Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Flak View Post
    Wait, I'm confused, why aren't you guys using the 24 player server we have already?

Is that in the US or EU? EU servers are way too high ping now since the last 2 patches and the ones that are under 200 ping are all titan. I used to play on them all the time, not any more.

Titan servers are not warfare servers. They are titan servers. The only warfare server is the 32 player, the others in the US are titan servers, they are always empty or nearly empty.

I do not know why, but as soon as you get more than 24 peeps on that server, it lags badly. In places like prime node or flood node in heavy action, it gets so bad the keys and mouse stop responding at times. Loads of players complain about it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [GOW] Daquila View Post
    why bother having a 32 player online game when the maps are made for 16 players max...
    I agree 100%. The stock maps are not built for more than 16 players. Warfare stagnates when there's too many players. The recommended player count for stock Warfare maps never exceeds 16 so just practice what you preach.

I would prefer to see Epic host two 16 player servers rather than one 32.... even two 12 player servers rather than one 24.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The 24 player server, Warfare #1 with titan is full.

I'll monitor the other two warfare servers today to see which has a lower player count and perhaps switch that over to 24 players with no titan. Just be aware I'll need to get approval first.
    could you also decide upon the 32slot EU warfare/vctf servers?

most of the time they are full, but people complain 24/7 about lag and high pings, as the average ping is 100-150ms on those servers.
    so in order to prevent more complaints and ensure more fun, why not decrease EU warfare and vctf servers to 24 slots?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The name of the server is more important than the player count, so even if you reduce Server #1's count, it won't help, because most of the regulars play only non-Titan games on #2.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And Cr4zy enters as if on cue!

There is your man aCRaSSiCauDa. I'm pretty sure they have plenty of options currently though. Not just official Epic servers but their own as well.

Daquila: There are no plans for that at this time.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Personally i prefer 20 player warfare publics, rather then 32. It not only has less lag, but they usually end up being better games.

Although you can't beat a great 5v5 pickup game either (#mpukut3.warfare - Quakenet)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks

will epic ever consider hosting custom maps that can accommodate a higher 24+ player count? (like WAR-Marooned)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [GOW] Daquila View Post
    because it's running titan...
    The 24 player server, Warfare #1 with titan is full.

I'll monitor the other two warfare servers today to see which has a lower player count and perhaps switch that over to 24 players with no titan. Just be aware I'll need to get approval first.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The OP is talking about the US servers.

Official Epic UT3 Warfare #1, Official Epic UT3 Warfare #2 and Official Epic UT3 Warfare #3 are US servers.

As far as I'm aware, the player counts have worked out well on the EU servers and there have been no complaints. If there are issues however I can point one of the Multiplay guys to this thread.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wait, I'm confused, why aren't you guys using the 24 player server we have already?

because it's running titan...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    why bother having a 32 player online game when the maps are made for 16 players max...

Leave a comment:

• replied

That's in the US... how about Europe?

Also if all servers get lowered down to 24 instead of 32 you can put more 24 slots servers?

One last question that confuses me all the time

Epic vCTF,Warfare...etc #1 are in Europe and #2 in US or what?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    24 is less laggy, though there's less cannon fodder to get monster kills from

My main concern though, is being able to find a slot to play. Only one non-Titan Warfare server is populated these days, and that is Epic Server #2 and it has the full 32 players some of the time. So if the slots are reduced to 24, 8 players won't be able to get a decent warfare game on a US server. The solution is for the people to populate a different server, but that never happens. Earlier it was only UMG and now it's only Epic server #2. That coupled with no custom maps = sad

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My answer in this poll is dependant of which map are we talking about, so I am not answering.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *cough* multicore support *cough*
    atm 32slots are unplayable, as ut3 doesnt offer multicore support . actually it used to work, but it was borked with patch 1.3 and hasnt been fixed.

24p should be max for warfare, but imo 20slots are ideal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X