Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avril weapon switch speed?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Avril weapon switch speed?

    Is it diff depending on which weapon ur switching from?

    It seems sometimes I can pull out avril within a sec, then there are other times it seems to take way over 3 sec to switch to (these r usually the times i get ran over). Is there a way to know how long my switch time is going to be or is it random bs?

    #2
    did you let it reload before you switched to another weapon? because if you didnt and you switch to your avril it will have to reload first.

    that means if you switch to another weapon straight after shooting an avril, you will have to wait longer till you can shoot again when you switch back to it.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Bi()ha2arD View Post
      did you let it reload before you switched to another weapon? because if you didnt and you switch to your avril it will have to reload first.

      that means if you switch to another weapon straight after shooting an avril, you will have to wait longer till you can shoot again when you switch back to it.
      I know what the op poster means -it has to be one of the buggiest weapons in ut3. There are certainly times when it takes longer to switch to and fro. Was something changed in the recent patches to make reload complete more fully before switch, because it won't let me cut short the process now for a quick switch?

      Other problems too, like sometimes you switch to a previously unused avril and it goes straight into reload mode - or it lets you fire and it makes the fire sound but no avril rocket comes out. The reload time is definitely inconsistent(like the dropped orb countdown timer), seems longer when you need it most in heavy action.

      Comment


        #4
        I agree.... very frustrating to jump off your board and fire, KNOWING you put one in the chamber before surfing out there... and your still fumbling with it as you get run over.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Liol54 View Post
          it lets you fire and it makes the fire sound but no avril rocket comes out. The reload time is definitely inconsistent(like the dropped orb countdown timer), seems longer when you need it most in heavy action.
          That's a pretty annoying bug. But I think the dropped orb countdown is by design, if it's the blue orb and a blue player is nearby, it takes longer to die than if no one was close by.

          Comment


            #6
            It depends, if the avril is un-used( u didn't just fire with it) then it depends on what weapon you switch to. Shock is the fastest "switch to" weapon and sniper/stinger/avril are the hardest. So if ur avril wasn't just used, the "switch to" times are this:
            shock(fastest to switch to and shoot with)<enforcer<link<RL<flak (sometimes the shards leave before the weapon reaches it's normal holding position so it looks like it's lagy and it disorients you)<stinger= sniper=avril( in "switch to" and shoot speed they are similar i think, the avril takes more to switch to and sniper takes more to shoot with and stinger kinda takes time for both >.>).

            not sure about bio wep but its a fast "switch to" and shoot wep ...somewhere between enforcer and RL.

            about hammer, both times it takes to switch to and charge up are the biggest so its top of the list...

            The "switch from" times are equal if the weapon wasn't previously used. If you just shot with the avril, it will take more time to switch to another weapon(and you will have to press the button for that weapon more than once...like 2 or 3 times, if you use the scroll to switch between weps, you will have to wait until the avril recharged and it's nasty).Also if you don't wait for it to recharge and switch, when you switch to it again you will have to wait to recharge so make sure you always let it recharge so you can blow a manta fast if you run into one.

            You dont have to let it through the entire recharging process, you can switch after you see the rocket in the barrel, you dont have to wait for it to close and until the avril reaches it's normal holding position.(that saves like 1 or 2 seconds of your time which is very important trust me)

            It's also harder to switch from a sniper after you used it and while zooming.

            Another super hard to "switch from" weapon is the charged hammer. It takes forever to switch from it if charged -_-.

            When it takes like 3 seconds to switch to, then it's because of the lag (ping or your computer)...so yeah, pretty much random bs .

            There are times when the avril recharges super fast, like when you have beserk...i think thats a glitch.


            The orb count stops and waits at 1 if someone in the same team (same team as the orb :P ) has it in his line of sight and is relatively close to it(as in, not on the other side of the map)." Line of sight" can be behind an obstacle. When the orb is on the ground you see it's icon through any obstacle, you only need to see the icon, not the orb itself. Usually if you see the icon/orb and the timer stops, it will wait at 1 enough time for you to travel to it(use hover to be sure, but normal walking will be enough i think). If you sit by and look at it, it will blow eventually.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
              I agree.... very frustrating to jump off your board and fire, KNOWING you put one in the chamber before surfing out there... and your still fumbling with it as you get run over.
              If I am on foot and shoot it, if I can I will wait till it reloads before I put the avril away. If I am in a fire fight and I use it to kill a manta, I will switch and kill some one, then BEFORE I go anywhere else on map and when the coast is clear I will switch back to the avril to make it reload and then switch back to another weapon.

