!

Comment

Working...
                              X