No announcement yet.

Official Epic Server Player Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24-32-36 are the ideals imo. Though, I prefer 32's.
    Originally posted by vonnis View Post
    also why would you need a idle kick? there is an nice future in the game wich is called "kick vote"
    if it really annoys peole then they will kick them, and as you can see it doesnt happen. meaning that noone has a problem with it right?
    It took me months to find out UT3 had a vote kick option. It's buried in the score list. I really doubt many even know of it.

And this one time in Tank Crossing, there was a guy using speedhack so few people tried to kick him, maybe 4, but the rest didn't do anything. I highly doubt this is because no-one would have a problem with it as people were complaining about it. Same goes for juggernaut spawnkillers - people complain, but still no kicking.

Comment

It's all about the gameplay. As fun and chaotic as 32 player spamfests can be, they are also very choppy and laggy.

Some new guy buys the game, starts up multiplayer and joins the populated 32 player server. He is warping and stuttering all over. He thinks this is how the game always plays so he uninstalls it and tells his Call of Duty buddies that ut3 is a lag-fest. They respect his opinion and don't buy the game.

Quality is better than quantity in this situation.

I also noticed after the titan patch that Epic seemed concerned with how player counts show up in server browser . More populated servers with less player counts look better than just 2 or 3 full 32 player servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasolin3 View Post
        Same goes for juggernaut spawnkillers - people complain, but still no kicking.
        And this is the reason i think Epic wouldn't ever add a kick vote. You would seriously vote to kick someone for owning everyone and camping a juggernaut?
        Here is a tip, stop whining and camp the camper... Revenge is sweet!!

Comment

Originally posted by Harmerty View Post
          They are talking about American Epic Servers.
          epic server #1 and epic server 2# arent american??..
          if not then why dont the american players connect to the american servers and the europe guys to the europe?

People just start kicking people to be smart*sses.
          And this is the reason i think Epic wouldn't ever add a kick vote. You would seriously vote to kick someone for owning everyone and camping a juggernaut?
          there already IS a kick vote option. and it doesnt happen..

The people who are posting on this thread are the people who play on the servers in question.
          a highly doubt that all players of UT3 are on this forum, i dont think its even 2 percent of all regular players.
          for instance i play Unreal since 2004 on regular basis and i just registered a few weeks ago so i doubt it very much.

I guess you didn't actually read the posts in this thread before commenting... Servers with that amount of player count, get laggy!!! You want the servers to be even more laggy?
          as i said i dont get lag.

i dont see the problem, i can understand people want 1 server with a max of 24 players for people with old comps and 28k modems but i dont think its neccesary to reduce all Epics servers player counts.
          if so then it would also be nice add 1 server with increased player count lik 42 or something.
          it has already been proven that poeple like crowded servers, its total nonsense to say people would uninstall the game because there are 2 servers that are laggy. You are only talking about 1 or 2 servers of 1 gametype.

You can better concentrate on the real problems like false player count and false ping in the server browser and not possible to see the playernames in the browser like UT2004.
          and add new cutom maps and the ability to force clients to download custom models.

Comment

i dont see the problem, i can understand people want 1 server with a max of 24 players for people with old comps and 28k modems but i dont think its neccesary to reduce all Epics servers player counts.
            if so then it would also be nice add 1 server with increased player count lik 42 or something.
            There are two servers with 64slots... I will congratulate you if you find someone playing there.

Comment

if not then why dont the american players connect to the american servers and the europe guys to the europe?

there already IS a kick vote option. and it doesnt happen..

a highly doubt that all players of UT3 are on this forum, i dont think its even 2 percent of all regular players.
              for instance i play Unreal since 2004 on regular basis and i just registered a few weeks ago so i doubt it very much.

it has already been proven that poeple like crowded servers, its total nonsense to say people would uninstall the game because there are 2 servers that are laggy. You are only talking about 1 or 2 servers of 1 gametype.

You can better concentrate on the real problems like false player count and false ping in the server browser and not possible to see the playernames in the browser like UT2004.
              and add new cutom maps and the ability to force clients to download custom models.

WHOAH...real problems and forcing clients to download custom models. uhm no thx. why should i want to download your custom character.

i guess you play directly at the mpuk 32p server if you think there's no lag on a 32player spamfest. what i think is, that you dont know the difference between a smooth running server and a laggy one, as you only play on lagfestivals.

but maybe you should also consider not everyone is directly connected to the mpuk servers with a fiberglass connection, and people still stumble across the internet with their 20mbit adsl connection. sigh

Comment

The servers that were being talked about, again from the Original Post are called Official Epic UT3 Warfare #[insert number here].
                The servers that you are referring to are the Euro Servers and have the name of Epic Warfare #[insert number here].
                You are right, not all of the people who use the servers that are in question visit Epic Forums but most of the regular users who use the US Epic Servers, know about the complaints and are the ones who come here speaking up about things that they see.
                You have a very rare connection if you don't and i demand you let me use it !!

