Sniper Rifle tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sniper Rifle tips?

So I'm pretty good aiming and shootin stuff even all the way across the screen with the shock primary and not bad with the dual/single enforcers, but I got problems with the sniper rifle.

What are some good tips for aiming it when it's an intense 1 on 1 battle goin on? Any difference up close and from afar ? I see some ppl constantly rock back and forth then wait a split second before they fire, but what are some general tips to become a better sniper user to where you can use it in any situation against any weapon ?

It's like the others... Just i don't recomend it in a 1on1 situation... If you feel you hit better with the shock rifle i would suggest you use the Shock Rifle's crosshair for the sniper rifle.

Comment

Sniper works best for long distance... (thats a suprise ;-)) but u can use it kind of as a shotgun too. I also recommend regular short range weapon for that though.

Comment

Er closest thing to a shotgun would be the flak cannon.

The pro guys use just a dot for a crosshair. You don't have to go that extreme (though it wouldnt be a bad idea)

Dont zoom in all the way with the sniper. Since you are so close you have less time to react and when you do react you action will be overly dramatic.

Once again, the good dmers/duels hardly zoom in with the sniper. Its all about practice. The more you use the sniper the better you aim with become. Obviously dont stand still. Try dodging into your shots, like, aiming slightly left of your target and then dodging to the right and firing.

Good luck!

Comment

Yeah, I never zoom at all with the sniper, I also don't go into 1v1 situations with it either. :c

Comment

By standing still even for a second increases the headshot hitbox, its in the code.

Honestly I don't like standing still so I rarely do it .
            Sniper works well at any range as long as your latency is below 60, its my primary weapon in duels.
            I never use the scope on the sniper, there is no DM map that is large enough to require it.
            Turn off the weapon model, it makes it allot easier to aim and shoot.
            Also keep in mind ut3 behaves different than ut2004, the guns all feel like they have a noticeably higher fire dely and the hit boxes are smaller. 32ms in ut3 is like 80ms in ut2004.

Comment

sniper in close range battles ftw

Comment

Don't zoom, just BOOM!

Comment

Not a good idea to rely on sniper close range unless you're in one of those arrogant mood days, where it feels like you can't miss anything. Often getting the first hit is easy but getting the second(kill) hit wastes valuable time/ health, especially against multiple stinger using opponents. Responsive accurate aim cannot be taught it's just intelligent judgement and instinctive reaction plus most importantly confidence, these only come from practice ,practice ,practice.

Comment

Sniper is an opener, not a closer. That should increase your game.

Comment

I prefer to shoot without any annoying crosshairs

Comment

you shouldnt have a problem with sniper if you dont have a problem with other hitscan weapons :<

Comment

Well I've seen some people literally use the sniper in a duel/dm from start to finish against any weapon in any situation and PWN. That way it saves up the shock rifle ammo for combos nicely also.

I always switch from one weapon to another based on situation, but it seems the sniper is a sort of an x-factor weapon which can be used against anything at any time.

The biggest problem for me is the shot selection since the rifle gives such a delay. I can fire in many shock primaries before someone disappears out of sight, but with the sniper you have to make sure your first shot is your best shot. Do you guys pause and stand still for half a second before firing though for more precison? Or is it best to just shoot all over the place while moving?

As far as the crosshairs, I'm not yet used to playing with no weapon hand so I'll do it later cause i still end up with the wrong weapon sometimes if it runs out of ammo I don't immediately notice in the heat of the battle lol.

Having one crosshair for all would really mess me up

I never zoom in on it by the way at all, unless my whole team is camping the upper level on deck in TDM or somethin

Comment

I think it s not bad to use the sniper in 1vs1 then u can use the shock primary and if ur enemy have no armor or health it kill him. I like this tactic

Comment

Yeah this guy would hunt me down on deck from up top reignin in sniper shots and shock primaries pretty much the entire match. I lost that duel like 12-5 or somethin so that's why I asked

Comment

Working...
                              X