Official Epic Server Player Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Epic Server Player Count

In my opinion 32 players is way too many. The servers/netcode can't handle that many players and gameplay becomes very laggy and choppy. At least from where I'm sitting it does. If I join the Official Epic server when it has 15 players I'm pinging 105. I average around 150 when it's full, with spikes over 200.

What do you think the ideal player count is for warfare pubs?

I always wanted to say that but I thought my request would be ignored among all players... 32 is unplayable for me.

Voted 24.

Comment

I prefer 24 as well. UMG was very popular for a full year, and I've played some of the most entertaining Warfare matches there. It had 24 players slots, and I've always thought that was perfect.

Comment

I saw a 4 slot warfare server today :S

Comment

Originally posted by Wexus View Post
          I saw a 4 slot warfare server today :S
          That's probably campaign

Comment

I'll see what I can do, no promises.

Comment

I voted 24. If its 32 my ping goes up and fps under 20 when in action.

Comment

Wait, I'm confused, why aren't you guys using the 24 player server we have already?

Comment

Admins, please add more spectators slots (4 slots would be nice)
                  With only 2 spectators slots that's kinda low mainly for servers with 32p servers. I prefer go to spectator mode than just waiting in server browser to get rid of this "Server is full try reconnect later" message thing.

Admins, please activate "kick-idlers" option in
                  Webadmin->General->Connection>Kick Idlers=True
                  This is kinda annoying sometimes to see unbalanced team just because there are about 3-4 guys in a team just being afk ...

Well as for the topic,
                  i think 32p gameservers are great but there are some maps which always lag.
                  I think netcode is probably not enough optimized.
                  UT3 supports up to 64p but there are no server >40players just because it lags a lot. (64p servers needs 1Gb internet connection +Xeon Quad processor + 8 Gb of memory to run correctly?)

Comment

*cough* multicore support *cough*
                    atm 32slots are unplayable, as ut3 doesnt offer multicore support . actually it used to work, but it was borked with patch 1.3 and hasnt been fixed.

24p should be max for warfare, but imo 20slots are ideal.

Comment

My answer in this poll is dependant of which map are we talking about, so I am not answering.

Comment

24 is less laggy, though there's less cannon fodder to get monster kills from

My main concern though, is being able to find a slot to play. Only one non-Titan Warfare server is populated these days, and that is Epic Server #2 and it has the full 32 players some of the time. So if the slots are reduced to 24, 8 players won't be able to get a decent warfare game on a US server. The solution is for the people to populate a different server, but that never happens. Earlier it was only UMG and now it's only Epic server #2. That coupled with no custom maps = sad

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
                          Wait, I'm confused, why aren't you guys using the 24 player server we have already?

That's in the US... how about Europe?

Also if all servers get lowered down to 24 instead of 32 you can put more 24 slots servers?

One last question that confuses me all the time

Epic vCTF,Warfare...etc #1 are in Europe and #2 in US or what?

Thanks

Comment

why bother having a 32 player online game when the maps are made for 16 players max...

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post

because it's running titan...

Comment

Working...
                              X