No announcement yet.

Do you care about your UT3 stats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes stats seem to have become broken after 2.0.

Sadly I think the changes to how stats are presented vs 2k4 , including the now missing, level of detailed info available, replaced with the simplified version , albeit flashy, says quite a bit about who UT3 was targeted at, i.e, a much younger audience.

Sure any franchise needs new players, but the age polls here revealed a much larger loyal adult UT following, players who've always seen UT as unmatched, crazy skill, fun escapism , players who feel almost embarrassed now, playing a kids game full of Titans and silly rewards.

Comment

Maybe I shouldn't, but I do.

Comment

What does the ELO rank mean?

Comment

I used to never care about stats (including steam achievements) until i found out about utstatsdb. I think this has what many of you are missing from 2004. It shows you everything you could ever want to know. It is only related to the server but you can check out matches, weapons, streaks, suicides, etc..etc...etc... it really is awesome and frankly now im a little obsessed with it. I think this is what Oldskool0482 is talking about. Check my signature link to see what im talking about. Its pretty cool and fairly easy to set up for any server admins.

Comment

I love looking at stats, but the UT3 leaderboards system sucks. The stats are inaccurate and some important stats like hit-and-runs are not there to begin with. The ELO rating system makes no sense to me. I used to be in the top 100 on custom, now I'm 1000+ even though I'm better than before. So the rank is worthless. I mostly see some warfare players there, that are hardly better than me.

I hope they'll do something better for UT4 if and when it comes. UT3 should never have been released this lacking in all areas.

Comment

Originally posted by kbozz71 View Post
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

i less than three wikipedia!

Comment

Patch 2.0 came in and everyone seemed to get shunted without explanation? I'm not someone who closely follows UT3 stats, but I did notice they weren't updating for awhile there. Forum members mentioned that all Epic servers are now suddenly all pure for the purpose of stats.

As others have said "custom" should have just been reserved for the servers running more extreme mods. Also, do easy Titan kills count the same as non Titan kills? It all looks a bit shambolic tbh.

Comment

My Stats: LINK

I used to go to www.enemydown.co.uk to look at my stats. I thought they were down for good. This is great. I didn't know about the dfb gaming site at all.

I care about stats (not ranking). I really like viewing the weapons section to see how much and how well I use each one. It's great.

Comment

Originally posted by PainSavour View Post
                    I love looking at stats, but the UT3 leaderboards system sucks. The stats are inaccurate and some important stats like hit-and-runs are not there to begin with. The ELO rating system makes no sense to me. I used to be in the top 100 on custom, now I'm 1000+ even though I'm better than before. So the rank is worthless. I mostly see some warfare players there, that are hardly better than me.

I hope they'll do something better for UT4 if and when it comes. UT3 should never have been released this lacking in all areas.
                    STATS are fun, but should not be seen as an indicator of skill as such. Your STATS are just a record of your online activity. This of course has very little to do with indicating skill, as no differentiation is made as to how the STATS were obtained. You know, STATS from playing actual peeps, adept bots, or average bots, it's all the same when it comes to stats. So, a players overall stats do not mean much other than they were playing online.

Here is my favorite stats page;
                    http://ut3stats.beyondunreal.com/search

Go to the vehicle page and click the toggle summary button and check out the pie chart. This is very nice because it also shows how many vehicles you have destroyed, plus other info not available on other stats pages. I suspect there is more detailed info stored in the data base used to collect stats, it just has to be properly queried or something.

Originally posted by kbozz71 View Post
                    RANK and ELO rating are also fun, but should not be seen as a direct indicator of pure DM skill. I am a very good example of this, my DM skills are not near as good as many players who are ranked well below me. But, my other skills make up for that. UT3 has many game types. DM skills are a very important part of all game types, but, they are just one part. Vehicle skills, map knowledge, game tactics, and real time strategy also play an important part depending on the game type. The reason the upper ranks have so many warfare players, is there are more ways to score in the WAR game type than the other game types. ELO is based on how you score compared to the other human players you play with.

You can gain ELO points from playing a match if your score is high enough compared to the other human players. You lose ELO points if you score in the match was not high enough compared to the other players. I suspect there is also a MAX number of ELO points you can gain or lose from a single match as well, (maybe 20 points?)

