Does anyone use feign death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone use feign death?

I thought this was useless untill i saw some guys effectively use it on suspense

1) in a fierce gun fight, one guy feigns death, so i thought he dies and move on - the f**** gets up and shoots me from behind.

2) One guy feigned death near our flag around the back - once vehicles came in for back up he gets up and grabs the flag. He used it to wait for back up!

besides these i still think its useless :P

I barely use feign death but it is not that bad.
    Maybe it would be better if there wouldn't be that one sound when you feign death.
    Even if you are in air and feign death the enemy will "hear" it.
    Sometimes it's your only chance to avoid a Manta if you see it too late.
    However, it's luck if you will survive it.
    Either the Manta decides to ignore you because he has another aim or a team mate will help you.

Feign death can also be useful to camp near Nodes or cores because enemies will not see you as quickly as if you would crouch or stay.
    (However, I can't remember when I did it the last time^^)

I think it's not improved enough to be used much.
    If there wouldn't be that stupid sound and if the players even would grunt, it could be indeed a useful gimmick.

Greets

Comment

When I see somebody on the ground, I put a rocket in them. Ammo is cheap. I am always suprised when I see "you killed playername" because I do it routinely, and hardly ever see a kill. I got caught like that once in a game changing situation, and I don't want that to happen again, so it's just habit now. Cheers!

Comment

If you use it by any chance switch to some smaller weapon. When you see someone on the ground and rocket launcher in his arms it's pretty obvious.
        And as Demon I too always shoot the people on the ground to make sure, so I think it's useless near players, maybe good when you want to hide somewhere so other guys don't see you.

Comment

Ah, there is also the thing, that the Rocket Launcher will lock the players as targets.
          If they would be dead, the Rocket Launcher would not lock them.

I also like to shoot at players who lie on the ground^^

Greets

Comment

Yeah, I like it when people fein death, you get a free kill lol. If you don't see the "you so and so" message they haven't actually died.

Comment

It always works better in huge fights because the enemies will probably assume that someone else killed you and move on.

Comment

I guess it depends how big the fight is. I'm usually pretty aware when someone has been shot and should be dead or not. I always laugh when someone thinks they're going to be able to feign death.

I use it to drop the orb when I'm low on health.

Comment

I use feign death in particular on servers in which titan mutator is on. Almost always when an enemy titan dies you will not take damages after the explosion if you use feign death when you are behind an object.

Comment

Never ever ever use it but I tried it on corruption the other day and I got stuck in a glitch. >_<

Comment

Jesus

Lol, joke aside im a christian so don't flame me please.

If I see a body and its holding a gun then I blast it, simple, if your dead the the gun is gone or picked up...

Comment

I'm a Christian myself...

It's a little gimmicky though I do recall that it was in the original Unreal Tournament and then taken out of the UE2-based games. It can be useful, like feigning in a normally busy room while no one else is there, though there's a lot of other risk involved then too. In that case, someone could be coming in just as you feign (very little chance you're getting out of that one) or this big fight starts between a couple players right over you and you get smashed with some guy's flak shell...it's a risk, though it has its useful times if you're a more strategic player.

Comment

It's actually useful for more than tricking people into thinking you're dead. If you've ever tried to get to a spot just a tiny bit higher than you're double jump will take you, just feign death and you'll get that extra height. Hoverboard is also useful for the same thing.

If anyone has ever heard of Bunny Track maps. It's useful in those and sometimes required.

Comment

Forgot about that too and I have used it for that as well...

Comment

I only use it for the LOLs, roof diving, falling up stairs, etc.

I'm a clutz in real life so feign death is perfect for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X