              There is an exemption. If I am in a vehicle, such as DW, I will get out, shoot and avril and jump back in (dont wait to reload) then when I need it again, jump out and shoot RIGHT away. It seems to reload while I am in the vehicle. Use this to your advantage.

              Comment


                #8
                When I have fired avril I switch on link gun and I can shoot right away, rocket launcher needs time to reload.

                Originally posted by radu1234 View Post
                The orb count stops and waits at 1 if someone in the same team (same team as the orb :P ) has it in his line of sight and is relatively close to it(as in, not on the other side of the map)." Line of sight" can be behind an obstacle. When the orb is on the ground you see it's icon through any obstacle, you only need to see the icon, not the orb itself. Usually if you see the icon/orb and the timer stops, it will wait at 1 enough time for you to travel to it(use hover to be sure, but normal walking will be enough i think). If you sit by and look at it, it will blow eventually.
                I have noticed this too and its pretty useful. Just keeping crosshair on orb and going towards it keeps orb alive.

                Comment


                  #9
                  link<RL
                  or dunno what u meant

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Fix it by yourself!

                    Originally posted by Nightmare85
                    Currently, there are 2 work-arounds available.
                    They are not perfect but better than nothing.
                    However, scrolling with mouse does not work so far:
                    (I'm still talking about the quick switching after an Avril shot - normal switching always works.)
                    Using macros (requires extra software)
                    Using keybinding commands (does not require anything)
                    Off-topic:
                    I see many users have been banned from Epic Forums.
                    That happens when I'm offline many weeks, lol^^

                    Greets

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Greets Nightmare! Old thread... On topic, lately a lot of avrils slam into the manta and explode, but the manta is unharmed.....Suxxes! Wah!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I have no problems firing an avril then switching to any weapon, after the vehicle or person is dead I take out avril and wait for at least 3 seconds then put it back. I can't see the reload animation so I gotta take a chance everytime.

                        I have all my important weapons bound to keys;

                        R;Rockets/Flak
                        F;Shock
                        V;Sniper
                        G;Link/Stinger
                        Shift/Caps; Avril


                        People often ask me how I skip the avril reload animation, thing is I don't know how, by the time I fire the avril and can see it on my screen I've already switched weapons.

                        @Demon, I've had that bug alot, You see the avril explode but the manta stays intact, I think it happens mostly with players that ping 150+. Who knows.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          On foot you should always wait a few seconds after firing before switching weapons. As everyone says, you have to wait until it fully reloads before firing again - so you need to do this after your last shot or before your next. Its obviously best to do this when you've just killed your enemy than when one is coming at you in a manta!

                          The AVRiL will also reload when you are in a vehicle or on your hoverboard. In all honesty... you should ALWAYS have the AVRiL equipped when you are on your hoverboard or in a vehicle.

                          This is worth 5+ kills a game and saves you 5+ deaths.

                          I do think there is a bug that sometimes when it "beeps" - like the RL does when it locks onto a target - it delays your firing time. So sometimes it really takes ages to shoot or just bugs out and you're dead.

                          I also don't like that you cannot shoot straight at an enemy. A "headshot" (ie perfect accuracy) at close range on a manta means you've missed as it tries to alter its course to best hit the manta. Stupid thing!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by SilentSounds View Post
                            People often ask me how I skip the avril reload animation, thing is I don't know how, by the time I fire the avril and can see it on my screen I've already switched weapons.
                            Because you switch more slowly than them.
                            If you shoot an Avril and try to change the weapons some milliseconds later, you will see the reload sequence.
                            If you do this after 1 second (as example; I'm sure it works faster) you will skip the reload sequence.
                            It's a strange thing and I'm sure it's the result of the Avril fast firing exploit-fix which was introduced with patch 2.0 beta 2 (or 3, not sure).

                            But as said:
                            If someone really has problems, try out my two methods which I wrote some posts ago, they worked fine for me!

                            Greets

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Lillien
                              The AVRiL will also reload when you are in a vehicle or on your hoverboard
                              hmm, the AVRIL doesn't reload in vehicles. If you leave a manta, shoot the avril and get right back in, it doesn't reload and next time you leave the manta you will have to wait for it to reload ... that's what i remember at least.

                              Right after you shoot the AVRIL, if you press the key for another weapon 2 times, even as fast as you can, it switches with no delay(well only with the delay it takes you to press a key 2 times which is very small). It takes less that a second between an AVRIL shot and a shock rifle shot for ex.

                              Originally posted by Nightmare85
                              I see many users have been banned from Epic Forums.
                              That happens when I'm offline many weeks, lol^^
                              Shi.t happens

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X