Need advice with graphics card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice with graphics card

I know this is gonna sound old to most of you....I just installed UT3 on my computer and Im getting the infamous kernall32.dll and ut3.exe error...The game wont even open...I double click the .exe and I get a 3-5 second delay then this aggravating message

Ive installed patches...updated onboard graphics drivers...cleaned registry...Ive tried ALL fixes mentioned which leaves me to believe that my onboard is ****....

It seems I have bare minimum requirements just about

Intel Pentium 4 2.5 ghz
    786mb RAM

I have an intel graphics card that I just learned today is discontinued...I believe I need to purchase a new graphics card and this problem will be solved

Suggestions?

Honestly, buy a new computer!!!

Comment

What graphics card do you have? It might be one that is implemented into your motherboard, which won't let you play ut3 (last time i checked atleast).

If ya need help figuring out how to look it up: start>run>dxdiag>display> and there ya go

If you have to buy a new card don't worry, there are some pretty cheap ones now that run the game great!

Comment

Maker216.....If I had that kinda money I wouldnt have this problem to begin with and wouldnt have to pirate 95% of whats on my computer....ANYWAY to the person who is willing to help

The onboard card Im using is
        Intel 82845G

If you can suggest a new graphics card for me to purchase that will work at a reasonable price thank you

Comment

Click this link, it is a known good site, no malware.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

It will test your system, select ut3 from the drop down menu. After the test, it might put some ads on the sides (NO popups or anythin) but's that's all. I suspect you are talking about a laptop, but I lack enough info really. I hope you get it worked out!

*Edit - I googled your graphics Intel 82845G ... it's really old, and tech moves fast. Not sure what your hardware specs are. I t would be good to know, sounds old, like NT old.

Comment

It may not be as easy as just upgrading your card. You also need to know whether you have a AGP, PCI-E? How big your power supply is? For $125 on Newegg --assuming you're in the states-- you can purchase a BIOSTAR TA760G M2+ Motherboard, and a AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 combo. The motherboard has decent integrated graphics, and it has a PCI-E 16x slot. Of course, you would still need to know if your RAM and power supply would work. Your power supply would probably work if it had the right connectors because of how power hungry the P4s are. For about $45, you can find a usable video card for PCI and AGP, but you need to know what you need.
            Personally, if I could scrape up another $110 I would upgrade the mobo and CPU expecting to get $100 graphics card around September or December.

Comment

OMG onboard graphics? Thats so lame it's not even worth talking about. NEVER EVER EVER USE ON BOARD GRAPHICS! THEY SUCK SO HARD!

You should by a GTS-250 1GB video card and you would be smokeing almost all video games.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunwing View Post
                OMG onboard graphics? Thats so lame it's not even worth talking about. NEVER EVER EVER USE ON BOARD GRAPHICS! THEY SUCK SO HARD!

You should by a GTS-250 1GB video card and you would be smokeing almost all video games.
                I've been using my onboard HD3300 and it's been faring okay :P. Although, I hope to upgrade to an HD 4850 soon.

Comment

Honestly, buy a new computer. Your computer is not worth updating. I've posted a link to a decent computer. If you can't afford this then maybe pc gaming is not for you. I'm not saying this to be mean.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...Id_31_B69-1088

Comment

Originally posted by Maker216 View Post
                    Honestly, buy a new computer. Your computer is not worth updating. I've posted a link to a decent computer. If you can't afford this then maybe pc gaming is not for you. I'm not saying this to be mean.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...Id_31_B69-1088
                    It's so true I have had my Pc for a year and it still better than the one in the link and the one in the link is discontinued, that shows how fast technology moves and If you can't keep up with it, then PC Gaming is "not" for you!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Meh my computers worse than the one in the link but I sill play UT3

Although its not the healthiest computer I've ever seen...

Comment

Originally posted by DertayRuthless View Post
                        Maker216.....If I had that kinda money I wouldnt have this problem to begin with and wouldnt have to pirate 95% of whats on my computer....ANYWAY to the person who is willing to help

The onboard card Im using is
                        Intel 82845G

If you can suggest a new graphics card for me to purchase that will work at a reasonable price thank you
                        I suppose the other 5% is UT3!

Comment

Buy an ATI 4670, it's cheap and fast.

Comment

But with that low amount of RAM he isn't gonna play UT3...
                            Plus a single core processor makes me wanna say: don't even try anymore!
                            Stick to UT'99 with this computer, you seriously need to buy another
                            computer if you wanna play UT3.

Comment

I didn't say the one in the link was bad i was refering to how fast technology goes

Comment

Working...
                              X