Buying an other copy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying an other copy ?

hi guys, i have ut3 from when it came out , i can buy another copy from gamestop , or should i buy it threw steam ? price is the same 10 bucks, are the servers the same for steam and dvd copy ? what should i do ? thanks for your help

dice65

Servers are the same for both versions.
    May I ask why you want to buy another copy?
    Banned?

And about Steam:
    I would buy the non-Steam version.
    However, this is everyone's own opinion.
    UT3 does not require Steam, so why using an extra tool?
    I know it has advantages, but also disadvantages.

You don't need to do anything, it's your own and free choice.

Greets

Comment

banned ? hell i hardly play at all , no im not banned , i have 3 computers here and wanted to play with my kids , do i need another copy or can i install mine on there machines ? and play online ? also i just d/l the titan addon , how do you get to become a titan ? 30 ft tall player ? certain game mode ? thanks

steve

Comment

You can install on more than one PC yes, although in the other games from the UT series you could only have 2 - 3 people on before the master server started to complain about it. To become the titan you need to fill up your bar on the bottom left (by killing peoples), then a flashing letter will appear next to it, hit that key and your a titan. Fill up your bar again when your the titan to become the Super Titan! Then your a titan god!

Comment

Thankyou guys !! we were playing for hours trying to figure out how to become a titan ,lol,
          does it work on all game modes ? i would like to host a server to try it out , also, so i can install the game on my sons computer and use my key that came with my game ? if so , on his can he create his own player ? i thought i needed another copy to get a 2nd key, thanks again for all your help

steve

Comment

Its my understanding that you need two cd keys for two accounts to play at once.

Otherwise one will be disconnected.

Comment

You can play on a LAN AFAIK.

Comment

Originally posted by dice65 View Post
                Thankyou guys !! we were playing for hours trying to figure out how to become a titan ,lol,
                does it work on all game modes ? i would like to host a server to try it out , also, so i can install the game on my sons computer and use my key that came with my game ? if so , on his can he create his own player ? i thought i needed another copy to get a 2nd key, thanks again for all your help

steve
                Titan works in only the servers where it's enabled. There are some servers which do that now. In the server browser you should be able to see the list of mutators on the bottom left.

Comment

Just to let you know. Since Midway fell through Epic no longer have a publisher/distributor. That's why it's now on Steam. You could have a hard job finding it in a store.

Comment

You can play on a LAN with a single cd-key, but the moment you wanna play online together you need multiple cd-keys. Happy fragging

Comment

A second copy is not that expensive. I always buy a copy for each PC personally, because I think it is right.

You can register your DVD copy on Steam, there is a sticky somewhere up there about how to do that.

Comment

Working...
                      X