Rockets and Minigun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockets and Minigun

Rockets move significantly faster in UT3 than in any other versions.

Minigun also does way more damage than in previous versions.

It would be really nice if you reduce damage on rockets and minigun...and make rockets move slower please.

All i see is 75% of the noobs on servers are just mindlessly spamming rockets and minigun

Thanks.

omg shok combos r 2 powrful an thy covr a big radus plz nerf epix!!!

Comment

Yeah all you veteran UT players always talkin smack about stinger and rocket laming, while you all are the ones whoring the shock primary and the sniper rifle from across the map

Comment

sniper takes way more skill than rocket spam...especially in UT3 considering they move faster and do way more damage

Shock combos also take more skill in any UT because you need to have the aiming skills to hit the shock core.

Also, the shock cores move much slower and do less damage in UT3 than other versions...making it much easier to dodge them.

Comment

The cores move slower you say? They're lightning fast compared to the ones in 2k4.

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
            Rockets move significantly faster in UT3 than in any other versions.

Minigun also does way more damage than in previous versions.

It would be really nice if you reduce damage on rockets and minigun...and make rockets move slower please.

All i see is 75% of the noobs on servers are just mindlessly spamming rockets and minigun

Thanks.
            If you want the rockets to move slower, why don't you play one of those 'other versions' you are mentioning?

Those 75% noobs spamming mindlessly should be easy to frag, no reason to complain there.

Comment

Stabby, are you a UT2004-player or did you also play UT99 ?
              If you compare the RL and mini with UT2004's equivalents then you will notice the buffs you mentioned.
              But if you compare with UT99 you notice partly significant nerfs. The damageoutput of the RL is in UT99 hardcore 110 or 120 (don't know the exact value), but in UT3 "just" 100. You are also able to load 6 rockets instead of 3.
              I like the weapons the way they are in UT3, because they feel more "classic" than UT2004 weapons.

Regarding Shockrifle:
              The shockcores are a bit smaller than UT2004 ones that is the only reason you could dodge them "easily". Thanks to the increased gamespeed they move in fact faster than in UT2004 and they make more damage (UT3: 55 <-> UT2004 36-40).
              Get used to the game, because pwning rocketspammers is an easy deal with the right weapons and tactics. Keep them at distance and use hitscan weapons.

Comment

i know for a fact that the shock cores move slower in UT3 than UT2004

when i shoot a core from 1 spot to another in UT3...i always shoot it too early because it travels much slower.

i can make a video for comparison if you wanna see

Comment

And to answer your question, I have played all versions of UT

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
                    i know for a fact that the shock cores move slower in UT3 than UT2004

when i shoot a core from 1 spot to another in UT3...i always shoot it too early because it travels much slower.

i can make a video for comparison if you wanna see
                    Ahahahaha, now this I have to see.

Go make that video comparison, please .

Comment

I'd like to see the video comparison as well, because they move a hell of a lot faster in UT3 than in 2k4.

Comment

<3 Rockets.

Only taken me 1 1/2 years to airrox people :x

As for the stinger, bleh, spam

Comment

When I first started playing ut3 on the ps3 I thought rockets were hard to avoid but after playing for well over a year now it's as if i see them coming in slow motion. I don't even need to jump dodge I can usually avoid them just by strafing from side to side unless they're locked on.

As for the mini gun being too powerful, it's funny but I think I've read, at one time or another, complaints about every weapon being over powerful. In fact I think the only weapon I haven't read a complaint about being too powerful is the link gun, of course the way advanced bots use the alternate fire on the link is ridiculous.

The point is, all the weapons are pretty well balanced and in the right hands can all be super deadly.

Comment

I barely ever got hit with rockets in Ut2004, with the ONS game type Rox and Flak were absolutely worthless against a good shock user. So at least the rox are now a viable option. I think with UT3 WAR though ,once you reach a certain number of players it can get too random and chaotic, to the point where everyone is just cancelling each other out and it becomes a laggy spamfest with a redeemer thrown in the mix to break the stalemate. Most WAR maps need more cover, jump pads and lifts so you can at least make it difficult thru good movement.

Comment

game is unplayable pls nerf impact hammer t00 powerful

Comment

Working...
                              X