No announcement yet.

patch 2.2 anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe they're already working on Unreal Tournament 4.

Comment

Nothing has been announced.

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
        Nothing has been announced.
        Do the devs know about the warfare bug people have been complaining about? With the latest patch, the orb disappears from the minimap every other round.

This probably sounds cosmetic at first but when you're playing it gets incredibly frustrating. You have no idea what node your carrier is going towards, or where they are if you want to give them a ride. On the defensive side you can't see when an opposing orb is approaching your node -- drives me nuts because I'll usually play some defense if we're down to our prime, and now a halfway-crafty orb runner will capture the node without me even knowing.

Comment

Information about the orb and the patch request thread have been forwarded to the developers.

Comment

To add more relevant info about the bug, this bug was orignally introduced in patch 2.0(previous versions including the original version never had this bug). The orb disappears only on the second(and fourth, sixth..so on) rounds of a warfare game. The bug used to manifest itself only on maps that change sides after a round(like Islander, Onyx Coast, Avalanche). The rest of the maps like Floodgate, Serenity and Downtown were not affected by this bug.

In patch 2.1(aka patch 5), an attempt was made to fix this bug, but it only reversed the situation. Non side-switching maps now have this bug and side swapping maps do not. Most likely a quick fix was applied in 2.1 and tested only on sideswapping maps causing a regression on maps that don't switch sides.

Edit: The fix attempt in patch 2.1 was documented in the release notes as
            •Fixed warfare orb not showing up on minimap on second and subsequent rounds on map where teams switch sides.
            The release note is technically true about fixing the bug, but it broke the maps where teams don't switch sides.

This is really a bug that affects gameplay a lot.

Comment

Information about the orb and the patch request thread have been forwarded to the developers.
              This is awesome news. Have I told you lately how very much I love you?

Comment

flak can u also tell them that even redeemer and shape charge locations are missing on minimap... if u play special ops... that lady says grab the redeemer but not circle is seen on the mini map... not a big deal but i think it might be useful for people new to the maps...

cheers flak

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCloud View Post
                  A lot of very interesting stuff.
                  Strange.... I cant reproduce your description. I have the impression the orb disappears every second round, regardless of the map being played. Can anyone confirm (or not) this issue?
                  I just want to add, I am not 100% sure about it. It is just an impression. Maybe the mistake is on my end.

Comment

To add more relevant info about the bug, this bug was orignally introduced in patch 2.0(previous versions including the original version never had this bug). The orb disappears only on the second(and fourth, sixth..so on) rounds of a warfare game. The bug used to manifest itself only on maps that change sides after a round(like Islander, Onyx Coast, Avalanche). The rest of the maps like Floodgate, Serenity and Downtown were not affected by this bug.

In patch 2.1(aka patch 5), an attempt was made to fix this bug, but it only reversed the situation. Non side-switching maps now have this bug and side swapping maps do not. Most likely a quick fix was applied in 2.1 and tested only on sideswapping maps causing a regression on maps that don't switch sides.

Edit: The fix attempt in patch 2.1 was documented in the release notes as

The release note is technically true about fixing the bug, but it broke the maps where teams don't switch sides.

This is really a bug that affects gameplay a lot.
                    After reading Patch 2.0 change log I have a hunch that
                    Fixed spidermines confused about nightshade that switches teams.
                    probably could cause disappear on v2.0 if spidermines and orb have same class or something, I'm not a programmer.

If Round_End == 1 && Side_Change == 0
                    Then Dont_Show_Orb = 1

Comment

Lol, Epic has a global economic crisis that they have to handle (just like everyone else.) If they insist on concetrating on mainstream games (*cough* GOW2 *cough*) that will make alot of money and save them, I support them (despite the fact it means less UT3 patches.) At least Epic will live to make more UT-s.

Comment

Let's not forget the avril bug

Comment

Originally posted by cowlike View Post
                          Let's not forget the avril bug
                          What Avril bug? The only ones I encounter these days is that the firing sound comes but no avril comes out and the avril not doing any damage sometimes, but these are rare and not something major like the double damage avril previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobi^^ View Post
                            Strange.... I cant reproduce your description. I have the impression the orb disappears every second round, regardless of the map being played. Can anyone confirm (or not) this issue?
                            I just want to add, I am not 100% sure about it. It is just an impression. Maybe the mistake is on my end.
                            I think I was right, I am not too sure myself though, will check later today.

Originally posted by jiiihaad View Post
                            After reading Patch 2.0 change log I have a hunch that
                            Fixed spidermines confused about nightshade that switches teams.
                            probably could cause disappear on v2.0 if spidermines and orb have same class or something, I'm not a programmer.

If Round_End == 1 && Side_Change == 0
                            Then Dont_Show_Orb = 1

Funny, but this happens on maps without the shade too.

Comment

What Avril bug? The only ones I encounter these days is that the firing sound comes but no avril comes out and the avril not doing any damage sometimes, but these are rare and not something major like the double damage avril previously.
                              Yeah the no damage one. I agree it's infrequent but a fix would still be nice, if they can

Comment

Originally posted by cowlike View Post
                                Yeah the no damage one. I agree it's infrequent but a fix would still be nice, if they can
                                That is not a game bug, it is a server bug. It depends on the server tick rate. Same goes for rockets or flak or other weapons.

You may shoot that rocket or avril at a time when the server is bogged down with too many processes and it just does not count your weapon shot or hit so it can catch up in the processes a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X