No announcement yet.

Official Epic Server Player Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Sam. are you talking about Warfare #3?

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
      Well guys, I can't envision changing Official Epic UT3 Warfare #2. I don't think there has been one time I've looked at it this week where it wasn't full with 32 players.

So, Official Epic UT3 Warfare #1 is now 24 players with no titan.

Let me know if it's ok.
      are you gonna increase the player count to 42 on another epic server too?

Originally posted by Sam Stride View Post
      I usually play on Official Epic Server #3 (warfare no titan mutator)... i am in NZ and my ping is around the 250 mark irrespective of player count... i dont see how player count effects ping...

i also dont see why playercount would increase ping

Comment

You haven't read any of the explanation that i posted, did you?

/sigh

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
          Either you have some direct line to a server, or just play on servers with tons of lag all the time. Considering a minimal ping to the US is most likely going to be 100ms from Netherlands.

Unless you're on about the EU ones, in which case it's probably 40ms just to a server.

The thing is. UT3 servers them selves start to get bogged down and lag with much higher player counts, because of a bug introduced with v1.2 (iirc, if not then 1.1) Which took away Multicore processing, one thing the game used quite well, one of the many that actually utilized it. However since 1.2, and the introduction of 64 player counts Multicore processing had vanished somewhere, somehow, and although proof was supplied to Epic from Multiplay, they couldn't figure it out or something.

UT3 which is a very CPU demanding game doesn't use those extra cores it could be. As a result, servers will generally **** out if you have too high a playercount, because somehow, for some reason, it can't handle the load.

This was tested back on Patch 1.1/1.2 with a 64 player warfare server, it never reached the magic 64. Because it crashed around the 40-50ish player mark.

Now the chances of it being servers not being up to the job is possible, but something i highly doubt. Even if it is, theres obviously a problem if it can't handle a 64 player game.

Which means until that gets fixed, you will, without a doubt end up with players lagging. And as it hasn't been addressed in the 3 odd patches since, i doubt it will be. Players will then continue to complain about the lag. because, if it didn't exist, people wouldn't complain. But as they do, it's obviously there.
          Ok for those people that say that there's no lag on 32slot servers, please read what crazy wrote. especially you vonnis

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
            Lemon Chiffon? Who comes up with this stuff?

LOL!

Vonnis, 32 players is the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
              Hi Sam. are you talking about Warfare #3?
              Yes flak... that's the one. I can confirm that its not just me coz a few others who play from AU/NZ face the same problem. It's not a big deal but if you can look into it that would be good... since most of them dont even know about the workaround... i told some of them though... the trick to get in

crazy... i have logitech g15 and i have a plugin that shows me cpu and memory utilization on the keyboards display... ever since the very beginning both the cores on my amd 5600+ x2 are being utilised 100%... am i missing something?

i dunno... from NZ my ping is hardly dependant on player count... 250 is ok i guess considering theres a massive ocean in between... lol

Comment

I've just restarted it, let me know if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Stride View Post
                  Yes flak... that's the one. I can confirm that its not just me coz a few others who play from AU/NZ face the same problem. It's not a big deal but if you can look into it that would be good... since most of them dont even know about the workaround... i told some of them though... the trick to get in

crazy... i have logitech g15 and i have a plugin that shows me cpu and memory utilization on the keyboards display... ever since the very beginning both the cores on my amd 5600+ x2 are being utilised 100%... am i missing something?

i dunno... from NZ my ping is hardly dependant on player count... 250 is ok i guess considering theres a massive ocean in between... lol
                  Servers, not clients. For some reason its broken there.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, Flak. The only thing is that I was referring to vanilla warfare, as were the majority of the posters in this thread I do believe. I think the one you got changed to 24 player is running the Titan mutator.

Comment

Working...
                    X