So, how do you move up or down the ranks? Since every time you play with other humans, ELO is calculated, the more you play, the faster your ELO can change. If your score is high enough, you gain ELO points. There is calculation made for each player in the match based on their current ELO, that determines what their relative scores should have been according to everyones respective ELO. Players who scored higher than that gain ELO points and players who scored below that calculation, lose points. The bigger the score difference, th bigger the ELO change.

This means the higher your ELO, the harder it is to gain points and the easier it is to lose them. Conversely, the lower your ELO, the easier it is to gain points and harder to lose them. Eventually, you will end up with an ELO that represents how well you score in matches compared to the other players you play with.

Comment

ELO is wacky... it's an attempt to use a system designed for 1v1 and alter the equations to apply it to a team based game. There is no way to account for your team mates skill level. If you're playing any gametype besides DM, you obviously will score better if you have a better team, the system in use cannot account for that. ELO was designed for Chess players, and IMHO should have stayed there. So there's my anti-ELO rant. I played a server that gave your stats at the end of the match, and that was kind of neat. I don't really care about my stats, but when you look at them immediately after, when things are fresh in your mind, they seem more relevant. Going to look at my whole stats includes the time when I just started on pc, and I was very very bad... It will probably take forever for my stats to recover, so I ignore them, mostly. No interest in creating another acct. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskool0482 View Post
                        actually Sos DFB had stuff like that on their site, but it only recorded for their server I think, it was cool but they stopped using it
                        Yeah, it is possible to do that, problem is that the server has to be running the stats database code for it, and it often requires someone to maintain the database. Often does not work, especially if there is a patch, then the code has to be updated, etc.

Comment

This is the only 2 pages worth watching for my own information:

http://www.dfbgaming.com/ut3_stats/i...stat_type=pure

http://www.dfbgaming.com/ut3_stats/i...ame_name=ut3pc
                          This last one is the most important page of all - Number 9 baby!

Comment

what is stat what is it for
                            lol i dont care about it too i play for fun and for not some stat elo or ranking or what ever XD

Comment

Rank number I could care less about. I just like checking out my kills with the weapons and vehicles.

http://ut3stats.beyondunreal.com/pla...icles?combined

<3 Hellbender!

Comment

Originally posted by The Demon Slick View Post
                                ELO is wacky... it's an attempt to use a system designed for 1v1 and alter the equations to apply it to a team based game. There is no way to account for your team mates skill level. If you're playing any gametype besides DM, you obviously will score better if you have a better team, the system in use cannot account for that. ELO was designed for Chess players, and IMHO should have stayed there.
                                Quoted for truth, but it's even worse than that. The system has a nasty feedback mechanism where its' flaws get amplified. It thinks player1 is the best (and he's not for the above reasons and more), but then it thinks player2 is also really good because he does well against player1. And the system spreads out from there creating a list of people it considers best all based on a few initial incorrect assumptions.

And I'm not trashing it because I elo low, I'm trashing it precisely because it gave me a super HIGH elo; but for ALL the wrong reasons. When I played matches and pugs against very good CTFrs and DMrs early in UT, it would normally rank me somewhere in top50. Later, when those scenes died and I first started playing Warfare on UMG, within a few weeks it gave me the #1 spot. Despite being a worse player than before (laggier in war, was newer to the gametype etc), it thought - because it incorrectly assigned high elo rankings to war players on UMG - that I was super awesome because I could kill those guys. Nevermind that I previously played much harder opponents in other gametypes, played those other gametypes better, etc.

Once I branched back out into more familiar gametypes to me (CTF/DM), it tanked my elo and ranking. Ranking is completely and utterly worthless.

Stats are mildly interesting but should be taken with a huge grain of salt. When I played defense in CTF, the traditional "competitive" setup is to have 2 people on defense, 3 on offense. So I regularly played at best 2v3, often 1v2 or 1v3 against very good players. Keeping above 1:1 kill/death is tough there. If I try to "maximize" kill:death in say warfare (I've tried for fun), I get something ridiculous like 15:1 to 10:1. As people mentioned, it's mostly interesting to see how much of which weapon you use.

Comment

Working...
                                X