Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

XBOX Midway NA servers are down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need servers & new content on 360, someone tell me where my new content is!?

Comment

if it truly will be years till a new unreal is out please help keep the current gen unreal alive.

Comment

I know a heavens knight on xbox live..hmm.. Keep unreal alive!! Woot!!
        Originally posted by Heavenz Night View Post
        if it truly will be years till a new unreal is out please help keep the current gen unreal alive.

Comment

This is a Microsoft issue. They contracted with Midway as Epic's Distributor of the game Unreal Tournament 3. Midway is out of business. That leaves Microsoft. In a predictable move to squeeze every penny out of an exclusive contract with Midway, Microsoft made it imposable to continue with on line gaming that does not involve Midway or Microsoft. My comment is my opinion only, and I have no knowledge of any contracts with either parties.

Comment

yeah thats me brikks

Comment

Ive been playing UT3 on my 360 since November of last year, I got addicted to it instantly, none of the current FPS games have had me as hooked as UT3 due to its fast paced combat, massive scenarios and overall experience.

It is truly sad to see them slowly digging its grave over time, from forgetting about it with no DLC updates, no maps, no mods, no nothing and now no servers.
              So now that all the support has been dropped, is there a reason why anyone should play the game anymore?
              I don't own a PC and my computer can't handle high end games, this is why I buy console games and I expect them to be supported if Im going to drop $80 on them.

Epic, why are you ignoring us?

Comment

Such a good game. Its too bad. We cant run quality servers on our own, so the game is going to be dead now.

Comment

Well here is the response I got back from Epic support. Nice only a year a out and you are abandoning the 360 users. How hard can it possibly be to set up a couple of servers for deathmatch, CTF, etc.? If this is the type of support the next release of UT will get on the 360 then don't bother releasing it -- I won't be buying it.

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for contacting Epic Games Support.

We're sorry for the inconvenience, but our publisher was responsible for providing dedicated Xbox 360 servers.

Thank you,

Stacey Conley
                  -----------------------
                  Community Support
                  Epic Games

Comment

Maybe it's time everyone switch to the PS3 version of UT3. It has mods and custom content so it's better in every way to the 360 version of UT3. Who hosts the dedicated PS3 servers for UT3 ??

Comment

Originally posted by uznkeiqmet View Post
                      Maybe it's time everyone switch to the PS3 version of UT3. It has mods and custom content so it's better in every way to the 360 version of UT3. Who hosts the dedicated PS3 servers for UT3 ??
                      I would but I'm not going to buy a PS3 to run it. My terms to host a server are:

1) players supply content. (cooked maps and mods for PS3)
                      2) players take an active roll in deciding what game types, maps, mods and mutator to run.
                      3) players feed back server operation and problems.

Comment

Some of the core players are trying to save the game. When I am not on xbox live I host a 12 player dedicated. Its a shame the 360 version of UT is being killed off slowly. The community is there, people who have the bandwidth to host 16 man dedicated fill up in no time, just I think losing the midway servers is the final nail in the coffin for the 360 community.

Comment

Originally posted by uznkeiqmet View Post
                          not every aspect, the frame rate is a lot smoother on the xbox and just just feels faster than the ps3 version, other than that the ps3 is where its at.

If epic could let me use a controller on the pc version of unreal that jumps and dodges like the consoles controls i would be there first and final.

Comment

Originally posted by HornDog View Post
                            I would but I'm not going to buy a PS3 to run it. My terms to host a server are:

1) players supply content. (cooked maps and mods for PS3)
                            2) players take an active roll in deciding what game types, maps, mods and mutator to run.
                            3) players feed back server operation and problems.

http://www.iamgaming.com/forum/forum...administration

Comment

Thanks for the link. I'm still not buying a PS3 so I need people to test and submit feed back. Any one interested in helping the PS3 community can join my forum (from my sig) and then I'll get started.

Comment

hello all, please feel free to join me and my friends for ut2 on xbox live. we still play most nights out of the week (US time) and would love for you to join and be a part of our continued support for UT3. Send a message to this gamertag and i'll be happy to get you hooked up with some great people and dedicated ut3 360 players.

Myself, i've been playing since the original on pc years ago and prefer to play on 360 these days. I'm an xbox ambassador and I'd love to see this community stay alive. I primarily host friendly tdm player matches (US time zones). Send me a message and i can introduce you to many players still active with the 360 community.

see ya on live.

Comment

Working...
                                X