But what if... Healing the Power Core.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But what if... Healing the Power Core.

Unless you were a ut2004 seasoned player, I'm sure everyone has at least tried to link up with the Power Core one time or another, only to find out the obvious . But what if... What if you could heal the core and maybe salvage what was a hopeless game due to n00bery or perhaps another player who swears the center node in Torlan is the most critical game objective, ect. I think it's an interesting idea, maybe it could be made into a mutator, but to be fair I think it should only be able to be healed when the shields are down. But enough about what I think, what's your opinion?

That would be useless in most situations. If they have gotten to the core there is a very small chance of a comeback in ut2004. It would only prolong the game and likely not change the outcome.

Comment

But not all situations, I've been in hundreds of games that could've been turned around if I had literally a few seconds more. Like when I'm just about to destroy, capture or 'redeemer' the prime node. Not only that, if half the team is healing the core that would leave the other half greatly outnumbered, and giving the winning team more freedom to attack. I'm thinking if the game went into overtime though, it would have to be impossible to heal the core again.

Comment

A match would go on for hours until all the players would get bored and leave.

Think about it, a core almost never gets blown in the first go(unless 2 of those killjoy and balance breaking titans atk it), so the team would have time to always heal it bk. The game would go on until overtime, and then each time the core takes some dmg, it would get healed... 80% of matches will never end especially on some maps(Islander would be 100% unbalanced since the already lamer infantry side couldn't heal core cause of the water and the other team would have lots of time to always heal it, Torlan would never end since core is harder to get to, Tank Crossing that already ends in overtime would never end and so on). Also all the core dmg-ing count down nodes would be kinda useless.

It wouldn't balance anything. If the teams are unbalaced and you can heal the core, the less powerfull team would lose even the chance of getting lucky with a deemer and some mirracle "take all nodes, reach core alive and take it down". They'd have like 0 chances to win even if they lose harder. It would just make the team unbalance-ness have a different characteristic.

No offence, but i don't think it's a good idea ... just like titans and stinger >.>

EDIT: About the overtime, you posted while i was typing >.>. It also depends on how fast the core can be healed. If like 4 ppl can heal it nicely, the team wouldn't be so disadvantaged compared to what it gets in return(a full health core).
        Also the few seconds you talk about are special cases. Even if you would get prime with deemer, and heal core ,they'd just have to work to take prime bk and restart the core dmg-ing. Nobody would eventually win and it would go into overtime

Comment

It is a rewarding feeling to actually win a match you wouldve never thought was possible
          I remember this one match of demo torlan with evenly matched opponents blah blah blah.. final comeback success!

Comment

As a gameplay mechanic it may work with very small teams like 2v2 ,3v3 or even 4v4 buying you a little time to destroy a node. However larger teams would just keep it healed and it would encourage negative play- like some never leaving the base and full team base camping...interesting tho.

Comment

That would make for some awesome overtime matches. Both teams sit around healing the core and the game never ends.

Comment

Dont give ideas like this around epic guys.In the next ut we will found ourselves forced to choose classes like Liandri engineers to fix vehicles or Necris priests to heal the cores :P.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea to me

Comment

You can't destroy the power core in one assault in most cases... healing it would cause the matches to last for hours.

My suggestion is if there would be a countdown node that you have to control for an amount of time to get your core "X" HP back like 20 points each time.

Comment

See WAR-RealGar.

Comment

Originally posted by aCRaSSiCauDa View Post
                        You can't destroy the power core in one assault in most cases... healing it would cause the matches to last for hours.

My suggestion is if there would be a countdown node that you have to control for an amount of time to get your core "X" HP back like 20 points each time.
                        See, that's a good idea. There can be all sorts of limits and whatnot. Like oh, maybe you could only heal a small amount after the Core life has dropped past a set amount like 75, 50, 25, ect.. Or even a new pickup that spawns like once every 5 minutes, somewere in the middle of the map, that'll heal the Core ten points if you can get it to there alive.

Comment

What if you can sacrafice yourself to heal the core for 1 point?

Lol, mass team suicide would be weird to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by marilol View Post
                            What if you can sacrafice yourself to heal the core for 1 point?

Lol, mass team suicide would be weird to watch!
                            In this case you won't be able to see the core cuz it will be covered by dead bodies

Comment

Oh c'mon yo. Can we just please not heal the core ?

Comment

Working...
                              X