Comment

Originally posted by PinkyRing View Post
                  WHOAH...real problems and forcing clients to download custom models. uhm no thx. why should i want to download your custom character.
                  No not forcing everyone to download my models on each server, but giving the ability for server-admins to force people to download models on that particular server, (the same idea as downloading maps if you connect to a server) you could even make on option for people that dont want to dowload custom models.

The servers that were being talked about, again from the Original Post are called Official Epic UT3 Warfare #[insert number here].
                  The servers that you are referring to are the Euro Servers and have the name of Epic Warfare #[insert number here].
                  Okey so decrease the max player count of 1 of the Epic Warfare (USA)to 24
                  and increase the the max player count of 1 of the Epic Warfare (EU) to 42.
                  problem solved

i havent noticed any lag an the major epic servers. i mostly play on the servers that are high in rank on Gametracker and i know 1 of them is located in US.
                  btw i have a 500KByte/s connection

Comment

Here's a list of all the EPIC servers:
                    http://www.gametracker.com/search/ut3/?query=epic

According to gametracker all of them except the one that seems to be full 24/7 is located in the USA. It's located in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
                      Here's a list of all the EPIC servers:
                      http://www.gametracker.com/search/ut3/?query=epic

According to gametracker all of them except the one that seems to be full 24/7 is located in the USA. It's located in the UK
                      Here's a better link: http://www.theclq.com/ags/servers.ph...&namepart=epic

There's 16 Epic servers; half in the US, half in the UK.

Comment

servers by country http://www.gametracker.com/search/ut...chpge=1#search

pretty weird,
                        no servers in china, japan, india, south-africa.
                        they ^ are pretty big country's.

Code:

1   brazil
                        1   finland
                        1   israel
                        1   italy
                        1   latvia
                        1   romania
                        1   sweden
                        2   chile
                        2   australia
                        2   South Korea
                        2   zambia
                        3   portugal
                        3   Ukraine
                        5   argentina
                        5   canada
                        7   austria
                        7   france
                        7   hungary
                        9   poland
                        19  netherlands
                        20  russia
                        38  United Kingdom
                        52  Germany
                        183 United states of America

Comment

I voted for 24, because of lag... however last night epic2 was jammed (32 ppl) and we had some really good games, not too much lag, and the "bullets" were flying. @PinkyRing... Why would you want to download my character? Because you miss the old days, when the roar of the mighty Skaarj echoed through arenas all over the universe, and struck fear in the hearts of their enemies... when the most hated thing was seeing a victorious Skaarj flipping his natty dreads. Thanks EE! Back on topic... it really stinks that when a server is full, you go to spectate and wait for a slot to open, and then you can't join, but others can who were not spectating... you have to disco/reconnect to get in. Kinda dumb. People joining "off the street" have a higher priority than people in the spectator slots. Fix please. Wah!

Comment

servers by country http://www.gametracker.com/search/ut...chpge=1#search

pretty weird,
                            no servers in china, japan, india, south-africa.
                            they ^ are pretty big country's.

Code:

1   brazil
                            1   finland
                            1   israel
                            1   italy
                            1   latvia
                            1   romania
                            1   sweden
                            2   chile
                            2   australia
                            2   South Korea
                            2   zambia
                            3   portugal
                            3   Ukraine
                            5   argentina
                            5   canada
                            7   austria
                            7   france
                            7   hungary
                            9   poland
                            19  netherlands
                            20  russia
                            38  United Kingdom
                            52  Germany
                            183 United states of America
                            We have two servers here in South Africa:
                            http://www.gametracker.com/search/ut...tion&order=asc
                            Actually just one that matters, the other one was badly run.

Comment

Well guys, I can't envision changing Official Epic UT3 Warfare #2. I don't think there has been one time I've looked at it this week where it wasn't full with 32 players.

So, Official Epic UT3 Warfare #1 is now 24 players with no titan.

Let me know if it's ok.

Comment

I usually play on Official Epic Server #3 (warfare no titan mutator)... i am in NZ and my ping is around the 250 mark irrespective of player count... i dont see how player count effects ping...

flak i face a problem when i try to connect to it... even if the server is not full I cant connect on the first attempt... i need to cancel it and try it again... maybe 3-4 times after which it sometimes works... any ideas what is happening flak?

Comment

Working...
                                X