Official Epic Server Player Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The OP is talking about the US servers.

Official Epic UT3 Warfare #1, Official Epic UT3 Warfare #2 and Official Epic UT3 Warfare #3 are US servers.

As far as I'm aware, the player counts have worked out well on the EU servers and there have been no complaints. If there are issues however I can point one of the Multiplay guys to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by [GOW] Daquila View Post
      because it's running titan...
      The 24 player server, Warfare #1 with titan is full.

I'll monitor the other two warfare servers today to see which has a lower player count and perhaps switch that over to 24 players with no titan. Just be aware I'll need to get approval first.

Comment

thanks

will epic ever consider hosting custom maps that can accommodate a higher 24+ player count? (like WAR-Marooned)

Comment

Personally i prefer 20 player warfare publics, rather then 32. It not only has less lag, but they usually end up being better games.

Although you can't beat a great 5v5 pickup game either (#mpukut3.warfare - Quakenet)

Comment

And Cr4zy enters as if on cue!

There is your man aCRaSSiCauDa. I'm pretty sure they have plenty of options currently though. Not just official Epic servers but their own as well.

Daquila: There are no plans for that at this time.

Comment

The name of the server is more important than the player count, so even if you reduce Server #1's count, it won't help, because most of the regulars play only non-Titan games on #2.

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                The 24 player server, Warfare #1 with titan is full.

I'll monitor the other two warfare servers today to see which has a lower player count and perhaps switch that over to 24 players with no titan. Just be aware I'll need to get approval first.
                could you also decide upon the 32slot EU warfare/vctf servers?

most of the time they are full, but people complain 24/7 about lag and high pings, as the average ping is 100-150ms on those servers.
                so in order to prevent more complaints and ensure more fun, why not decrease EU warfare and vctf servers to 24 slots?

Comment

Originally posted by [GOW] Daquila View Post
                  why bother having a 32 player online game when the maps are made for 16 players max...
                  I agree 100%. The stock maps are not built for more than 16 players. Warfare stagnates when there's too many players. The recommended player count for stock Warfare maps never exceeds 16 so just practice what you preach.

I would prefer to see Epic host two 16 player servers rather than one 32.... even two 12 player servers rather than one 24.

Comment

Wait, I'm confused, why aren't you guys using the 24 player server we have already?

Is that in the US or EU? EU servers are way too high ping now since the last 2 patches and the ones that are under 200 ping are all titan. I used to play on them all the time, not any more.

Titan servers are not warfare servers. They are titan servers. The only warfare server is the 32 player, the others in the US are titan servers, they are always empty or nearly empty.

I do not know why, but as soon as you get more than 24 peeps on that server, it lags badly. In places like prime node or flood node in heavy action, it gets so bad the keys and mouse stop responding at times. Loads of players complain about it.

Comment

Wait, I'm confused, why aren't you guys using the 24 player server we have already?

There are better servers that we could be playing on, but it's impossible to corral everyone into another server. We could try and get a few people in the better server, but what happens is that a we play a few matches, a few people join. Then people leave, it empties out, and the server dies again. Meanwhile, Epic Server #2 routinely has people, even at early hours of the morning. Everyone knows that's the active server, so that's where everyone goes.

On the European side, it's partly our (pub clan) fault . We seem to have one of the most active Warfare server on that side of the pond. It's a 28 player server with Titan. It's active so there's not a lot of desire to change the settings, though some of us wouldn't mind seeing it change to 24 slot without Titan. But, of course, if you change it, you run the risk of many players deserting the server for something else...

Comment

i dont understand, i never have lag on Epic server #1 and 2# and i live in the netherlands,
                        i dont see the problem, if people keep joining then that says enough right?.. it means they have no problem with it.

also why would you need a idle kick? there is an nice future in the game wich is called "kick vote"
                        if it really annoys peole then they will kick them, and as you can see it doesnt happen. meaning that noone has a problem with it right?

sorry maybe im thinking wrong or to democratic but why would you want a few people on a forum let decide over many online players?
                        why not just let the players decide?

i actually voted for "other because the option 36 or more was not availble.
                        i cant help other people have stonehenge computers.
                        also i like many people because it makes the game extra entertaining. it doesnt have the name WARFARE for nothing> its WARFARE!! war is many people fighting eacother like complete anarchy,
                        i like complete anarchy.

so please Epic make an 36 or 42 player server....

Comment

Originally posted by vonnis View Post
                          snip some stuff
                          Either you have some direct line to a server, or just play on servers with tons of lag all the time. Considering a minimal ping to the US is most likely going to be 100ms from Netherlands.

Unless you're on about the EU ones, in which case it's probably 40ms just to a server.

The thing is. UT3 servers them selves start to get bogged down and lag with much higher player counts, because of a bug introduced with v1.2 (iirc, if not then 1.1) Which took away Multicore processing, one thing the game used quite well, one of the many that actually utilized it. However since 1.2, and the introduction of 64 player counts Multicore processing had vanished somewhere, somehow, and although proof was supplied to Epic from Multiplay, they couldn't figure it out or something.

UT3 which is a very CPU demanding game doesn't use those extra cores it could be. As a result, servers will generally **** out if you have too high a playercount, because somehow, for some reason, it can't handle the load.

This was tested back on Patch 1.1/1.2 with a 64 player warfare server, it never reached the magic 64. Because it crashed around the 40-50ish player mark.

Now the chances of it being servers not being up to the job is possible, but something i highly doubt. Even if it is, theres obviously a problem if it can't handle a 64 player game.

Which means until that gets fixed, you will, without a doubt end up with players lagging. And as it hasn't been addressed in the 3 odd patches since, i doubt it will be. Players will then continue to complain about the lag. because, if it didn't exist, people wouldn't complain. But as they do, it's obviously there.

Comment

24 max .EU guys that dont like titan play in the raptor server and that server suxx TOO bad.I dont get it why they dont use the multiplay one tbfh.I think a non titan epic server would have been more populated.Seems that the "epic official" name on a server gets it popular.

Comment

COLOR="LemonChiffon"
                              Lemon Chiffon? Who comes up with this stuff?

Originally posted by xtremexp View Post

Admins, please activate "kick-idlers" option
                              Yes please, sometimes people will be AFK for over an hour.

Originally posted by ThaMarine View Post
                              My answer in this poll is dependant of which map are we talking about, so I am not answering.
                              A server has to have a strict number chosen for it. It is not variable dependant on map. So if you were stuck with only one choice, for every map, what would you prefer? That's the question.

Comment

i dont understand, i never have lag on Epic server #1 and 2# and i live in the netherlands,
                                i dont see the problem, if people keep joining then that says enough right?.. it means they have no problem with it.
                                They are talking about American Epic Servers.

also why would you need a idle kick? there is an nice future in the game wich is called "kick vote"
                                if it really annoys peole then they will kick them, and as you can see it doesnt happen. meaning that noone has a problem with it right?
                                People just start kicking people to be smart*sses.

sorry maybe im thinking wrong or to democratic but why would you want a few people on a forum let decide over many online players?
                                why not just let the players decide?
                                The people who are posting on this thread are the people who play on the servers in question.

i actually voted for "other because the option 36 or more was not availble.
                                i cant help other people have stonehenge computers.
                                also i like many people because it makes the game extra entertaining. it doesnt have the name WARFARE for nothing> its WARFARE!! war is many people fighting eacother like complete anarchy,
                                i like complete anarchy.

so please Epic make an 36 or 42 player server....
                                I guess you didn't actually read the posts in this thread before commenting... Servers with that amount of player count, get laggy!!! You want the servers to be even more laggy?

Comment

Working...
                                X