Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you care about your UT3 stats?

I care.
    I find them very interesting , to see from what I die the most, what weapon I use the most etc...

here are the links for the stat that I've found:
    http://ut3stats.beyondunreal.com/search
    http://www.dfbgaming.com/ut3_stats/index.php?page

I really miss personal stats, most games have that info just a button away, but not in ut3. Past the stats for the current game I really don't care.

Anyone else baffled that you can send messages in-game but can't read them without going to the main menu?
    At least when you click on a player in the score menu is usually selects the player under your cursor, that took a few months and patches to figure out .
    Still too difficult to store passwords to servers, at least it prompts when connecting via ip now.
    Reconnect command still doesn't work, a few more patches...

Comment

I followed my stats in UT2004 for a couple of years. Eventually it stopped mattering to me once I got to a certain level.

Comment

i voted that i care. not that i'm out there like 'i'm soo1337', but it helps me see if i've been improving. i'm slowly raising my k/d and that's the one that most concerns me these days. although, admittedly, i do keep an eye out for certain 'milestones' in my ut3 life so to speak. and as a further system for me to follow my progress in regards to the condition i am in whilst playing, i use different alias for different states of mind.

if any one has heard "rek is a drunk!" then you get the picture.

Comment

stat whores ruin the game as people start to play only for their leet stats

Comment

I don't care about them but i like seeing which weapons i am using the most

Comment

Like Rek says.. I don't actually care about my stats but i do check it from time to time to see if i "at last" am having more kills than deaths... but that seems like a dark long tunnel and could have a dead end

Comment

I don't care and never check 'em

Comment

I really could care less about stats. The results are extremely skewed since often you are put against opponents that are not close to your skill level. If you're a mediocre player and you keep getting into servers against really good players your stats are going to suck.

If the game had a ranking system that put you into games with similarly skilled players, then it would be a different story. Perhaps that's something Epic could focus on with UT4.

Comment

I find them entertaining to follow. I liked the 2004 stat system waaaaaaay more because you could check your performance for each match at the end of the day.

For example: http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/mat...match=44910681

OMG look how detailed that is, it's amazing! Why couldn't that have been done for UT3? I'm both flabbergasted and bamboozled.

Comment

For me ranks and stats are not the same thing. I'd say that some people care about most stats, even if they don't about ranks. Let's see if I get this right:

Rank has to do with your classification when compared with other players, like which place you are on a top 100, maybe ELO or other. Looking at your rank, you are checking if you are better or worse than other players.

While stats can also be personal data that shows your performance like the nr kills per weapon or vehicle, flags captured, awards, etc... where you can know how well you are doing, but without worrying about comparing yourself with others.

Comment

I cared about stats the first 5 or 6 months when UT3 was released.
                        I set my goal to be in the top 100 but i only made it to 117. I had a few days and i dropped several places and then i quit trying to get my stats up.

I havent cared about stats in any other UT game even though i played them all. i just thought it was silly to care about a few numbers on a webpage.
                        If i win a fair game then i think i did good and if i dont i sucked and thats all stats i need.

Comment

actually Sos DFB had stuff like that on their site, but it only recorded for their server I think, it was cool but they stopped using it

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                            I followed my stats in UT2004 for a couple of years. Eventually it stopped mattering to me once I got to a certain level.

The Ut2K Stats are ace though. I remember checking them all the time. Seeing who killed me, what weapon did they use, what map it was, who killed them what weapons, what map what servers.... You could go on and on for hours looking at the stats after just one match.

The UT3 stats to me are just numbers which don't correlate to anything I would call meaninful.

xxxx# kills xxxx# deaths hoo haa big deal

Comment

My stats got stuck after the 2.0 patch.After the 2.1 i was getting awards(not always) but still no stats change.

Stats were good to have but dont represent the best player.Before patch 2.0 most of the 1st 50 best players (rank-custom servers) were from EU(mostly warfare players). playing in EU servers could get u up in rank easier than playing in US. That didnt mean that US war players couldnt go up in rank cause they were bad.

Rank=nothin. Stats=why not.

Comment

Working...
                              X