Link gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link gun

I always notice that the damage indicators (visual and audio) for the Link gun secondary never sync up online. I'm either hearing the gun damage the opponent or Im seeing the visual damage decals, but I rarely have both happen at the same time unless the target is just standing still.

If I have the crosshair on the nme and hear the link burning his skin and hear him grunting in pain, I will not see him being covered in the link dmg decal. I can move the xhair just a tad and the audio hitsounds will stop, but the nme now lights up white with link damage decals.

Which one do i use to know I'm damaging the opponent with link secondary, the audio hit sounds or the visual decals?

AFAIK, if you hear the audio, or see the decals, or both (that happens to me at least), they take damage. So basically just aim at 'em until they fall over and don't get up xD

Comment

its indeed somewhat screwed up. if u add some major ping to these probs, it gets extremely hard to get someone down. because then i have the impression the beam is not there where u are seeing it

Comment

Adding to the confusion , I've seen quite a few players online get a similar adhesion lock on opponents as you get with friendly vehicles and your own team's nodes, ie. a true curvature of the beam and it was definitely dealing damage because he died in mid -air with this curved beam on him.

Comment

If the beam is curved when someone's shooting an enemy that means the server has detected a hit, and your client renders the beam leaving the player at a wrong angle for some reason, but since there's a hit it has to hit the target, so it bends.

Comment

This may be true but when it's at over 90 degrees it looks kinda weird and suspicious. Also god like bots do this offline -record a demo and watch-their beam bends, keeping it locked on you.

Comment

Bots do it all the time, with the curving and the locking on.... I however, can't seem to make it work that way. I have seen players do this as well, and it IS suspicious to me... How do I use the weapon that way? Mine refuses to lock on or curve more than a tiny bit.

Comment

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
                Bots do it all the time, with the curving and the locking on.... I however, can't seem to make it work that way. I have seen players do this as well, and it IS suspicious to me... How do I use the weapon that way? Mine refuses to lock on or curve more than a tiny bit.
                A conspiracy, it seems.

Comment

I notice even average bots do this, the link secondary has a much greater reach, and it does the curving locking thing... I see some players do this online. Is there a trick to this? I get the curving explanation, but why is thier shaft so much longer than mine? Waaahhhhhhh!!!! Funny, but still... is there a trick to making it do that?

Comment

You already do, you just can't see it. Shaft will always be straight line on your end, but for other players in the server it can look like a curved beam.

Comment

Originally posted by jomi294 View Post
                      You already do, you just can't see it. Shaft will always be straight line on your end, but for other players in the server it can look like a curved beam.
                      That explains it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
                        I get the curving explanation, but why is thier shaft so much longer than mine?
                        10 characters

Comment

It could be stretched? It stretches when its locking on

I especially hate how the bots and some people have perfect seeking with the beam and they make it so that it kills you in about 1 sec

Comment

Mine won't stretch And when the guy I'm shooting isn't exactly in front of me he is not hurt either

Comment

Well you do have to lead off-host?

Comment

Working...
                              X